Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Been posted in the other thread but still:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9520475.stm

Celtic look to bring back Newcastle goalkeeper Forster

Celtic have made a bid of around £1.5m to Newcastle for goalkeeper Fraser Forster after a successful loan spell at Parkhead last season.

Manager Neil Lennon is keen to see Forster return to the club on a permanent basis.

The 23-year-old arrived on loan last August and went on to make 44 appearances for the club.

And despite leaving without an SPL winner's medal, Lennon wants him back.

Last month, Forster's manager at Newcastle - Alan Pardew - had cast doubt over how much benefit a season in Scotland's top-flight had provided the player.

Pardew was quoted as saying: "We've been disappointed with the quality of the games, other than the occasional Rangers versus Celtic game, and even some of those have been poor."

But the tall keeper managed 24 clean-sheets during the course of a campaign that ended with Scottish Cup victory last month against Motherwell at Hampden.

And Lennon sees him as the man to continue in the Celtic goal when they kick-off their new season at Hibernian in four week's time.

Quote them £6miillion. They are a CL club so no doubt they can afford it.

Are they? ??? They struggle to get past the first qualifier just about every time.  Pretty sure they've not made the proper in about 2-3 seasons.

He's been really happy up here, by all accounts though.  I'm sure he'd resent coming back just to be shipped out on loan again or sitting on the bench.

Every single one of them has got a price tag hanging around their necks and unfortunately £1.5m is perilously close to Forster's. If they up it half a million he'll go.

Fucking criminal. :hmm:

Are they? ???

He's been really happy up here, by all accounts though.  I'm sure he'd resent coming back just to be shipped out on loan again or sitting on the bench.

Don't Celtic get to enter the qualifiers for the CL every season? I wish we had that option.

Are they? ???

Don't Celtic get to enter the qualifiers for the CL every season? I wish we had that option.

The perks of being a decent team in a shit league.

2 seasons out on loan, playing every game. Probably feels a bit estranged from the club.

Competition from a similarly talented young keeper, but guarenteed a start up there.

He'll be off I reckon.

Are they? ???

Yeah, but they've not made the proper in 3 seasons, so the idea they are a CL team and the way you phrase I presume you mean they have plenty of money to offer more is a bit skewed.  They're probably more skint than us.

Didn't Pardew say some time ago that one of Forster, Krul or Harper would go this summer?

Probably is one keeper too many, given we've also got Soderberg. No idea which one I'd axe, but I can't imagine either Krul or Forster wanting to hang around warming the bench.