West Ham bid for Dyer

NSG

Guest the_guv_nor

Cant see dyer leaving Newcastle while hes on £80k a week to play for west ham on a pay as you play contract!!!

Guest Strunz

Can't we transfer Anal - get him doing the court round up in the Herald & Post?

In all seriousness, there's absolutely no substance in this story.  As much as I'd like the toe rag to be run out of town, I can't see it happening.

And please, how many chances can he have.  If he was in any other profession, ANY OTHER PROFESSION, he'd be out on his arse.

The bloke seriously makes my blood boil.

Get rid.

Really not arsed either way with Dyer at this point.

If he goes, whatever, not like it's not been coming. If not, I reckon he'll be useful enough next season as part of the squad. Wonder if he'd end up in the middle or out wide? Depends on what system we're using. With Owen still here, I reckon we'll be playing 4-4-2 a fair bit, not sure if Allardyce would want him in the middle in that. Don't see him and Barton together working, and I reckon Barton will start when fit nearly every game. The two of them with a proper DM in the middle of a 4-5-1/4-3-3 would probably be fairly handy.

Guest khyberpass

Dyer is worth a bucketload more than £2 M...

He is a goalscorer, and "on form" is an incisive attacking option....Shearer always praised Dyer as being class on the training ground.

We've all seen his class play.

Worth similar, if not more, than Parker/Barton - as more assists and goals per game than both...and an England regular when fit...

Rather keep him and see if Sam can help him to consistently deliver.

I think people might have misread the article ... I thought the idea was that we would be paid £2 million upfront with additional payments based on how much he played.

I don't think the pay as you play was in reference to Dyer's earnings. It was in reference to us getting more money on top of the £2 million.

I think people might have misread the article ... I thought the idea was that we would be paid £2 million upfront with additional payments based on how much he played.

I don't think the pay as you play was in reference to Dyer's earnings. It was in reference to us getting more money on top of the £2 million.

Yeah, I got that.  However Dyer and "payments based on how much he plays" don't go together.

You know if we settled on this we'd be jipped 'cos the little bastard would get injured again, hardly play and we'd get about 20 pence over the original £2 million

Providing we bring a good enough player in, its worth making a loss on Dyer. Hes a good player, theres no doubting that for me, but hes also a problem player in that he has no position that hes capable of playing in to a suitable degree. No distribution, strength or tackling so cant play in central midfield, cant cross and always wants to come infield so isnt suited to the right wing, no striking instincts and drops too deep into midfield and hence isnt a striker/withdrawn striker in a million years - in all of the positions that he can possibly play, he has a major fault that prevents him from being adequate enough to nail that position in the first team. And the problem then arises of him being on too high a wage, and having too high a reputation/ego, for him to be a utility player - hes thrown several strops in the past when hes moaned about wanting to play in his "best" position (something which only exists in his head), usually culminating in some criminally inept performances - even being handed the captain's armband by Roeder in an effort to appease his unhappiness didnt stop his most recent display of discontent surfacing on the pitch - so how long still he throws the toys out of the pram when Big Sam uses him in various positions and Dyer gets dropped from the England squad for someone better?

Its been nearly 8 years since he joined us, yet hes had probably one good half season in that time, coupled with a few strings of half decent performances when returning from a lengthy injury (even then they were all short lived). Like Titus, we should cut loose, because hes had plenty of chances with us, far more than he deserves. We can surely do better, even if its at a financial loss.

We should only cut our losses if the terms are right and we can replace him.

Are we so skint that we would sell him for a couple of million? Look at the prices players are going for this summer. For once can't we be the club ripping someone off big style? Tell the likes of West Ham a biggish price like £8m and if noone meets our terms then don't sell him, simple as that. Players like Reo-Coker are going for that much this summer. £2m would be a joke for any England international tbh. Players like Dyer and Bellamy are as big as it gets for West Ham (Tevez/Mascherano don't count), he'd be a big signing for them and they'd probably be willing to pay a decent fee for him. But the thing is, we could get a good fee and find any replacements cost a bloody fortune. We have replacements already in Milner/Solano/Geremi but if we lose Dyer we lose significant pace from our midfield, leaving N'Zogbia as our only really quick winger fit to start the season.

I can't see Allardyce selling him though. I'm very confident he'll be a toon player this season and I'm happy enough with that to be honest, we have far bigger problems in defence to worry about.

Not worth it if it's any less than £5m-ish.

£2m, £3m - fuck off, that's pointless. You can buy any mug for that. More worth it to see what Allardyce can do with him. Dyer's come on - people underestimate what he did for us last season - he just has more average-to-bad games than he does good ones. If Sam can get him playing good football on a more regular basis we'll have a very useful member of the squad.

West Ham are a potential rival, the price should be double for them. £8m is what i would ask for. :thup:

Doesn't really matter who it is. He is worth that much. Christ, Jenas went for £8m.

Can't think of any English International that is going to go for £5m much less £2m.

Guest Ridzuan

I hope this news is not true because Im a big fan of Dyer and I want to see him playing for us thisseason.I believe his injury problems have gone and he could be an important player for us this season,just like what he had done during the later stages of last season when he recovered from his injury.I think he is happy being here,and so is Big Sam,so I dont think any move of him moving to West Ham or other club will materialised unless the offer is more than 10m then I would consider.

I don't have much doubt that Allardyce wants to keep Dyer. The big question is whether Dyer wants a move. He may prefer the brighter lights of London, and he'll be conscious that he's not the most popular player with our fans. I think he feels a bit under-appreciated, and that's at least partly justified. He may be pushing for this move, I don't know, in which case that could sway the decision.

I don't want him to go. I'd like to see Barton and Dyer given a good try out in centre mid.