Carlisle Utd 1-1 Newcastle Utd - Post-Match Thread

Newcastle Fan

Guest sicko2ndbest

Still no news on new signings which for me is really worrying the squad is really thin and needs strengthening.

It seems players more likely to leave rather than coming in.

To be fair he wasn't asked about signings.

Reckon he was told by Sam not to ask him about any transfer dealings

The reactions on here today as soon as Carlisle scored were an absolute disgrace and you could see them coming as well.

OMG WE NEED DEFENDERS NOW! NOW! NOW!

MORT AND ASHLEY ARE PLUMS IN THE MARKET!

ALLARDYCE BUMS CHICKENS! \o/

Said it before the match, during the match and I'll say it now, we need defenders and fast. If you think that's a disgrace then you're a bit of a drama queen and/or looking for attention (which is pretty obvious given the caps lock).

NSG there was tlak that N'Zogbia played as a wing back. What formation did we play?

Also, how's rozehnal still looking good?

:kasper:

I would have thought that if he was looking good it would have something to do with his level of performance.

NSG there was tlak that N'Zogbia played as a wing back. What formation did we play?

I would have thought that if he was looking good it would have something to do with his level of performance.

um ... okay.

went of course, what a load of bolocks aswell! even the stewards didnt have a fucking clue  :rant:

where was nobby playing? dm then cm or rw? he needs a set position

martins looked like he was lw most of the match with carroll up top on his own

He is a handsome chap, mind.

Joey Barton went close with a header. Still Newcastle dominating and Martins has had a few chances.

He went close with a header last time aswell :lol:

why you not at this match too? dont call me unless you actually go to the matches

From what i read and listened to, sounds like we played alright had some good moments, with Barton and Martins linking well on some occasions. Comical marking from Carr and Ramage (i think) all todays game showed is how we need 2 more defenders at least.

we looked good whilst in possesion but we need to learn how to attack and have a shot more often

the defence didnt look too bad but a new lb and rb is needed

once taylor is back we will be ok for cb

it was a pretty weak side, no taylor, milner, emre, viduka, given, shola, owen

He is a handsome chap, mind.

Very Teutonic imo.  O0

They are only winning cause of some great keeping, we have played much better and dominated. Agree with Dragon too though pre-season doesn't matter at all really, just like alot of warm up games.

Great keeping ? Take it you wern't at the match and realised that he never really had one decent save to make

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/75583806.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193F59B4249CE5E7FC79496C259BA6B39F1

Newcastle's youngsters take time to see the various landmarks of Carlisle. Here we see them visiting the World's smallest bus stop.

Listened to a bit of Radio Cumbria pre and post match.  What a joke.  Apparently, we won 2-1 at Darlington and Viduka was in the team today.

Post match, kept going on about how bad we were (true) and that we were a good bet for regulation.  Did not comment that most of the players would not be first choice.  Also said Carroll was not good enough for them!!

Also, that we need to follow Carlisle's example and take friendlies seriously!