The £7mill mystery stopper poll ?

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yobo would be very nice but not for this much money

Yobo is worth £7m imo, at least you know you are getting a more than competant Premier League CB.

For all anyone knows any of the foreign players could be another Boumsong, of course they could be another Stam.

Paying to reduce the risk, would be the same with someone like Riise

why is lahm even on the list?

Possibly because he's been mentioned as it's rumoured to be him, that and him being a class defender.

Where has it been rumoured to be Lahm?

Baines, the deal was moving until Whelan heard about it. Nearly had a stroke at the thought of Ashley getting one of his players by all accounts.

Sam wasn't too happy either. Reckons he'll have to turn to Johnny-foreigners now.

Of course that's a complete fabrication on my part but it will be interesting to see if it's repeated.

Guest Obafan

I think it's a bid for Lahm. It would be fantastic if he could join the Toon. Great defender and when he goes on to attack he comes inside and fires a rocket with his right foot.

I cannot see Lahm signing for us in the slightest, and would be utterly shocked if he 1) signed for us and 2) signed for us for £7 million.

Would love to have to eat my words however.

Curtis Davies should be in the poll, although I'm not sure if he would classify as being a top class defender as of yet anyway. Certainly has the potential to become one at some point.

Curtis Davies should be in the poll, although I'm not sure if he would classify as being a top class defender as of yet anyway. Certainly has the potential to become one at some point.

They've valued him at £11m so probably not him.

Guest SwissMagpie

You can really forget about that fantasy called Lahm.Now Bayern are playing against Bremen in the DFB League cup and he started as Right back(Marcell Jensen as LB) and he made the assist for the first goal.btw Bayern are not in Munich but in  Dusseldorf  so what Mort is doing in Munich? waiting for Oktoberfest?

Ujfalusi and Barzagli would do for me, aswell as a LB....Ujfalusi can play RB too. Barzagli is available in the transfermarket and Ujfalusi's contract goes out in a year. They may not have PL experience. But should we really wait too long just go get PL players? We may end upp with panic buys, and we know how that went last time.

Don know how much Barzagli would cost though.

Ujfalusi and Barzagli would do for me, aswell as a LB....Ujfalusi can play RB too. Barzagli is available in the transfermarket and Ujfalusi's contract goes out in a year. They may not have PL experience. But should we really wait too long just go get PL players? We may end upp with panic buys, and we know how that went last time.

Don know how much Barzagli would cost though.

Ujfalasi has said he's leaving.

Don't really rate Barzagli that highly...But time is running out.

Guest Gav H

It's all bullsh it and waffle to sell STs.

We may as well have the old regime back.

We've already had the "We're gonna sign Ronaldinho/Tevez" speech.

FFS Ashley - Actions not words.

:knuppel2: