Mort is new Chairman - Shepherd leaves

lovejoy

I know it's in another thread but we've waited years for this, so worth it's own:

www.nufc.co.uk

FOLLOWING completion of the takeover of Newcastle United PLC by St James Holdings Limited, Newcastle United PLC announces today that Chris Mort has replaced Freddy Shepherd as Chairman of the Company.

Mr Mort said: "I am delighted to become Chairman of such a fabulous club.Since arriving at St. James' Park I have been hugely encouraged by the warm welcome I have received from so many supporters.

"The strategic review of the Club is going well and, with the new season fast approaching, we feel the time is right to make the change.

"I would like to thank Freddy Shepherd for all he has done for the Club over the last 15 years."

:coolsmiley: ;D :celb: :laugh2: O0 mackems.gif :clap: blueyes.gif :clap2:

I know it's in another thread but we've waited years for this, so worth it's own:

www.nufc.co.uk

FOLLOWING completion of the takeover of Newcastle United PLC by St James Holdings Limited, Newcastle United PLC announces today that Chris Mort has replaced Freddy Shepherd as Chairman of the Company.

Mr Mort said: "I am delighted to become Chairman of such a fabulous club.Since arriving at St. James' Park I have been hugely encouraged by the warm welcome I have received from so many supporters.

"The strategic review of the Club is going well and, with the new season fast approaching, we feel the time is right to make the change.

"I would like to thank Freddy Shepherd for all he has done for the Club over the last 15 years."

:coolsmiley: ;D :celb: :laugh2: O0 mackems.gif :clap: blueyes.gif :clap2:

too slow  ;D :coolsmiley:

Guest DazzaNufc1892

perhaps this is the hold up in transfer news, ashley making sure he wasnt there to stick in any release clauses

You mean the strategic review isnt done yet.. gaww whens he going to show us the money!!!11

Probably soon now.  Wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the whole "strategic review" was Mort being initiated by Freddie. 

Guest WashyGeordie

You mean the strategic review isnt done yet.. gaww whens he going to show us the money!!!11

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/6979/mortxy3.png

Now?

:coolsmiley:

Probably soon now.  Wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the whole "strategic review" was Mort being initiated by Freddie. 

I'm surprised his knowledge took so long to pass on.

"Here's where i sit...Erm...This is the water cooler, its a canny one...erm, these, well, erm, these are flowers, but with a difference, there not real, they are fake! Hehehe"

:rolleyes: