Newcastle 2 - 0 Juventus (friendly) - Post match thoughts from page 23

Dave

Can't believe I am saying this, but 4-5-1 was a cracking formation today. Allowed us to have a decent passing-game which we've been missing for a long time.

Zoggy was MOTM by a mile, lovely ball to Oba for the second goal and the way he took players on in the second was immense

So, so, so glad to hear that Zoggy is re-creating his form of 05/06. Running at players and playing well? I thought that was forgotten about.

He was very good today, mature performance. :)

So, so, so glad to hear that Zoggy is re-creating his form of 05/06. Running at players and playing well? I thought that was forgotten about.

Define mature. :cheesy:

yeah, although I missed most of the game, I heard the PA person announce Shay got MOTM.  How the fuck did that work?  Commentators said he hardly had owt to do

He made two good saves, but there were plenty of players that should've gotten it ahead of him.

N'Zogbia looks so much fitter and stronger. Normally when he plays in centre midfield he doesn't quite cut it physically but today he out muscled the opposition. Ramage deserves credit for his display too.

Worked hard, made things happen. Didn't look like the youngster he is, basically.

In this context - responsible, disciplined and sensible. 

Smart arse. ;)  I asked because 'mature' opens up quite a broad spectrum of footballing adjectives.

Probably the reason behind his good left back performances. We all know he's good enough technically to be a left back but today makes me think he has what it takes physically.

Can't help thinking that this Juve side isn't as good as it once was but there were some cracking performances all over today.

Smart arse. ;)  I asked because 'mature' opens up quite a broad spectrum of footballing adjectives.

He hobbled around like an old cunt, swearing at people and hitting the ref with his zimmer frame.

I don't even need to have seen the game today, to know for certain that he'd be absolutely wasted at left-back. If he can find the form of 05/06, and inevitably improve on top of that given Sam's nurturing credentials, we'd have some player on our hands.

Canny match, very pleased with the result obviously, but we played well. Got boring in parts, but we concentrated for the full 90mins and got what we deserved.

Carroll i thought was excellent, especially after being taken out by Buffon which even in pre season should of resulted in a red card. To think someone of Buffons stature and experience would to that to a kid. Fuking prick.

Zoggy did well, Pattison was shite, and why Given got MOM i do not know, one or two good saves but a quiet day out especially by his standards.

How Was Geremi's Performance?

Didn't put a foot wrong all of the first half. His set-pieces cannot be faulted. Him and Nobby look a class above when it comes to passing and intelligence on the ball.

Also, well done Sam for taking Rozenhal and Geremi off at half time, not risking any injuries

Aye, it looked like he was wrapping cotton wool around them, aswell as Milner and Martins. Even if we had gone on to lose it wasn't worth risking them considering our injuries at the moment.