Next signing an experienced centre-half for 'free' (Chronicle)

Rich

Guest unrealterrorist

Amady that is...

Dont think Abdoulaye would be too bad, hardly inspiring, but solid, experienced in the premier league and Europe, plus he knows Allardyce, for the 500k rising to 1m isnt too bad for a stop gap.

But how long can we keep putting in "stop gap" players i mean that didnt work last season and to move from spain he would require prob at least a 3 year deal.

Amady that is...

Dont think Abdoulaye would be too bad, hardly inspiring, but solid, experienced in the premier league and Europe, plus he knows Allardyce, for the 500k rising to 1m isnt too bad for a stop gap.

But how long can we keep putting in "stop gap" players i mean that didnt work last season and to move from spain he would require prob at least a 3 year deal.

Untill we build a decent squad that can compete at the top of the prem. So tough shit, you will just have to be patient and rightly so. Very few things happen overnight.

Hope you're right.

Don't blame me if it's wrong, most of these stories have been and this just looks like pure speculation.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2007/07/31/faye-set-for-toon-89520-19546480/

BOLTON are ready to sell Abdoulaye Faye, wanted by old boss Sam Allardyce at Newcastle.

New contract demands by versatile giant Faye are way too high for Sammy Lee, who could let him go.

Allardyce has already bid £500,000 plus £500,000 in appearances for the Senegal international - but Bolton want £2m, and Birmingham and Wigan are also keen.

Hope you're right.

Don't blame me if it's wrong, most of these stories have been and this just looks like pure speculation.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2007/07/31/faye-set-for-toon-89520-19546480/

BOLTON are ready to sell Abdoulaye Faye, wanted by old boss Sam Allardyce at Newcastle.

New contract demands by versatile giant Faye are way too high for Sammy Lee, who could let him go.

Allardyce has already bid £500,000 plus £500,000 in appearances for the Senegal international - but Bolton want £2m, and Birmingham and Wigan are also keen.

Isn't that from yesterday's paper and The Sun one is from today. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Smith not a target as Sam eyes defendersAug 1 2007

by Luke Edwards, The Journal

SAM Allardyce is confident Newcastle United are close to making a significant breakthrough in the transfer market as he closed in on two of his defensive targets last night.

However, The Journal understands that Manchester United striker Alan Smith will not be one of the new arrivals, despite claims earlier this week that Newcastle have had a £6m bid for the England international accepted by the Red Devils.

Allardyce is more concerned with filling the gaps in his back line before the start of the season against his former club Bolton Wanderers on August 11, although the United boss admitted he will continue his chase until the last day of the transfer window if he has to.

“We’re linked with a lot of players and I’d prefer to be linked with players coming in, not going out, but 99% of it is wrong,” said Allardyce, who has vehemently denied he is willing to sell Obafemi Martins to raise funds for his defensive reinforcements. “My main focus is bringing players in, we haven’t managed to bring one in for a while but I’m very confident we will in the near future, we hope we will be picking up one or two players.

“It’s nice to get them as early as you can but, at the end of the day, as long as you get them in, that’s the most important thing. We are continuing that pursuit and from the top of this club down to me we are going out all guns blazing. It’s a difficult market to work in, but we are doing our best. There is no sense panicking and trying to sign players for the sake of it.”

And Allardyce was keen to put the emphasis on his search for defenders, despite the suggestion that Smith was due on Tyneside to discuss personal terms today.

He added: “The defence is the area we are looking to strengthen. The players who have come in for the last couple of friendly games have done very well, but we lack experience because of the amount of players I released when I first got here.

“Defenders around Europe are difficult to find and a lot of players have already been snapped up. There is a limited market in every position, but in that position there is a limit to those with the quality to play in the Premiership.”

One player who is still expected to be allowed to leave St James’s Park is Kieron Dyer, despite the fact the Magpies are still haggling with West Ham over the size of his transfer fee. The Journal revealed on Tuesday that West Ham have had a £5m bid turned down, even though the England star has been a target for abuse from fans over the weekend with both his car and home attacked by disgruntled supporters.

Allardyce, though, will not allow that regrettable situation to enable West Ham to sign the midfielder for less than his proper market value. He said: “The bid for Kieron is too low in today’s prices. In today’s market, he is a top Premiership player, 28 years old with plenty of experience who is a current England international.

“The best way to resolve it is if someone makes an acceptable offer and he leaves the club. But if we don’t get an offer that is right, we will try to resolve it through some other route if he doesn’t leave Newcastle.”

My main focus is bringing players in ... I’m very confident we will in the near future

Guest unrealterrorist

Amady that is...

Untill we build a decent squad that can compete at the top of the prem. So tough s***, you will just have to be patient and rightly so. Very few things happen overnight.

patient we have been dont you agree but this is about opinion yes mine was and will always be big sam will do it but give him the tools he needs i mean he has been losing his cool with the board so!!

Just watched a clip, showed 'someone' scoring three goals, first one seemed to bounce off his body as he ran into the box, second looked like a pass that just kept going but the third was a scorcher.

If he's a central defender he's certainly a ball playing one that likes to get forward.

Or it might have been someone else with the same name.  ;D

Just watched a clip, showed 'someone' scoring three goals, first one seemed to bounce off his body as he ran into the box, second looked like a pass that just kept going but the third was a scorcher.

If he's a central defender he's certainly a ball playing one that likes to get forward.

Or it might have been someone else with the same name.  ;D

The one he shot from 35 yards into the roof of the net :lol: