Where do YOU want Zoggy? (This is NOT a transfer talk thread).

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It is apparent already that he is multi-skilled and can play in a number of positions...iirc He has played left back in his early days and clearly is comfortable on the wing. I think he prefers to play in the middle as an AM player if it was down to him and we've all seen his surging runs and ability to get long distance shots on target...Would have scored the other day if there had been anyone but Buffon in the goal with that 30 yarder.

Where do you want to see him play and why?

Wing. Still not convinced of his strength and discipline to play 90mins Premier League football in the centre. Definitely showed promise the other night though, so it's cover, and who knows, he may end up there for us.

Left wing.

Keep seeing people say that he 'used to play' left back but to my knowledge, he never played a first team game for Le Havre and he's never played there for us other than in emergencies.

His assets are his shooting, pace, crossing and dribbling. He's a left winger. He's never shone in the centre.

Wing. Still not convinced of his strength and discipline to play 90mins Premier League football in the centre. Definitely showed promise the other night though, so it's cover, and who knows, he may end up there for us.

At some point I hope we see him as a middle three with Barton and Geremi. Atm I'm edging toward free role winger allowed to come in if it gains an advantage.

Wing, think he has everything needed to be a truly top winger.

Reckon he'd be good in the middle as part of a 3-man midfield, driving forward. But he'd be most suited to the role I'd expect Barton would play.

Wing, think he has everything needed to be a truly top winger.

Reckon he'd be good in the middle as part of a 3-man midfield, driving forward. But he'd be most suited to the role I'd expect Barton would play.

He likes an interchange and a 'burst through the middle' in a way that Emre can rarely pull off.

I just want him back to what he was in his first full season here. I fucking loved him that year and he was one of the very, very few bright points of the Souness reign. As long as he's in the team in one of his actual positions, I'm happy. Left-wing firstly, centre-mid second and left-back if absolutely necessary.

Not sure he has the vision to play in behind the strikers, not just yet anyway.

He's an "impact" player, ideally suited to bursting up the flanks/through the middle... the Juve game was eerily reminiscent of of the times two seasons ago when he'd receive the ball on the flank from a quick goalie throw and the whole crowd would roar him forwards... and quite often he'd make something useful happen.

Our most exciting player on his day and invaluable if he has his head right. As he gets older and slows down a little/learns more discipline/experience I think he could become a top-class fullback as well.

Either in AM or on the wing depending on who we're playing, if the fullback is a bit of a slug then i would definitely play him there. I do think he can become a very good attacking midfielder in a 3 man midfield, but he probably needs to be eased into the role.

I don't really mind as long as he isn't stuck at left back.

I'm just happy to see him in the team and looking up for it. He's starting to look the player he was, and when he's playing well, there aren't many better left-footers  in the Prem.

To answer the question though, left wing.

Depends on the formation tbh. If we go with 4 in midfield then I'd stick him out on the left of it. If we're going with 3 CM's then, as long as he's got 2 minders in there with him, I'd be quite happy to see him there with the chance to get forward and support the target man.

If we don't sign another LB then I think he's good enough to be converted into a better LB than Babayaro is and Huntingdon could ever be. Allardyce has got to find a way of getting the best out of this kid.

On the left-wing.

He's a left winger.

He's a left winger.

He's played gash in centre-midfield, and not done anything to suggest he'll excel at left-back, either.

He's looked immense on the left-wing.

He's a left-winger.

On the left-wing.

If by some travesty we don't sign a left-back, i'll settle for him to switch to left-back, but it'd be such a monstrous waste of talent.

He's a left-winger, so should play on the left-wing.

Gar!

He has been his most effective at left wing. If he and Damien Duff were on form I can't think of a pair of better left wingers. Just a shame Duff as been kinda...... Duff and Zoggy lost form. If we start with 4-4-2 this season I would like to see Zoggy start left in the absence of Duff and Milner start right. From what I seen of him pre-season Milner is well worth a start and he had a top season last year which is even more impressive given the treatment of him in the last summer transfer window.