Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

Bit confused here, why do we think the deal has stalled?

Is it Ashely after more cach?

WHU after more cash?

Dyer after more cash

Or something else?

Ashley after more cash seems to be the general consensus.

ashley sending out a message if you ask me. making an example of the deal.

we're no one's mugs anymore, dont f*** with us! ;D

Sends out another message that we have enough money at the club not to be bothered about losing out Dyer's fee. That is re-assuring in itself and should give critics of the new regime like Invicta and NE5 something to think about.

To clarify, you think it's OK for the club to be run so Ashley bails it out and either uses his own money or the clubs to keep a player who wants to leave ?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not advocating being an easy touch, it may well be that this increase in the fee is to pay for a loyalty

payment by Dyer, and I would actually be in favour of letting the little bastard rot if this is the case, although as Sam is the manager he will have to do the sensible thing and play him, but I hope he doesn't expect the supporters to accept him fully again after this escapade. You can't chuck money away, and you have to use your players to win games. We have been through this bollocks with Souness and Bellamy, and Robert.

I'm asking this of you because you didn't respond to my post in "everything falling into place", number 237, and wonder why exactly you seem to want to make such snide comments about myself - and vicky - and presume for some reason that someone has supported the club for 40 years and not wanted us to be successful, just because we dont' agree with you ? Some people prefer to judge on actions when they see them, rather than wear rose tinted specs.

I'll be happier when we start throwing our financial weight around and beating smaller clubs to the top players personally, and can't see anything wrong with that, can you  ?

Unless of course you yourself have limited ambition [bTW this is similar to the last comment you didn't respond to]

I think if the clubs have agreed a fee of 6m quid he should stick to his word, and if Dyer has asked for a loyalty bonus then he would be far wiser to forget about it, he must know that setting foot in the quayside again would not be very advisable.

I'll be happier when we start throwing our financial weight around and beating smaller clubs to the top players

What financial weight is that?

Do you mean Mike Ashley throwing his own money around or do you want the club to go further into debt to buy players?

I'll be happier when we start throwing our financial weight around and beating smaller clubs to the top players

Do you mean Mike Ashley throwing his own money around or do you want the club to go further into debt to buy players?

the financial weight gained from having one of the biggest crowds and fanbases in the country, what do you think ?

I think you should answer the whole post Baggio mate, it is quite clear that Tron is advocating Ashley uses either his money or the clubs' to keep a player on the payroll that wants to leave.

the financial weight gained from having one of the biggest crowds and fanbases in the country, what do you think ?

You appear to be gutted about everything at the minute.

You appear to be gutted about everything at the minute.

oh dear. Here he comes. Like a fly to dogshit.

mackems.gif

There is a whole post for you to comment on there  :laugh: After you have told us how we are now getting bigger crowds than Liverpool and Chelsea when it wasn't the case pre-1992  mackems.gif

mackems.gif

There is a whole post for you to comment on there  :laugh: After you have told us how we are now getting bigger crowds than Liverpool and Chelsea when it wasn't the case pre-1992  mackems.gif

Are you saying I'm a fly and you're dogshit?   bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

mackems.gif

Are you saying I'm a fly and you're dogshit?   bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Didn't expect a reply to the complete post, again

It means you're obsessed  mackems.gif

:rant:

Why on earth does these same old arguments keep turning up on the different threads?

I really don't know. I wasn't really too bothered about this one, until Tron made that snide comment about myself and Vic.

Why on earth does these same old arguments keep turning up on the different threads?

The answer is above the question.

I've answered the question for him, as you didn't bother. Par for the course really

I think you should answer the whole post Baggio mate, it is quite clear that Tron is advocating Ashley uses either his money or the clubs' to keep a player on the payroll that wants to leave.

Do you even look at our financial results?

We may have a big crowd and fanbase but we've been operating at a loss for a few years now, which means any players we want to buy has to be borrowed on top of the debt we already have to pay back.

Would you be happy if we spent £20 million on players even if it pushed the clubs debts up to the £100 million mark?

Ashley is driving a hard bargain for a player for whatever reason, about time I say as we've been a soft touch in the transfer market for far too long.

I've answered the question for him, as you didn't bother. Par for the course really

I'm a lass. Your facts are wrong. Par for the course really.

Have to say, I'm happier than ever that it's the West Ham game that I'll be going to :D I hope to fuck that Smith, Barton and/or Drago kicks the shit out of Dyer.

I've never hated Dyer, quite the opposite, but I've just grown tired of him. His performances at the end of last season was Pattison-esque. Good riddance

I reckon that Dyer and his agent have engineered this move, all of these stories about family problems and eggs were probably placed in the press by Dyer's people to help along the move without actually asking for the transfer.

If he is now asking for £2m loyalty bonus because he didnt ask to be transferred, Mort has probably said, fine you can have it but your price is now £8m. Get out of that one without moving, as me dad used to say.

He either waves the loyaly fee or doesnt get the move. Classic  :lol:

Do you even look at our financial results?

We may have a big crowd and fanbase but we've been operating at a loss for a few years now, which means any players we want to buy has to be borrowed on top of the debt we already have to pay back.

Would you be happy if we spent £20 million on players even if it pushed the clubs debts up to the £100 million mark?

Ashley is driving a hard bargain for a player for whatever reason, about time I say as we've been a soft touch in the transfer market for far too long.

I posted this a few days to you, you either haven't seen it or haven't responded.

Ashley has bought the club and must have known it would cost around 200m quid to buy it and cover the "manageable" debts.

Meaning he has cleared the slate, and can set about running the club in the way he sees fit.

If not, then he has decided to run with the manageable debt and run the club in the way he sees fit. [which doesn't make sense at all if he has plenty of money to clear it rather than pay the colossal interest]

Or - he was not aware of it, which means he isn't as smart as people make out. Everybody knows football clubs have debt, every investor knows football clubs have debts and will cost you money, he could have found this information anywhere.

Agree ?

I was chatting about this last night with a mate of mine who is a financial guy, and he says it is understandable that Ashley wants to conduct a review of the finances, but it is a complete no-go that he would not have knew more or less what the results would be, and decided to go with it all regarless, unless he's an idiot. And he more than likely isn't an idiot !!

Now. Nobody expects him to spend his own money in the long run, but getting back into europe asap benefits him, and everybody, agreed ?

Once established, the clubs fanbase - since 1992 anyway - put us among the top clubs able to beat the smaller clubs to top players, agreed ?

The sooner the better. Agreed ?

You have said yourself, that we will need a step up from these signings this summer to achieve these top positions, haven't you ?

It's a bit of a shame you are jumping down at me for presuming that I say Ashley should spend his own money, when plenty of people are clearly stating exactly that.

I want rid of Dyer, but if we keep him on, and don't play him - and lets face it his days are over - it is costing the club, or Ashley, money. Do you agree ?

I reckon that Dyer and his agent have engineered this move, all of these stories about family problems and eggs were probably placed in the press by Dyer's people to help along the move without actually asking for the transfer.

If he is now asking for £2m loyalty bonus because he didnt ask to be transferred, Mort has probably said, fine you can have it but your price is now £8m. Get out of that one without moving, as me dad used to say.

He either waves the loyaly fee or doesnt get the move. Classic  :lol:

I agree with that, I'd forgot that he's been with West Ham during the summer, it stinks really.

It's good to see that we're no longer getting taken for mugs.

I'm a lass. Your facts are wrong. Par for the course really.

oopss, sorry Toon Army.... sorry Toon Amy.

BTW, I'm right. I always am.  :coolsmiley: