Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

I'd say it was likely someone else has come in with a bid, so the club have kicked up to try and get more money for him.

I like the thought of that. Never crossed my mind that more people would bid for him, i only thought WHU were daft enough.

I'd say it was likely someone else has come in with a bid, so the club have kicked up to try and get more money for him.

I like the thought of that. Never crossed my mind that more people would bid for him, i only thought WHU were daft enough.

Spurs were supposed to be interested according to Anal, swap deal involving Zokora but they couldn't agree on how much Dyer's worth.

Perhaps they've come back in?

Anyone think West Ham are going to become the most disliked mid-table club in the country? The whole Tevez thing stank, they should have been relegated, and now they're gonna be throwing money about when they should be in the Championship.

Add to that a team with Bellamy, Bowyer, Dyer, Lucas Neill and Anton Ferdinand and I don't see how you can't just hate the cunts.

Spurs were supposed to be interested according to Anal, swap deal involving Zokora but they couldn't agree on how much Dyer's worth.

Perhaps they've come back in?

I suppose, but what about the famous wage structure? Dyer would take a 33% pay cut to join Spurs would he?

Anyone think West Ham are going to become the most disliked mid-table club in the country? The whole Tevez thing stank, they should have been relegated, and now they're gonna be throwing money about when they should be in the Championship.

Add to that a team with Bellamy, Bowyer, Dyer, Lucas Neill and Anton Ferdinand and I don't see how you can't just hate the cunts.

To be honest, I think they already are.

Some achievement. I never bought into that 'everyone's second favourite club' bullshit, but even so, it is good to see how people are quick to recognise their duplicity and awful behaviour of the last season. They are without a doubt the least liked club in the PL at the moment.

As an outside, I'd quite like to see someone tell West Ham to cunt off (even if Dyer is worth 4m maximum), just to fucking annoy them.

Loathesome, loathesome club.

Great post brummie,totally agree,they should be in the Championship now and the sickest scummiest fans in the country.

To be honest, I think they already are.

Some achievement. I never bought into that 'everyone's second favourite club' bullshit, but even so, it is good to see how people are quick to recognise their duplicity and awful behaviour of the last season. They are without a doubt the least liked club in the PL at the moment.

Its going to be hard for them everyone wants to beat them and theres no doubt at all they'll bump into Sheff Utd in one of the cups.

Guest Guinness

Hopefully this can be sorted soon, there is surely no way back for him now after what's happened in the previous week, he needs to go.

As an outside, I'd quite like to see someone tell West Ham to cunt off (even if Dyer is worth 4m maximum), just to fucking annoy them.

Great post brummie,totally agree,they should be in the Championship now and the sickest scummiest fans in the country.

Pretty sure they're the only set of fans I've ever heard singing about a brain tumor. Brainless cunts.

Pretty sure they're the only set of fans I've ever heard singing about a brain tumor. Brainless cunts.

Pun forgiven Mowen!

Pun forgiven Mowen!

;)

West Ham claim price was hiked by £2m at 11th hour

Owen struggles again as injury delays comeback

Louise Taylor

Saturday August 4, 2007

The Guardian

Kieron Dyer's proposed £6m transfer to West Ham United collapsed last night after sources revealed that Newcastle United inflated the fee to £8m at the 11th hour. The resultant upset at Upton Park overshadowed Newcastle's recruitment of Alan Smith from Manchester United on a day when it also emerged that the still injured Michael Owen will almost certainly have to sit out the start of the Premier League season.

Although Dyer, who nurses an undisclosed liver complaint and has a history of hamstring and shin trouble, passed a day-long medical at a London hospital on Thursday, West Ham sent the England midfielder away unsigned yesterday, complaining that Newcastle had reneged on an agreement reached on Wednesday by increasing his price at the last minute.

The two clubs had agreed that West Ham would pay £5m plus a further £1m related to appearances but that basic £5m was raised to £7m shortly before the player was due to put pen to paper.

Sources close to Dyer - who first suspected a hitch when Newcastle failed to return West Ham a signed copy of the originally mutally approved transfer forms - appeared pessimistic that the deal could be revived last night. However, they were adamant that he will not be returning to Newcastle. It is understood the only way the 28-year-old will join Alan Curbishley's team is if Mike Ashley, Newcastle's owner, lowers his total demand to £6m.

What seems peculiar about the affair is that Newcastle - who declined to comment last night - were widely regarded as having pulled off a coup in collecting £6m for the injury-prone Dyer, who earns around £60,000 a week at St James' Park.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2141459,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=7

Bet Sam wouldn't be too disappointed. It would give Dyer a big wake up call or he could choose to rot in the reserves but with MA's cash if he does stay it shouldn't be allowed to hinder other targets.

There would be something satisfying in pissing on WH's chips.

Guest nufc_geordie

Not about the deal, Ashley believes Dyer was tapped up and the compensation he wants is two million or he will report West Ham. Seems a fair deal to me, it appears West Ham are getting away with murder at the minute.