Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

Guest WHU Lass

7m is one of the best deals we have had in a very long time.

£7m is not the price being quoted down here.  More like a down payment of about £2m with more to follow based on appearances etc.  Same with his wages, we are not paying anywhere close to £80k a week.

Jury's out on whether or not he's a good signing for us, depends on whether he can keep fit I s'pose.  Guess there's not much in it between him and Alan Smith.  I'll give him a chance and see how he goes before passing judgement (not even guaranteed a first team spot anyway).

Good luck for next season - think we are both heading for mid-table obscurity (which suits me after the "excitement" of last season O0)

Guest WHU Lass

It seems to have been generally reported as £4m rising to £7m. People are obviously optimistic about getting the add ons.

Well, if he's as sh*t and injury prone as everyone is saying on here, you won't be getting much more (based on appearances anyway).  Like I said, he's not guaranteed to be first choice in any position.

It seems to have been generally reported as £4m rising to £7m. People are obviously optimistic about getting the add ons.

Well, if he's as sh*t and injury prone as everyone is saying on here, you won't be getting much more (based on appearances anyway).  Like I said, he's not guaranteed to be first choice in any position.

He's better than Scott Parker mind you, that bloke is one average footballer.

He was sh*t for us. It was time for him to move on for all our sakes.

He might do well for you... who knows? We will still want our money!  O0

Guest bluegeordie

No need to be dicks about it.  Ok, he wasn't great for us, and accepted a hugely overpaid contract that he didnt ask for.  But he's only human, and the injuries he had were a bit ridiculous.  Could have been great, maybe's he should have been.  But he wasn't.  Get get get get over it, get over it.

I appreciate where you're coming from, but my gripe is that for years the club gave, gave, gave to Dyer, and he took, took, took ... and then, when his injury woes are allegedly behind him, and he finally has the chance (which, admittedly, he would probably have spurned) to give something back, he manouvres to take off on the flimsy pretence of some out-of-thin-air "family problems". Basically, and at the risk of sounding old fashioned, in my view this is unethical in the extreme (and not merely as a football player, but as a human being), and it's simply confirmed what I've always thought of the little waster, and that is that he doesn't possess the character worthy of our shirt.

It's rare that I can't wish a player all the best when he leaves our club - even if he's been absolute shite - but in Dyer's case I'd actually enjoy seeing him fail. Hopefully, after the disappearance of Fat Fred, Shitus etc, Dyer's leaving represents the cutting out of the last remaining cancer from the pre-Sam NUFC ... although I've always feared that Baba and Carr are cells in serious danger of mutating into tumours!   

He's not shit, he's inconsistant. On his day he can be almost unplayable, it's just that his days are frustratingly few and far between. Would make an excellent impact sub for almost any team I would have thought though, he has spectacular pace, even with the ball at his feet.

His goal / performance against Soton in the FA Cup.

His goal against Everton.

His performace at Elland Road.

Quite frankly, I'm struggling to recall any other (better) moments.

Everything that needs to be said about Dyer has been said already, and he has been correctly identified as the embodiment of the travails that have haunted this club.

So, too bad it wasn't to be, mate. (Major) Part your fault, the other... well, we're Newcastle United.

And His Goal against Zeljeznicar in Sarajevo...very good goal...I been there and enjoed!!!

£7m is not the price being quoted down here.  More like a down payment of about £2m with more to follow based on appearances etc.  Same with his wages, we are not paying anywhere close to £80k a week.

He was never getting anywhere near £80,000 a week here mate, that was idiotic paper talk and nothing more.  I can believe that he was on as much as £60,000 a week though.

good riddance.

the little rat never lived up to his own hype. he came up here, took millions from the club, shagged half the lasses on tyneside, fought with bowyer on the pitch, gave it about 45% during matches and spent far too long on the sick

lets hope that with the new regime we have finally seen the back of wasters like the King of Bling.

as for Roast Ham. they've got Bellamy the rat, Dyer the Rat and Bowyer the rat all in the same team. gutted.

Jury's out on whether or not he's a good signing for us, depends on whether he can keep fit I s'pose.  Guess there's not much in it between him and Alan Smith.  I'll give him a chance and see how he goes before passing judgement (not even guaranteed a first team spot anyway).

Good luck for next season - think we are both heading for mid-table obscurity (which suits me after the "excitement" of last season O0)

Full of shit. £5m and then an extra £1m if you dont implode. Parker, Dyer and Bowyer were shit for us and they will be for you too,

Full of s***. £5m and then an extra £1m if you dont implode. Parker, Dyer and Bowyer were s*** for us and they will be for you too,

Dyer will be the better of those 3 if he keeps his fitness.

Full of s***. £5m and then an extra £1m if you dont implode. Parker, Dyer and Bowyer were s*** for us and they will be for you too,

Dyer will be the better of those 3 if he keeps his fitness.

True. I hope he doesnt though *sniggers*

True. I hope he doesnt though *sniggers*

If he's got real problems then I hope it goes well for him, if he's lying then a broken leg would come in handy.

His sister has been a smack-head for years, doubt that anything has happened over the last few months that has drastically changed the situation.

Modern agents have the art of the non-requested transfer down to a tee.

From today's Guardian

"The east London club originally offered £1m for Dyer with further appearance related payments to be made in instalments but Newcastle stood their ground and held out for six times the initial basic offer for the 28-year-old. It was originally thought that the Smith deal would be delayed until Dyer had signed but St James' Park sources last night insisted that this was not the case."

and

" West Ham are anxious to establish that he is worth the investment of £6m, plus at least £60,000 a week in wages."

Despite others saying 80k / week the Guardian have always been describing his wages as 60k / week and they tend to be fairly accurate about money. Anyway, looks like Mort has done a good deal here.

He's better than Scott Parker mind you, that bloke is one average footballer.

Parker and Dyer are two average footballers, in fairness.

we went wrong soemwhere - a few years ago we had a load of talent (Dyer, Jenas, Chopra, teh Portuguese kid)

and yet none of them have really come through

aa blame Souness me'sel like

we went wrong soemwhere - a few years ago we had a load of talent (Dyer, Jenas, Chopra, teh Portuguese kid)

and yet none of them have really come through

aa blame Souness me'sel like

I agree, there can't have been many clubs with more unrealised potential in its playing staff over the last ten years.