Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

Lee Ryder obviously watched the Fantasy football show last Friday as his article is basically a re-hash of what Dyer was saying on the show.

More lazy jounalism or just a slow news day in Thomson house??

That whole show was interesting.

Dyer did his 1 to 11. Zero mention of Speed and he went out of his way to exclude Shearer. In general talk, he gave Shearer some props and seemed to try and be fair to him but you could tell they didn't like each other.

Interestingly he had Given, Woodgate, Bellamy & Solano in his 1 to 11. The last two ahead of Beckham & Rooney. The silence when he named Solano ahead of Beckham was pretty funny but very honest. He said they had a tremendous understanding. Nobby had pretty much everything Dyer didn't - and vice versa and it worked beautifully.

He also said Bellamy was his best mate in football but credited him correctly as the most important player at the club.

If you didn't know already you could tell there were big divisions in the camp.

He said almost the exact same thing as Craig Bellamy about SBR's man-management. I've heard them both say SBR would take them to the side pre-match, pump them up to feel like they where the greatest, strongest, quickest players in the world and it reflected in the side. At our best under SBR we were confident, strong, everyone looked like world-beaters. We haven't had that since.

He also said Graeme Souness gave him the best advice regarding his career which sparked in his own words - the best form of his career.

It's available on demand on Sky without ads.

To be fair, these 1 to 11 things would be very boring if players just picked the players with the best ability. It's a bit more interesting when they talk about their own personal relationships with players, how they complimented each other within the team/dressing room etc, and why.

Solano better than Beckham? That's interesting.

A lot of Black and White glasses on here, Solano was a great player for us but no one outside of Newcastle would put him ahead of Beckham (even though Beckham was not as good a footballer as his hype would led you to believe).

As to your avatar, no I hate the arrogant son of a bitch, loved watching my dolphins beat his crybaby ass first game of the season !! :)

Guest firetotheworks

Beckham's positioning was massively under-rated. Considering he was the best crosser of a ball in the world for nigh on 10 years, it was ridiculous how often he found loads of space to put in a cross.

Beckham's positioning was massively under-rated. Considering he was the best crosser of a ball in the world for nigh on 10 years, it was ridiculous how often he found loads of space to put in a cross.

This was Beckham's biggest strength.  The ability to put top quality crosses in without beating an opponent. He didn't really have the tools to beat opponents neither with pace nor trickery,  yet he didn't need to. Beckham's work rate was his other great asset. He never stopped working. I'm not a Beckham fan but in my opinion, he was a class above Nobby.