Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

Another who's career nose dived after leaving us. Hes bitter because the fans ended up hating him, same with Bellamy.

Remember when he was booed playing for England, at his home stadium? That's why he being a cunt. It's not that he thinks anything, he doesn't think.

Do people actually really care? He was irrelevant when he tried to play for us (at least half of it)  nevermind now.

The most interesting thing about him is what his sisters got down her knickers. Stay classy The Dyers.

Why is anyone asking Bellamy and Dyer what Newcastle fans think in 2017? They left over 10 years ago. Shall we ask Celestine Babayaro what Chelsea fans think? Or how about getting Shearer in to talk about the mood among Blackburn fans? We were in and around the top 4 for half of Dyer's time at the club (he was also injured for half of that time). We failed to invest at a key time while everyone else strengthened and we predictably slid down the league. Appointing Souness was an unmitigated disaster as well. Fans knew this at the time and were vocal about the club's direction or lack of it. Same as happens at many other clubs where fans give a sh*t. None of this means that Toon fans in 2017 think they belong in the top 4, and it certainly doesn't mean Dyer or Bellamy are qualified to talk about it.

Another who's career nose dived after leaving us. Hes bitter because the fans ended up hating him, same with Bellamy.

Remember when he was booed playing for England, at his home stadium? That's why he being a cunt. It's not that he thinks anything, he doesn't think.

Forgot about that, was for refusing to play on the right wing for us one game and Robson rightly asked him if he'd do the same if asked to play there for England the following week.

Bloke is an arsehole, spent ages on the treatment table and was apparently out on the piss all the time, all while picking up massive wages. Never fulfilled his potential on the pitch either, his finishing was woeful.

To be fair, when he was here, we did expect Champions League football or at least to be there or there abouts. I don't believe that was an unfair assessment of our team though. Now though, nah he can f*** off.

I like how he adds "being there" as if it adds more weight to his pov despite that being 10+ years ago. During a specific time when we also finished 4th, 3rd and 5th. :lol: Yeah what wholly unrealistic expectations they would have been for the context at that time.

He must be well confused about his current career if he doesn't understand the concept of expectations changing with time/results.

Do people actually really care? He was irrelevant when he tried to play for us (at least half of it)  nevermind now.

The most interesting thing about him is what his sisters got down her knickers. Stay classy The Dyers.

oh aye? :???:

Dyer has always been a little bastard - even when he was here. He's a delusional prick.

Is it me or do we seem to be the only club where lots of our ex players slag us off? Ridiculous that this lad who was welcomed with open arms by the fans,  made a millionaire by the club could even think about saying bad things.  The cunt wants to give his head a shake.

To be fair, when he was here, we did expect Champions League football or at least to be there or there abouts. I don't believe that was an unfair assessment of our team though. Now though, nah he can f*** off.

Aye when he was here the CL was the target.  Now? Our club should be challenging for top 6 - outside Chance of CL. As a club that’s where we should be.  No I wouldn’t be happy finishing 8-12 long term. 

Everton’s league performance over the last decade is par for us imo.  We should aim for Spurs. 

But in the short term I just want the ambition to be top 8, back the manger, give cups a real go. 

He’s not right but he’s not all the way wrong.  We are one that the biggest clubs in England.

Guest milburn990

Dyer is a wind up merchant who must know that all we want is players, managers and owners to match the hope and support we give to Newcastle. There's nothing wrong with ambition, he goes on like its a dirty word, has he forgot all his career european games were for the toon. To say we expect success is doing us a disservice. I wish Bowyer had knocked him out.

Guest Howaythetoon

From various sources now Bellamy acted a complete and utter bellend with Souness from the get go and that cannot be allowed, regardless of who the manager is. Remember he also acted a prick with Sir Bobby at times too. I genuinely think now he thought back then he was bigger than the club. He was a very good player when on form, but lets not forget his limitations in front of goal and the fact he always seemed injured. Shearer, Shay, Speed, Nobby and Robert were much better for us. IMO Souness and the club were right to peddle him. As for dire, well, the less said about him the better. He was a complete waste of space in the main. Two little toe-rags who were not fit for the shirt by the end.

Guest neesy111

Thing is Dyer joined us only 2 years after we finished 2nd for the 2nd time in 2 seasons and on the back on 2 FA cup finals.  We expected to be around the top 6-7.  So what kind of club did he think he was joining?  Total utter cunt an hypocrite.

All fans after some sort of sustained success change expectations as that is what they expect after a while, like wise they move backwards after periods of failure.

At the time of his leaving Bellamy was the best player at the club imo. He had improved.  He left In January and still finished top scorer.  The next season at Blackburn he got something like 16 league goals.  Those 2 years were his peak imo. He still earned himself 2 Liverpool moves after that. 

I do think he and others held the club in contempt however and I don’t know why.  Especially from Dyer.  At least Bellamy went on to play his best football elsewhere.

I can see where Dyer is coming from here. He was around when Sir Bob guided us to 4th and 3rd places, and then get the sack when we didn't reach the group stage of the Champions League and finished 5th the following season. The supporters, the local press and the Chairman all turned against Sir Bob that season.

I don't think most supporters see us as a club who should be regularly in the Champions League, but there's no question that expectations have been raised as a result of Keegan's first spell, and Robson's stint. The long years of failure have also added pressure, and in the football world we do have the label of the big under-achieving club. So it's all quite understandable. It is what it is.

I usually switch over from that programme after a few minutes because the opinions tend to be bland and predictable. I didn't expect anything different last night, but Dyer surprised me. He had sensible, original opinions on a number of different subjects.