its all me

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4526091154_fc3421a26f_o.jpg

:mackems:

Guest thefishman

Oh aye give that c*** the credit like lads

gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

its all me

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4526091154_fc3421a26f_o.jpg

Anyone else see the face on the second white stripe from the right hand side?  :kinnear:

• 3 weeks later...

JOSÉ Enríque has told potential suitors they will be wasting their time if they try to get him to leave Newcastle United this summer – even though he fears the club may need to sell him to raise transfer funds.

Enríque was one of Newcastle’s most impressive performers in the Coca-Cola Championship and has sporadically been linked with a move as a result.

Even Newcastle’s bitter rivals Sunderland have been credited with an interest given their lack of quality at left-back, but while he has heard the rumours, Enríque is adamant he wants to stay despite the uncertain financial situation at St James’ Park. United’s owner Mike Ashley revealed this week he will not be spending any money on new players this summer which may force Chris Hughton to sell to buy in order to strengthen his squad.

And, having told The Journal last month he could envisage ending his career a Newcastle player, United’s Spanish star insisted the only way he will leave St James’ Park is if United decided they could no longer afford to keep him.

“I still believe I can get better and I intend to do that with Newcastle,” said Enríque, who has formed a tremendous bond with United fans who have revelled in the dramatic improvement he has shown.

“I have seen a few things about other clubs being interested in me, but they shouldn’t bother. For me, I only want to play for Newcastle.

“I’m happy here and I want to stay. If other teams want to buy me they have to speak to Newcastle, but I don’t want to go. The only way I will go is if Newcastle need the money.

“I don’t know what the situation is, but I don’t think so. If they want to sell me that’s not my problem, but I want to stay here and I have told everyone that as well.”

Enríque, like many foreign imports, initially struggled to convince people he was strong enough to cope in English football, but the speed of his development over the last two years has transformed him into one of the best young defenders in his country.

Much of that may be down to the former Spain Under-21 international’s happiness off the pitch and, while other overseas players have failed to acclimatise to life on Tyneside, Enríque loves it.

He added: “Next year will be my fourth season at Newcastle and I have enjoyed my time here. It is a happy club now. I know some players have not liked Newcastle, foreign players, but I don’t understand why. I like the city, I don’t listen to people who say it’s not good.

“It is a big club and it can be an even bigger one. The Premier League is a better league with Newcastle in it. I think the Premier League has missed us.” Although Enríque still has to prove he has the quality to excel in the top flight again, he is adamant the experience of relegation has done nothing but good for him as a player.

He explained: “I don’t think this season has been a poor one. I think I am a better player now than I was when I played that first game in the Championship, the experience will benefit me in the long term. I feel I’ve played well and I’ve got stronger. It is different to the Premier League, but I think it has given me more confidence in English football. It has been more physical and direct but I have enjoyed it.

“Of course it will be more difficult for us in the Premier League, and of course we are going to lose more games than we have this season, but I believe we have a good team and we can do well enough.”

Meanwhile, Leeds United are understood to be keen to take Shola Ameobi to Elland Road to replace the soon-to-depart Jermaine Beckford.

• 1 month later...