José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

We get emails all the time on the web-site from readers, and we received one yesterday from a supposed Jose Enrique – and yes most of them are just fakes -  we know that.

I checked out the IP address and other things you can check out on-line, and it’s consistent – but still probably a prank.

Anyway the email asked why I was writing that he was leaving Newcastle, and he said he loved Newcastle and didn’t want to leave, but he also wanted the club to invest this summer and buy some top players.

Take it all with a pinch of salt – we did – although we do know Jose is a regular reader of this web-site.

We live in hope.

:mackems:

:lol:

Offer him a 3 year deal but with a promise he will be sold in January if he is still not happy with the direction of the club.

He wants the club to show ambition but surely that means showing him we want to keep him here, cannot have ambition if we sell our best players.

Offer him a 3 year deal but with a promise he will be sold in January if he is still not happy with the direction of the club.

He wants the club to show ambition but surely that means showing him we want to keep him here, cannot have ambition if we sell our best players.

Sold at any price? Not sure you can promise something like that tbh, especially if clubs get wind of such an agreement and take advantage.

That said, I still think the national issue is the primary problem, which I don't think changes whoever we manage to bring in...

...barring an established Spanish International. :aww:

Guest michaelfoster

Its obvious he's gone and theres nothing we can do to persuade him to stay, i dont think money is the issue, he just wants to play for his country and he know he probably wont get that opportunity here

Guest michaelfoster

Its obvious he's gone and theres nothing we can do to persuade him to stay, i dont think money is the issue, he just wants to play for his country and he know he probably wont get that opportunity here

No it isn't.

We shall see come 1st Sept

No it isn't.

Even if he is sold come 1st Sept, that does not back your claim that it is obvious at this point of time that he's gone

No it isn't.

That doesn't make sense.

:lol: If it's obvious he's gone, then surely there is no need to wait and see? He's gone, damnit! Did you see the way he blinked at the weekend! Traitor!

The only obvious thing is he hasn't nailed his colours to the mast one way or another.

The main factor in his decision seems to be potential for international selection... I wonder how hard the club have tried to "push" him on Del Bosque? If they wanted to keep Enrique here they should be inviting him or his scouts over to attend matches etc. I'd be interested to know whether this has happened - it would at least send out a positive message to the player.

Are Spain still playing Capdevilla at LB? I know it's not how it should be but maybe the media reports of Man Utd/Liverpool/whoever being interested may have perked up Del Bosque's ears a bit? Seems criminal he hasn't even been given a chance in a friendly, similar to what Arteta's experienced.

Also, re: Sunday he's in a bit of a lose-lose situation really isn't he? If he stays on the pitch for a while, waving to everyone for ages everyone will say, "NOOO! HE'S GOING!", and if he's one of the first to head off the pitch people will say, "NOOO! HE'S GOING!"

Needs to make sure he's exactly 6th off the pitch then, right bang in the middle.

The fact he isn't just adds to my suspicion that the treacherous bastard is eyeing the exit!

I think he has to realise that as long as he is playing regularly at LB then that's all that matters for an international called up.

Does playing in the Champions League or Europa cup really make that much difference to selection ?

I think he has to realise that as long as he is playing regularly at LB then that's all that matters for an international called up.

Does playing in the Champions League or Europa cup really make that much difference to selection ?

If an international coach is doing his job right, then no it shouldn't.  He is playing against top players week in week out in the premier league.

Surely the Spanish are aware of Jose now? He had a fantastic season last year (although at a lower standard) and has carried it on in probably the best league in the world, ultimately becoming one of the stand out left backs in the division. If he isn't selected soon I doubt he ever will tbh, regardless who he plays for.

Surely the Spanish are aware of Jose now? He had a fantastic season last year (although at a lower standard) and has carried it on in probably the best league in the world, ultimately becoming one of the stand out left backs in the division. If he isn't selected soon I doubt he ever will tbh, regardless who he plays for.

He'd get picked playing for Madrid :lol:

Seriously though, its not like they have a long list of LB's lining up, isnt 100 year old Capdevilla still first choice?

gets picked because he is far more adept going forward, him and Ramos give Spain the midfield often doesn't. As Jose isn't as good going forward this is why he won't have been picked, wouldn't shock me if he was in forthcoming squads. Only really him & Monreal coming through as natural LBs to replace that I can think of off the top of my head.

gets picked because he is far more adept going forward, him and Ramos give Spain the midfield often doesn't. As Jose isn't as good going forward this is why he won't have been picked, wouldn't shock me if he was in forthcoming squads. Only really him & Monreal coming through as natural LBs to replace that I can think of off the top of my head.

gets picked because his distribution is much better. enrique is a very english type attacking full back whose basic distribution lets him down too much compared those others.

gets picked because his distribution is much better. enrique is a very english type attacking full back whose basic distribution lets him down too much compared those others.

His distribution only lets him down because he ends up holding the ball too long due to lack of movement in front of him IMO. Most quality clubs will have observed how he holds the ball so well under pressure at left back and releases it in tight spaces very well within the triangle he forms with Colo and Jonas.