José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I think the most likely situation is that Enrique's career here is just drawing to a natural close.

He is coming to the end of his contract at a time when he's simultaneously getting too good for us and reaching an age when he's starting to think about regular international and European football.

Still constantly amazed at the lack of communication inside football clubs like.

Agreed really. I think it would take a massive effort, both in terms of transfer ambition and a sizeable contract, from us to get him to stay. i think there's a bit of petulance about players leaving nufc that has developed recently, well under ashley we've hardly been the most attractive place to play.

of course he needs someone to want to shell out him, so no takers and he is going nowhere.

I think it's a bit too soon to say Enrique is dragging this out too long, but it is annoying that he isn't talking (if true, obviously).

He's been dragging it out since last autumn.

I think he was entitled to wait to see if we got relegated again. Although that's looking more like an excuse at the moment.

Guest BooBoo

The player and his representatives are just messing the club about. I dont know whether they are trying to smoke out potential buyers but its high time they made their intentions known. If he wants away, just sell him asap.

I think it's a bit too soon to say Enrique is dragging this out too long, but it is annoying that he isn't talking (if true, obviously).

I think he was entitled to wait to see if we got relegated again. Although that's looking more like an excuse at the moment.

I'm sure we could have written in a relegation clause. He's taken the piss. Great player but has taken us all for a ride imo.

You keep saying this but I'm almost certain that he did a U-turn as soon as Carroll was flogged. I could be wrong of course.

I think the most likely situation is that Enrique's career here is just drawing to a natural close.

He is coming to the end of his contract at a time when he's simultaneously getting too good for us and reaching an age when he's starting to think about regular international and European football.

Still constantly amazed at the lack of communication inside football clubs like.

I don't disagree with that. I just think comments like Pardew's only serve to distract a lot of fans from the fact it's one of our best players leaving. You only have to look at the hatred towards Carroll and particularly Shay Given who gave us years of fine service to realise how easy it is. Nolan was being called a greedy scouse cunt on here the other day. That's not to say I agree with his supposed contract extension demands, but it just glosses over what he's done for the club. Instead of questioning why our best players aren't being kept at the club, we're squabbling between ourselves about whether they're greedy or not.

I'm just rambling here really. :lol:

I'm sure we could have written in a relegation clause. He's taken the piss. Great player but has taken us all for a ride imo.

Gerraway man. The club have taken players like him, Nolan, Barton for a ride by "breaking promises".

You say he could have signed in the autumn... imagine if he'd done that then they sold Carroll. He'd have every right to be fucking fuming and I would wager that's his main issue. He now has every right to wait and see where this money is going.

I'm sure we could have written in a relegation clause. He's taken the p*ss. Great player but has taken us all for a ride imo.

Gerraway man. The club have taken players like him, Nolan, Barton for a ride by "breaking promises".

You say he could have signed in the autumn... imagine if he'd done that then they sold Carroll. He'd have every right to be f***ing fuming and I would wager that's his main issue. He now has every right to wait and see where this money is going.

So because you sell one player you don't sign a deal? We're better than being a one-man club man. Crap excuse if that's it.

I'm sure we could have written in a relegation clause. He's taken the p*ss. Great player but has taken us all for a ride imo.

You say he could have signed in the autumn... imagine if he'd done that then they sold Carroll. He'd have every right to be f***ing fuming and I would wager that's his main issue. He now has every right to wait and see where this money is going.

So because you sell one player you don't sign a deal? We're better than being a one-man club man. Crap excuse if that's it.

So in early contract discussions, the club say they have ambition and promise not to sell Carroll and then sell him and you think he should sign it anyway? :lol:

Why would a footballer want to commit to a club with no ambition to achieve anything?

Tiote hasn't been here years and seen the same thing happen time and time again.

So in early contract discussions, the club say they have ambition and promise not to sell Carroll and then sell him and you think he should sign it anyway? :lol:

Why would a footballer want to commit to a club with no ambition to achieve anything?

Tiote hasn't been here years and seen the same thing happen time and time again.

Players need to have a word with themselves if they can't see why a club would accept a £35m for a player who may or may not be worth even half of that. If getting Tiote on a long-term deal, signing a France international, and clearly going to sign 2-3 players who'll be in the first-team next year aren't enough for him, he should do the honourable thing and ask to go.

But like I said, him doing that would mean he'd lose out on his loyalty bonus, etc. and if we transfer list him because we want some cash before his contract's up, he gets his way because his fee will no doubt devalue a little bit and he keeps his bonus.

No ambition because we sold Carroll man? Christ are people still using that card?

I agree, it's totally short sighted.

If we manage to get 6 players out of the money, I say it shows more ambition than keeping him and only having enough money for 1-2 players.

Didn't Tiote supposedly double his wages with that new deal? Just saying.

Greedy cunt.

I know you're being sarcastic for comedic effect there, Wullie...but you're right actually.

Didn't Tiote supposedly double his wages with that new deal? Just saying.

Greedy c***.

I know you're being sarcastic for comedic effect there, Wullie...but you're right actually.

Give over. :lol:

He probably came in on a low wage, and when we recognised he was on a par with our best players, we give him a payrise to reflect that.