José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

We keep making fairly good signings, but we're still terrified by the prospect of every shite one that gets randomly suggested. It's a weird world being a Newcastle fan.

We do? Usual mixed bag really IMO.

Don't worry he'll knock a couple of goals in and he'll be a toon legend, a right old Mr Newcastle in no time.

f***s sake man. Give over with this crap.

Give over with your life, it will be easier for everyone involved.

EthiGeordie? Is that you? You really were faking that bad English of yours after all.

Ian you seem to either be predisposed to eternal optimism, a 'glass is always half filled with champagne' kinda guy, or have forgotten the myriad fuck ups of Ashley and Co. And are seemingly ignoring the continued fuck ups. I need to know where you buy your glasses.

I'm not being doom and gloom for the sake of it, just previous track record and evidence doesn't instill a Tom of hope in me, but I do beg to be proven wrong.

Ian you seem to either be predisposed to eternal optimism, a 'glass is always half filled with champagne' kinda guy, or have forgotten the myriad fuck ups of Ashley and Co. And are seemingly ignoring the continued fuck ups. I need to know where you buy your glasses.

I'm not being doom and gloom for the sake of it, just previous track record and evidence doesn't instill a Tom of hope in me, but I do beg to be proven wrong.

Their track record doesn't instil me with the hope that they won't make any more serious fuck ups, I'm always admitting that that's possible.

All I think is that we find ourselves in a pretty decent position at the moment. Ashley gambled on relegation the first time around and got it wrong, but since the we have improved the state of the club and arguably the team.

I don't like Nolan leaving, and I'll be gutted if Jose goes. But neither are part of a grand conspiracy IMO, they're just circumstances that arise where our new way of running things leads to some uncomfortable outcomes. I'd still rather that than us spunking crazy money on people who are clearly past it.

Anyway, it's easier to talk about individual issues than try to make every thread about how bad Ashley is. In Enrique's case I think that he's set on joining a bigger club and is good enough to do so.

Permanent signings since Keegan's departure (excluding kids and half-season frees):

Lovenkrands (free)

Nolan (£4m)

R.Taylor (p/x)

Simpson (£500k)

Routledge (£1m?)

Williamson (£1m?)

Best (£1m?)

Perch (£1m?)

Gosling (free)

Campbell (free)

Tiote (£3.5m)

Ben Arfa (£5.75m)

Cabaye (£4.8m)

From that list I'd say one has been a fantastic signing, a couple of decent/promising/unknown ones and the rest either average or frankly rubbish. Usual mixed bag.

My take is (not sure if this will support my point or contradict it!):

Loven - not a great signing but has filled in OK-ish

Nolan - brilliant signing, especially now we've got our money back

R Taylor - pretty shit, was a mystery even at the time

Simpson - very good signing for the money

Routledge - very good signing at the time, has proved to be not quite good enough for the prem

Williamson - solid for the money, still our second best centre half

Best - could be good, at the moment average

Perch - poor signing

Gosling - potentially good to very good, at least free

Campbell - turned out poor and was surprised we gambled on him

Tiote - signing of the season arguably

Ben Arfa - would have been incredible but for De Jong, still hopefully will be

Cabaye - never seen him play but encouraged by highlights and what I'm hearing

Overall a pretty good set of signings I'd say. Anyway, this thread is about Enrique, he was a brilliant signing!

Fuck me, how is he on £45k a week?

Massive step down from Jose, but let's be honest, who are we going to attract who is better?

Because he was in fine form when they bought him before he forgot how to play football.

First Carew, now Ireland, and hopefully Warnock - who apparently whinges and moans so much, and disrupts the squad so badly, he's been training with the reserves for the last two weeks

Is Beye still at Villa and how far down the pecking order must he be if they're playing Delph at full back?

Beye's training with Warnock and the kids, for being a tit.

Hello hello hello, what's the story here?

Warnock and Beye are, apparently, whingeing cunts, so have been training with the reserves.

Look at that line up tonight - a junior school kid at right back and a midfielder at left back rather than bring those two tosspots back.

Don't worry he'll knock a couple of goals in and he'll be a toon legend, a right old Mr Newcastle in no time.

Fucks sake man. Give over with this crap.

Give over with your life, it will be easier for everyone involved.

:lol:

oh, oh yeah?

edit -  this is what i was looking for

Satan: Son of God, I will smash thy face into small little bits!

Jesus: Oh - oh yeah??