José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest Heneage

Can you see Barca making a move for him VI? He seems to want CL football and I'd imagine international aspirations is he likely to be considered for LB?

We have been linked with him in the press a couple times this transfer window, but I think it's a tenuous link. It's true we are looking for a LB though.

What about the national team? Is he rated in Spain?

Can you see Barca making a move for him VI? He seems to want CL football and I'd imagine international aspirations is he likely to be considered for LB?

We have been linked with him in the press a couple times this transfer window, but I think it's a tenuous link. It's true we are looking for a LB though.

What about the national team? Is he rated in Spain?

No.

I don't mean people think he's crap, just that he isn't very known.

50 million is a very optimistic figure, I don't think any fans really expected that amount to be spent though. I was hoping to see us strengthen more though, because with the loss of Nolan, and surely Enrique now we haven't really strengthened a great deal.

At the end of the day, when Pardew said reinvestment into the club, a lot of us took that to mean investment into buying new players. That's not been the case, with improvements to facilities, player wages and agent fees eating into the cash.

The thing is, the wages alone from Nolan and Carroll pay for the wages of the 3 new first-team signings (100 grand a week between the two). Unless we're talking about signing world-class players, signing-on and associated fees are peanuts in the grand scale of things, and are expected to be absorbed into turnover. With Ashley we can assume he hasn't spent a penny more than was required, so really, where has any of the 35m + 1/2 the TV money gone.

According to the nufc.co.uk article it clearly shows that non-TV money accounts for more than 50% of the club's turnover. I don't see where these extra expenses are coming from, our wages this summer are lower than the previous summer which in turn were lower than the summer before that. I don't see Ashley as the man to be putting ongoing expenses onto the club at all. How many millions does it take to install undersoil heating?

Eh. Do you think a club just has to pay it's staff and that's it? :lol: There'll be plenty of other expenses that a business the size of NUFC have to pay. Also I'd guess the wage bill will have gone up a bit considering that's the Championship season's accounts, so you have to add Tiote and Ben Arfa for last year (plus any re-negotiated contracts, e.g. Taylor) and then factor in the three new lad's wages for this seasons budget.

We'll make a profit, yes. We should be spending a considerable amount more, yes. But, Ashley will not make £50m+ from NUFC this season.

Have they said anything though? Douglas' comment seems to be based on things we already know.

Douglas isn't there. He's in the N.E, just got back from Sunderland tour.

According to the nufc.co.uk article it clearly shows that non-TV money accounts for more than 50% of the club's turnover. I don't see where these extra expenses are coming from, our wages this summer are lower than the previous summer which in turn were lower than the summer before that. I don't see Ashley as the man to be putting ongoing expenses onto the club at all. How many millions does it take to install undersoil heating?

Eh. Do you think a club just has to pay it's staff and that's it? :lol: There'll be plenty of other expenses that a business the size of NUFC have to pay. Also I'd guess the wage bill will have gone up a bit considering that's the Championship season's accounts, so you have to add Tiote and Ben Arfa for last year (plus any re-negotiated contracts, e.g. Taylor) and then factor in the three new lad's wages for this seasons budget.

We'll make a profit, yes. We should be spending a considerable amount more, yes. But, Ashley will not make £50m+ from NUFC this season.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the exact figure, but I think it can be seen it is substantial and that our working capital is NOT being fully reinvested in the squad at this moment in time. I'm not saying it's not his money to begin with, he's simply taking money out of the club that is now available that he loaned to us before. I'd just rather it was done in a way that wasn't coated in lies and false hope. I would rather have a swift statement released at the beginning of summer stating that Ashley is still trying to stabilize the debt/loans and get the club in the black and the Carroll money is helping to do that, so that in future years we will have a sound footing so that we CAN re-invest.

It's the blatant lies fed to paying customers and cronyism of the highest order that I detest.

I don't think there's any doubt that this is a case of a player trying to force a transfer/cover his ass with the fans in anticipation of a move. It's deeply unprofessional and I'm certainly disappointed with Enrique in that aspect.

That said, questions need to be asked about what is going on within the club that makes him feel that he needs to burn his bridges so decisively. Lots of players leave their clubs in acrimonious circumstances, but very few feel the need to kick the door in so loudly on their way out. The comments on the club's transfer policy aren't worth a whole lot, but you have to wonder what's been done to him that makes him feel that he needs to explicitly call the club leadership "liars." It's one thing when a confirmed nutcase like Barton does it, but this guy was a model professional up till just a few months ago.

As fans we're never privy to exactly what goes on behind closed doors at the club. All we can do is look at indicators and try to derive some kind of conclusion for them. At the very least the indicators seem to say that there's something seriously wrong with how the club manages its relationship with its employees.

Have they said anything though? Douglas' comment seems to be based on things we already know.

I know, I'm just basing this on one conversation he had with some guy.

@babybeth1892

beth king

@MsiDouglas what you hearing mark?

2 hours ago via Echofon

replies ↓

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@

@babybeth1892 The pitches, injuries etc. No great secret or anything... Just doesn't paint a great picture

2 hours ago

Doesn't seem to be much in it besides what we already know. What are the other local journalists saying?

Those who are solely believing Jose are pretty daft IMO.

Footballers lie as well, and there's no doubt in my mind that his agent has been in his ear to do something like this. I'm not saying Jose is completely wrong FWIW, but there's a motive behind what he did and it's probably not all truthful.

Pretty stupid tweet, because like we were ever not going to accept £35m for Carroll, and there's also over a month left in the transfer window + we've already brought in quality international footballers.

See you later you cunt, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Footballers lie as well, and there's no doubt in my mind that his agent has been in his ear to do something like this. I'm not saying Jose is completely wrong FWIW, but there's a motive behind what he did and it's probably not all truthful.

Pretty stupid tweet, because like we were ever not going to accept £35m for Carroll, and there's also over a month left in the transfer window + we've already brought in quality international footballers.

See you later you c***, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

He's right though.

See you later you c***, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

He's right though.

... and like Barton, if he cared about the fans as much as he says he does he would have kept it quiet.

He's done it to engineer a move, and that's the sole reason for it.

All footballers are cunts.

I know, I'm just basing this on one conversation he had with some guy.

@babybeth1892

beth king

@MsiDouglas what you hearing mark?

2 hours ago via Echofon

replies ↓

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@

@babybeth1892 The pitches, injuries etc. No great secret or anything... Just doesn't paint a great picture

2 hours ago

Doesn't seem to be much in it besides what we already know. What are the other local journalists saying?

SunSteveBrenner Steve Brenner

Jose blast has come, I believe, as a reaction to the goings on out here.Camp not the happiest place.Pardew knows he will leave #nufc

Guest Haris Vuckic

He's completely thick. It's evident in his football at times.

He's got it written all over his face tbh

José never struck me as the sharpest tool in the box, like.

I know it's twitter, but he writes Spanish as a 10-year old. Doesn't come across as a smart person at all.

I'm yet to see a "tweet" (*cringe*) by anybody that doesn't come across like it was written by a toddler tbf.

It's a funny one, this. Bloody shame when one of our best players is apparently pig sick during what should be an optimistic period for the club (and he has been for some time, by all accounts). I'm not as cynical as some, obviously, but I don't think this has all sprouted from Jose simply trying to engineer a move - a lot of dodgy shite has happened since we got back into the Premiership, despite the overall positivity of on-pitch performances: Hughton, @St. James' Park, Carroll, Nolan, etc.

I don't think he should have to keep quiet though, if he actually has some legitimate grievances to air. Definitely not. Plenty have applauded Barton for speaking his mind about Ashley/Llambias previously, I don't see what's different here aside from Jose not claiming he's desperate to stay at the club. In fairness to him, he kept off Twitter for long enough after the last reprimand he had.

If, again, they do think he's on too much money already and aren't prepared to offer him a rise to keep him (as he seems to be suggesting), then I'll point out for about the fourth time, for the fourth different player, that they (well, Mike) authorised his initial contract in the first place.

:dontknow:

The only good thing is that we can sign a new left back now.  There's no chance he will just running down his contract and leave for free next season.  We will never see him wearing our black and white shirt anymore.