José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

It wasn't Douglas to be fair.  It was Steve Brenner from the Sun.  Douglas was just relaying the info from him.

Personally, I wouldn't believe any of the shit he (Brenner) spouts.  He's an antagonistic, spurs supporting, cockney cunt, who just happens to be the Sun's NE journo.

My mates had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting him too.  Bellend in real life as well.

Probably utter bollocks....Alan brazil saying on talksport he heard that Ashley is close to just selling up after being fed up with abuse Llambias got at Darlington

Guest BooBoo

It's Talksport so by that alone it is utter bollocks.

Alan Brazil knows nowt about modern football.

He has a point on the lying, it mustn't be great to work under but I completely disagree on the transfer front, we're doing the right thing and have increased the squad's ability. He hasn't half shown himself up a bit though, are big clubs really going to want him after these outbursts? He obviously thinks he's made it but not a single concrete offer has come in for him, which is telling. He's probably found that dejecting and is trying to drum up interest from the 'big' clubs, what else could have been his motives? He's certainly not interested in fixing his relationship with the club. I thought he was a model pro but his attitude has been apalling, instead of getting his head down and continued working to get a move that will get him his international recognition, he's pulling stunts like this, which he knows will cause massive issues for people he supposedly cares about.

Between 7th and 9th.

I think we might tread water if we sign Erdinc and replace Enrique.

Given that we were one kick away from 9th anyway, I don't see why that's not a fair, realistic expectation.

strikes me as being fair that we aim for higher really, given the money we SHOULD have at our disposal to make the squad stronger

I feel for the lad, I really do. To me it seems more like a case of them promising Enrique, and obviously quite a few others, that the money they got from the Carrol sale would be reinvested completely. Enrique follows this up by his refusal to sign another contract until it is demonstarted that they are telling the truth.

Regretably, this is not the case, Newcastle have done a net spend of 0.5M and are looking to shift the crux of the team. He twits his grievances about this and I for one agree completely with him.

Hopefully we will all be proved wrong and we will buy a striker to replace Carrol, a right winger likes of Nzogbia  and a couple of defenders... Here's hoping!!

Well yeah, i think we all agree but he isn't gonner win.  We cant have someone sitting about playing half arsed sulky football for a season.

Need to try and shift him.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc I don't agree with claims that team spirit is lacking, only player who seems unsettled is Enrique. A lot of younger players loving it

Is he still (if he really was) on the payroll?

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc I don't agree with claims that team spirit is lacking, only player who seems unsettled is Enrique. A lot of younger players loving it

He must be, he said something positive about the club.

Guest Antec

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

'Print anything we tell you to and we'll give you the odd exclusive' is the deal I believe

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

'Print anything we tell you to and we'll give you the odd exclusive' is the deal I believe

Aye, personally believe this is the case with Douglas as well.

Guest bimpy474

Blimey the last page consisted of : anything positive said by a journo means he is paid by the club and it cannot surely be true, anything bad about the club is to be believed and the journo has finally found some balls.

Amazing how cynical fat ashley has made us, what a state of affairs he has brought to this club.

Blimey the last page consisted of : anything positive said by a journo means he is paid by the club and it cannot surely be true, anything bad about the club is to be believed and the journo has finally found some balls.

Amazing how cynical fat ashley has made us, what a state of affairs he has brought to this club.

There has been cynicism around for a few years now, the previous owners were hardly whiter than white. But I agree, we are reaching new heights these days.

Worst case scenario, Ashley paying off his debt by making a profit makes it easier for him to sell the club.

Silver lining to every cloud.

Right?

???

Only if he wants to sell it

Worst case scenario, Ashley paying off his debt by making a profit makes it easier for him to sell the club.

Right?

???

Only if he wants to sell it

Can't see why he would want to hold on to it if he can get his money back.

Right?

???

:lol: I find myself clutching at straws as well. Just feels like i'm clutching them with my armpit.

Right?

???

How long is that going to take though..?

Personally think Ashley is here for the long-haul. This club has the potential to be very profitable.