José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Was good defensively but failed to do anything of note offensively.

Looked like he was instructed not to go so far past the half way line. Didn´t screw up once, and was accurate with his passes.

Was good defensively but failed to do anything of note offensively.

Looked like he was instructed not to go so far past the half way line. Didn´t screw up once, and was accurate with his passes.

Sounds like vintage Dalglish O0

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8710184/Liverpool-defender-Jose-Enrique-fears-for-Newcastle-Uniteds-future-and-predicts-Joey-Barton-will-exit-soon.html?

Good articleThe Liverpool defender, José Enrique, fears for the future of his former club Newcastle as the exodus of players from St James’ Park continues with no sign that owner Mike Ashley is prepared to reinvest the funds raised into Alan Pardew’s squad.

Enrique believes Joey Barton will soon join a list of departures that already includes his new Anfield team-mate Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan and the Spaniard himself, who completed his £5.5 million move to Merseyside last Friday.

That such crucial figures in the club’s rise from the Championship and consolidation in the Premier League have been allowed to leave without being replaced is, Enrique believes, a damning indictment of Ashley’s lack of ambition. It has also prompted anxiety among those who remain at what the future might hold.

“Yes I do,” said Enrique, when asked whether he worries about Newcastle’s future. “Not because we have left, because at some clubs good players leave, but because they have not signed another left-back, [and] nothing [in other positions].

“I am not worried for the club, but more for the fans, because they are amazing. They are like here at Liverpool — it is really similar. I have a lot of friends in the dressing room and they are a little bit nervous, because they do not know what the club is going to do.

“The dressing room at Newcastle is fantastic — it is amazing, 10 out of 10 — but of course it is very hard for the players [who are left] when the best players leave. [That the club is not settled] is why everyone is leaving. I think Joey Barton will leave soon, Andy Carroll left in January and it is really, really hard for Alan Pardew.

“You want to be as high as you can in the table but maybe Newcastle do not think the same. Maybe that is why they sell their best players and that is why everyone moves.”

Enrique’s passion for his former side, after four years in the North East, is evident, and his hope that Ashley helps Pardew build the squad the Spaniard feels Newcastle deserve seems genuine; force of habit occasionally even forces him to refer to the St James’ Park side as “we”.

Such an amicable parting of the ways seemed a distant prospect less than a month ago when the former Villarreal player, who had refused to sign an extended contract since January, used his now-defunct Twitter account to question Ashley’s ambitions.

“The club is allowing all the major players to go,” he wrote. “This club will never fight to be among the top six again with this policy. You fans are the best and deserve the best, not what they are doing with the club.”

His regret at that outburst, which earned him a £100,000 fine and a ban from the troublesome social networking site, is equally clear. “The Twitter ban was hard, because I got fined two weeks’ wages,” he said. “Twitter just gives me problems. I won’t tweet again.”

That will be welcomed by his new manager, Kenny Dalglish, an enthusiastic Tweeter himself but alive to the dangers of overzealous use by players, and will no doubt help what has already been a seamless transition to life at Anfield, one slight detour on his way to training aside.

“It’s true I got lost on my way to Melwood,” said Enrique. “My GPS doesn’t work. I had to stop the car [in Liverpool’s Huyton district] and some man said to follow him. I followed him and he brought me to Melwood.”

Little wonder Enrique feels at home in Liverpool. One story, possibly apocryphal, has it that a similar incident occurred after he lost his car keys in a Newcastle pub. “It is a dream to play at a team like Liverpool,” he added. “I have never played for a team like this, so I am really happy.”

“I am not worried for the club, but more for the fans, because they are amazing. They are like here at Liverpool — it is really similar. I have a lot of friends in the dressing room and they are a little bit nervous, because they do not know what the club is going to do.

“The dressing room at Newcastle is fantastic — it is amazing, 10 out of 10 — but of course it is very hard for the players [who are left] when the best players leave."

:undecided:

He probably should just shut up about our club now, though.

Agreed, not sure I like him comparing the Liverpool fans to us after 5 minutes at the place. I know he sort of has to but I don't like it.

He probably should just shut up about our club now, though.

Agreed, not sure I like him comparing the Liverpool fans to us after 5 minutes at the place. I know he sort of has to but I don't like it.

Yep.

It also isn't fair to say that the players have been replaced with no one (in Nolan's case; in Enriques's case it's still wait and see) and to say that he thinks Barton will leave.

I really dislike this trend of players pushing for moves away, then releasing comments to get on the side of the fans they have just abandoned. He wanted a move to Liverpool and he received what he wanted. I don't begrudge him for moving to a better club, but Newcastle no longer concerns him.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Don't see anything wrong

He deserves a voice based on his exploits for the club

I notice how he says it's difficult for Pardew. Hopefully others will see he's not the problem

He should keep his mouth shut in all honesty, if he really cared for us fans that much he wouldn't say things with the intention to unsettle the players that are here. Sure it doesn't really do much for morale amongst our new signings.

He should keep his mouth shut in all honesty, if he really cared for us fans that much he wouldn't say things with the intention to unsettle the players that are here. Sure it doesn't really do much for morale amongst our new signings.

:thup:

Guest Mantis

No problem with what he's said.  I'm sure he could have layed into certain people but he is above them. 

And yes, a pattern is emerging, but he must be greedy as he left, right?

It's almost like there's a pattern emerging.

So that makes it just Kevin Keegan, Bobby Robson, Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Joey Barton, Kevin Nolan, an employment tribunal arbitration panel, every football journalist in christendom, Dave Whelan, Mungo Jerry, The Christians, Alan Shearer, Sam Allardyce, Alan Sugar, Terence Trent D'Arby, Samuel Beckett and now Jose Enrique that have been critical of the current NUFC regime. It's all a conspiracy to make Mike and friends look bad.

No problem with what he's said.  I'm sure he could have layed into certain people but he is above them. 

Nope, Nolan on the other hand.

Guest Mantis

Nope, Nolan on the other hand.

It's the Enrique thread mate.  And Nolan went easy on them aswell.

Wish ex players would shut the f*** up TBH.

No idea why anyone would support a Liverpool player attacking NUFC... this is probably the saddest effect of the Ashley regime, people don't seem to support their own club any more.

We can support the club and at the same time hate the fatty in charge