José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Wish ex players would shut the f*** up TBH.

No idea why anyone would support a Liverpool player attacking NUFC... this is probably the saddest effect of the Ashley regime, people don't seem to support their own club any more.

We can support the club and at the same time hate the fatty in charge

Yeah I know, but it's so extreme at times it seems like people are almost masochistically enjoying their own club being criticised.

I don't think people support the club any less but comments like this are counter productive no matter how many times you say "the fans have the right to know" etc.. We know it's shit but these things won't help us.

Wish ex players would shut the f*** up TBH.

No idea why anyone would support a Liverpool player attacking NUFC... this is probably the saddest effect of the Ashley regime, people don't seem to support their own club any more.

We can support the club and at the same time hate the fatty in charge

Yeah I know, but it's so extreme at times it seems like people are almost sadistically enjoying their own club being criticised.

I doubt anyone enjoys it BUT it just further reinforces the point that Ashley is quite frankly a grade A cunt

Ashley is not my club and never will be Ian.

This is the problem with modern football though isn't it. He effectively is the club. He can do what he wants with it because he owns it and with the amount of money he has put in, he's well within his rights to manage it how he wants.

I'm not agreeing with him or condoning it but with football clubs being bought as rich men's play things at the moment, that's the way it is.

It's almost like there's a pattern emerging.

So that makes it just Kevin Keegan, Bobby Robson, Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Joey Barton, Kevin Nolan, an employment tribunal arbitration panel, every football journalist in christendom, Dave Whelan, Mungo Jerry, The Christians, Alan Shearer, Sam Allardyce, Alan Sugar, Terence Trent D'Arby, Samuel Beckett and now Jose Enrique that have been critical of the current NUFC regime. It's all a conspiracy to make Mike and friends look bad.

they should all just shut up! people don't even know who they support any more with all these confusing comments.

So that makes it just Kevin Keegan, Bobby Robson, Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Joey Barton, Kevin Nolan, an employment tribunal arbitration panel, every football journalist in christendom, Dave Whelan, Mungo Jerry, The Christians, Alan Shearer, Sam Allardyce, Alan Sugar, Terence Trent D'Arby, Samuel Beckett and now Jose Enrique that have been critical of the current NUFC regime. It's all a conspiracy to make Mike and friends look bad.

they should all just shut up! people don't even know who they support any more with all these confusing comments.

Eh... ???

Enrique may well turn out to be right if we don't get a left back and a striker, but if we do where will that leave him? In a Liverpool shirt playing his football for his new Scouse paymasters. He should have kept his trap shut until Aug 31 at least.

Eh... ???

sorry, just taking the piss out of Ian's unhinged comment about people siding with a liverpool player meaning they don't support the club.

He should keep his mouth shut in all honesty, if he really cared for us fans that much he wouldn't say things with the intention to unsettle the players that are here. Sure it doesn't really do much for morale amongst our new signings.

:thup:

Aye, a few words from Jose are likely to make all the difference to their thinking.

They are living and breathing this situation every day. He's saying far less than they will be amongst themselves.

I am happy for players to come out and say what they think.  If they all stayed quiet and just let Llambias continue to sully their names in the media, then Ashley gets a free ride.  Up until this Summer, a lot of fans have given Ashley the benefit of the doubt but now it is becoming obvious that Ashley has no real intent to move the club forwards.  Fans are no longer believing the false promises.

And I don't see how it will unsettle the current players - they are more aware of what is going on than us and will have discussed it between themselves.  Player's motivations for staying or moving on differ.  Ambitious players will be concerned at the lack of ambition the club has where others aware of their limitations might just be happy with stabllity for their families and ignore all the politics.

I have no time for Pardew but I find it reassuring that players like Barton and Enrique are supportive of him and that gives me some hope that maybe he is a better manager than I think he is.

He should keep his mouth shut in all honesty, if he really cared for us fans that much he wouldn't say things with the intention to unsettle the players that are here. Sure it doesn't really do much for morale amongst our new signings.

Aye, a few words from Jose are likely to make all the difference to their thinking.

They are living and breathing this situation every day. He's saying far less than they will be amongst themselves.

Being new signings they have just got here, they don't need a load of negativity in the press before they have even kicked a ball.

It also might not be all the players who are pissed off, those left (bar Barton) seem to be content.

Being new signings they have just got here, they don't need a load of negativity in the press before they have even kicked a ball.

It also might not be all the players who are p*ssed off, those left (bar Barton) seem to be content.

:nods:

It was always going to be a problem when these players on inflated salaries came to the end of their contracts. Normally a club that wants to keep the player offers a pay rise, but in this case that seems to out of the question because of a new pay structure.

So they offer the same amount, and that breeds resentment. That's all that's happened here.

:lol: Yep, simple as that, this one.

Enrique didn't simply move on for a pay rise man ffs, howay. :lol:

Well I'm sure he also saw Liverpool as a club with better prospects, but this resentment he feels, this need to snipe at the Board, stems from the contract he was offered.

We'd like you to stay, but only on the same money is a bit of a mixed message. Underlying that is the suggestion that he's already being paid more than enough, and the club won't offer a penny more.

I don't think the solution is to pay more than a player is worth. Over the last few months, the club seems to have been able to bring in some decent players on lower salaries who don't seem to have a problem with the club's 'ambition'.

Well I'm sure he also saw Liverpool as a club with better prospects, but this resentment he feels, this need to snipe at the Board, stems from the contract he was offered.

We'd like you to stay, but only on the same money is a bit of a mixed message. Underlying that is the suggestion that he's already being paid more than enough, and the club won't offer a penny more.

I don't think the solution is to pay more than a player is worth. Over the last few months, the club seems to have been able to bring in some decent players on lower salaries who don't seem to have a problem with the club's 'ambition'.

I wholeheartedly disagree that the wage offered was the main issue here, but then again I'm one of those that thinks he only started getting itchy feet when Hughton left and Carroll was sold.  I also think there's a possibility he'd have stayed if we'd made moderately ambitious moves in the transfer market this summer after having sold Carroll.  He's 25 years old - the idea of treading water for another 3+ years of his career was the main motivator here and another 5 or 10 grand a week wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.

Think you're totally right. The only way to get Enrique to stay would be to offer him more money. Fair enough you could argue we should have done that but then what's the point in a wage structure at all. The fact is we want to reduce the wage bill, and I'm sure more clubs will soon be doing the same.

This thing about lacking ambition for me is just a euphemism for lack of big spending. Everyone has ambitions of success, even Ashley IMO, he's just not prepared to pay for it out of his own pocket so he's taking the harder route of trying to do it more cheaply.

I just struggle to think of a situation where the signings we would make would be enough to convince Jose to stay. He just wanted a big move, no problem with that but I don't think it's really the club's fault. Jose is a quality player and as such would have realised his market value is now quite high.

I wholeheartedly disagree that the wage offered was the main issue here, but then again I'm one of those that thinks he only started getting itchy feet when Hughton left and Carroll was sold.  I also think there's a possibility he'd have stayed if we'd made moderately ambitious moves in the transfer market this summer after having sold Carroll.  He's 25 years old - the idea of treading water for another 3+ years of his career was the main motivator here and another 5 or 10 grand a week wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.