José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Sell him soon if he wont sign a new contract, cause the board will NEVER let him go for free next summer.

Why not?

I think the comments coming from the club about them being happy for Barton to run down his contract indicate that the issue isn't as cut and dried as this post assumes.

(I say that fully appreciating the two cases are different, but the point still stands...)

I honestly just dont see it happen, too much money involved (Jose)

The whole point of him wanting to move is to get CL football. He wouldn't get that at Liverpool this year and, possibly, for the forseeable future.

If he goes to anyone it'll be Arsenal.

Not sure if Jose has ever said this, just what Pardew and the club keep coming out and saying. Pretty sure he just wants to sign for a club with ambition, looked like he was definitely going to sign a contract before we sold Carroll and he has shown no interest since then.

Can understand why Pardew doesn't come out and say that the lad is desperate to go and sign for a club who have ambition though.

Guest Roger Kint

Sell him soon if he wont sign a new contract, cause the board will NEVER let him go for free next summer.

Why not?

I think the comments coming from the club about them being happy for Barton to run down his contract indicate that the issue isn't as cut and dried as this post assumes.

(I say that fully appreciating the two cases are different, but the point still stands...)

How do you know the club are happy with Barton's situation? He has made no secret of the fact they cant push him out and he will see the ting out so theres sod all NUFC can do otherwise save dumping him in the reserves for a year(paying a fortune in wages for nowt)

Why not?

How do you know the club are happy with Barton's situation? He has made no secret of the fact they cant push him out and he will see the ting out so theres sod all NUFC can do otherwise save dumping him in the reserves for a year(paying a fortune in wages for nowt)

I'm pretty sure Pardew has made a couple of comments along the following lines:

ALAN PARDEW is confident that Joey Barton can play his way back into favour at Newcastle United.

Barton was told in May that he would not be handed a new deal at the end of his current contract.

However, the Scouse midfielder’s approach and attitude has impressed the Toon management.

And the Chronicle understands there is no animosity between Barton and his employers, resulting in a more relaxed stance on his future.

Pardew has hinted in the past that Newcastle may adopt a similar policy to that of Man United who review contracts for more senior players on an annual basis, rather than roll out long-term deals.

Pardew is resigned to losing Jose Enrique, but hopes there can be a happier outcome for Barton.

The Toon boss said said today: “You never know – it can be resolved as we go along.

“If we get a strong year from him on the playing side and his conduct stays the same, then he’s going to have not just us looking to do a contract with him but many others.

“That’s the position we’re in.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/16/door-still-open-for-joey-barton-to-stay-72703-29064888/#ixzz1SdhVr0O1

I honestly just dont see it happen, too much money involved (Jose)

Like I said, I don't think it's as cut and dried as "will NEVER let him go for free."

I totally understand the logic of trying to peddle him now - money towards a replacement we'll need in the summer anyway, a cheaper replacement might mean money saved on wages, resolving the situation so we can move forward.

But there's logic to keeping him too - a year's service at the standard we know he's capable of playing at might mean a few extra million in placing prizemoney, putting off replacing Jose Enrique until next summer and keeping alive the possibility of him staying.

I wouldn't want to put money on either possibility frankly...

So he didnt say the club were happy to let him run his contract down? Cheers  :thup:

The club have withdrew an offer, but Pardew says they may offer one in the future.

If they weren't happy with him running down his contract, they'd renew negotiations. If they didn't want him at the club, they wouldn't talk of the possibility of renewing negotiations. That says pretty clearly to me that they're comfortable (happy, even) with the situation.

Where's the flaw in the logic that prompted the derision?

Guest Antec

If we let him go for free, there'll be no money next year for a decent replacement so I'm sure they'll try to force him out before the window closes which I have to say I agree with

Guest Roger Kint

So he didnt say the club were happy to let him run his contract down? Cheers  :thup:

The club have withdrew an offer, but Pardew says they may offer one in the future.

If they weren't happy with him running down his contract, they'd renew negotiations. If they didn't want him at the club, they wouldn't talk of the possibility of renewing negotiations. That says pretty clearly to me that they're comfortable (happy, even) with the situation.

Where's the flaw in the logic that prompted the derision?

All i meant was Pardew looks like he is making the best out of the situation in his usual much talk/little power way he has, his words are by and large meaningless in any talk of contracts imo.

While Pardew(the manager) will no doubt be happy to have Barton here to use this season there is no indication that is matched where it counts(the club) that was my only point.

people saying the money we get for jose will go towards a replacement.....were they not saying the other week that we already have money put aside for a replacement?

Yes.. Pards said there are funds put aside for a new LB if Jose leaves

Guest Antec

people saying the money we get for jose will go towards a replacement.....were they not saying the other week that we already have money put aside for a replacement?

Yep but that might already have gone on new nets. £5M now for Jose should give us £5M for a replacement, no excuses. Unless we go for a free transfer of course, we all now know how expensive they are

cheers, i know it doesnt mean much but was wondering if i had just made it up :lol:

dont see why we arent just going all out for one now anyway  :no:

Well presumably because we don't want to potentially waste a lot of money in transfer fees and wages on a player who'll end up as a reserve and who is only then going to block the progress of the promising young left back that we've already got.

It's a subliminal message the number and the colour of the shirt.

1997/1998 Premier League winners Arsenal

1998/1999 Premier League Winners Man utd

He's of to one of those.