José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Same as I said about the Barton rumours; can't blame him.

What top player would negotiate a new contract when he could still go down with that club? We'll be fine, and both will sign new deals April/May time I reckon.

Enrique is what 24/25?? and approaching the prime of his career,I'm not being funny but he will be wanting European football and he will know that a lot of top clubs are after him,so I think your assessment that he will sign before the end of the season is very much wrong.

I like Enrique and IMO he was one of the few players to come out with any credit the last time you were in the Premier League and a lot of Champions League clubs will be after him IMO,I think you will find it difficult to keep him.

25 aye. Don't think it'll be European football that will  make him want to move personally it will be International recogniton. Capdevilla is coming to the end of his time and there isn't anyone outstanding to replace him IMO and Jose will rightly want to seek his chance and he will have a better chance of doing that at a bigger club or back in Spain. If, and I hope to fuck he doesn't, he does move I hope its back to Spain. He has a become a real cult hero here (Nobby Solano esque) and it would pain me to see him turn out for another Premiership team.

Guest Wearside

What top player would negotiate a new contract when he could still go down with that club? We'll be fine, and both will sign new deals April/May time I reckon.

Enrique is what 24/25?? and approaching the prime of his career,I'm not being funny but he will be wanting European football and he will know that a lot of top clubs are after him,so I think your assessment that he will sign before the end of the season is very much wrong.

I like Enrique and IMO he was one of the few players to come out with any credit the last time you were in the Premier League and a lot of Champions League clubs will be after him IMO,I think you will find it difficult to keep him.

25 aye. Don't think it'll be European football that will  make him want to move personally it will be International recogniton. Capdevilla is coming to the end of his time and there isn't anyone outstanding to replace him IMO and Jose will rightly want to seek his chance and he will have a better chance of doing that at a bigger club or back in Spain. If, and I hope to f*** he doesn't, he does move I hope its back to Spain. He has a become a real cult hero here (Nobby Solano esque) and it would pain me to see him turn out for another Premiership team.

Rumours in the last few weeks that Evra could be leaving Man Utd in the summer so I'd imagine Fergie would be after someone and Enrique would fit the bill perfectly.Attacking full back,knows the Premier League,young-ish,and relatively cheap I'd imagine.

25 aye. Don't think it'll be European football that will  make him want to move personally it will be International recogniton. Capdevilla is coming to the end of his time and there isn't anyone outstanding to replace him IMO and Jose will rightly want to seek his chance and he will have a better chance of doing that at a bigger club or back in Spain. If, and I hope to f*** he doesn't, he does move I hope its back to Spain. He has a become a real cult hero here (Nobby Solano esque) and it would pain me to see him turn out for another Premiership team.

Rumours in the last few weeks that Evra could be leaving Man Utd in the summer so I'd imagine Fergie would be after someone and Enrique would fit the bill perfectly.Attacking full back,knows the Premier League,young-ish,and relatively cheap I'd imagine.

Not necessarily as there isn't many other alternatives out there and Given aside we've generally done well for incoming fee's. Problem is if we do sell that'll be two LB's we need to sign which will never happen

Guest Wearside

Not necessarily as there isn't many other alternatives out there and Given aside we've generally done well for incoming fee's. Problem is if we do sell that'll be two LB's we need to sign which will never happen

I'm presuming he will have one year left on his contract at the end of the season?

If so and if he is refusing to sign a new contract then I think he'd go for something like 9/10m in the summer and could have his pick of clubs.

Obviously if Ashley goes out and pays big money for a few players in the summer he may be persuaded to stay at Newcastle but like I say he will be wanting European/International recognition soon.

Not signing until we stay up is very reasonable of him. I've always thought of him as 100% dedicated to the club but lately I've just had a feeling that he wants to leave. You might call it pessimism but I think he's off in the summer. Gutted (again).

Not signing until we stay up is very reasonable of him. I've always thought of him as 100% dedicated to the club but lately I've just had a feeling that he wants to leave. You might call it pessimism but I think he's off in the summer. Gutted (again).

Agreed. With Ashley's somewhat spiteful determination to get every penny back ASAP before selling up and Enrique keen for more recognition, odds are he'll be off. Can only wish the lad well.

Agreed. With Ashley's somewhat spiteful determination to get every penny back ASAP before selling up and Enrique keen for more recognition, odds are he'll be off. Can only wish the lad well.

yet everyone non nufc fan i talk to reckons we'd have been mad to say no to 35million and it's a split decision amongst toon fans....also if we sold up the entire squad he'd still be way short.

LukeEdwards0 Luke Edwards

If I was a betting man, Barton will sign new contract, Enrique will not and he will leave #nufc in the summer. Delaying tactics from LB

Must say I fear this a bit.

put yourself in his shoes, pretty easy decision imo

Means nothing really.

It's not like we'll need him if we go down anyway.

:lol: What? It's the likes of him, Jonas and Colo that ensured we came back up at the first attempt. They won't stick around again and we won't come straight back up.

Not that we'll go down, like.

If I was a betting man, Barton will sign new contract, Enrique will not and he will leave #nufc in the summer. Delaying tactics from LB

Not saying it won't be true but Luke Edwards is a big mackem twat.

Dunno if he's mackem really, but he hates Newcastle.

Means nothing really.

It's not like we'll need him if we go down anyway.

:lol: What? It's the likes of him, Jonas and Colo that ensured we came back up at the first attempt. They won't stick around again and we won't come straight back up.

Not that we'll go down, like.

If we're in the Championship, we don't need outstanding performers like him. He was a luxury last season.

And if we're in the Championship, it's a pretty strong indication of what's to come. YoYo clubs don't need good players.

Not saying it won't be true but Luke Edwards is a big mackem t***.

He's from London and supports Leyton Orient.

Not saying it won't be true but Luke Edwards is a big mackem t***.

He's from London and supports Leyton Orient.

I just meant mackem because he hates us really. He's a knob either way.  :snod: