José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest Loven11

JOSE ENRIQUE is expected to be the next big name to commit his future to Newcastle United.

The Spanish left-back has impressed greatly this season United’s return to the Premier League and wants to stay on board at St James’ Park.

Ex-La Liga ace Enrique’s current deal is due to expire in June 2012, and the player has courted interest from Manchester United and Bayern Munich during the January transfer window.

However, like Andy Carroll, Joey Barton, Steven Taylor, Mike Williamson and Nile Ranger, Enrique is keen to stay on Tyneside.

The player stuck with the Magpies after relegation and stated his desire to ensure that Newcastle fought back to win their Premier League place.

And having done that last term, when he was many people’s pick for player of the season, Enrique has followed it up by living up to the reputation that resulted in him being nicknamed “The Bull” in La Liga during his Villarreal years

Enrique has often spoken of his wish to remain at Newcastle.

And he has said this season: “I am very happy here – the future can be very good.

“We don’t look too much at the position in the table – we just need to get the wins we need to keep climbing.

“Once we are safe we will talk about other things.

“But I enjoy being part of this team.

“We often go out for dinner as a team and this shows that everybody is together as one.”

United boss Alan Pardew has always maintained that he wanted to keep his “good ‘uns” rather than take his eye off the ball and focus on bringing new faces in.

And, having secured the signatures of Carroll, Barton and Taylor, tying down Enrique would also be seen as a real coup by Toon punters.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/31/jose-enrique-ready-to-sign-new-nufc-deal-72703-28085041/?#ixzz1CcCjJXsu

I really hope so.

Not so confident of us keeping the likes of Enrique or Tiote after today.

We have proved today if a club wants the player enough and are willing to pay the money, we are happy to sell.

Yep. Don't get used to seeing any of the players registered to Newcastle United whilst this prick is the owner.

We have proved today if a club wants the player enough and are willing to pay the money, we are happy to sell.

No club in English football history has rejected an offer this big.

didnt Liverpool reject Chelsea's £40 Mill offer for Torres a few days ago?

Carroll leaving won't have any impact on Enrique or Tiote leaving. What will have an impact on them leaving is if a team comes in with stupid money and offer them a better wage then we reject it and they request a transfer.

with our wage ceiling it is highly likely that will happen

No club in English football history has rejected an offer this big.

How do you know? Bids for players who are truly not for sale never make the press... unless you think there's never been a single bid from anywhere gone in for Scholes, Giggs, Carragher, Terry etc. No smoke without fire, NUFC have perpetuated this.

The players you list have been at the best two clubs in the country, and I doubt anyone is that fussed about Carragher.

Ronaldo was at the best club in the country, and his Real Madrid move ran in the papers for nearly two years. I don't see your point? You don't think any European clubs ever enquired about Paul Scholes?

If you're told "Not for sale at any price, and if we hear anything in the papers, we'll go straight to FIFA" then that is the end of the matter. We haven't done that. Only club I've ever seen after Paul Scholes was when the thickos down the road thought they could get him.

Guest MrSundlofer

Honestly can't see Enrique signing a new deal now.

Why not?

I can. It's about his life and his contract. He's professional.

The players you list have been at the best two clubs in the country, and I doubt anyone is that fussed about Carragher.

Ronaldo was at the best club in the country, and his Real Madrid move ran in the papers for nearly two years. I don't see your point? You don't think any European clubs ever enquired about Paul Scholes?

If you're told "Not for sale at any price, and if we hear anything in the papers, we'll go straight to FIFA" then that is the end of the matter. We haven't done that. Only club I've ever seen after Paul Scholes was when the thickos down the road thought they could get him.

Mediterranean players will always have an affection for clubs like Real Madrid & Barcelona, so Ronaldo was always going to go there. And Scholes was a Man Utd fan playing for the best team in the land.

The only chance of keeping our best players is if we use the Carroll money to buy in quality players and damn quickly. Otherwise the other blue chip players are going to find the lure of an ambitious club paying big money too big a temptation. If a geordie lad can have his head turned by £££ signs what makes anyone think Enrique or Tiote will turn down the inevitable big money offer when it comes/

It makes no difference whether Enrique signs a new contract or not.  All it means is that they will get a bigger transfer fee for him when they sell him in the Summer.

Infact, I wonder who the media will campaign to move on to a bigger club now: Jose or Tiote?

It makes no difference whether Enrique signs a new contract or not.  All it means is that they will get a bigger transfer fee for him when they sell him in the Summer.

Infact, I wonder who the media will campaign to move on to a bigger club now: Jose or Tiote?

if we get bids of 20mill for tiote and 18mill for jose then they'll be gone.

all players are up for sale all the time and sometimes bids come in that you can't turn down.