José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I can only find a single quote in Marca's site, dunno if they intend to post a transcript or if the audio clip is available.

"Do you think you could play at Barça?"

"Even my dad could play at Barça and look good"

VI,we want the Jose Enrique interview,not Jordi Cruyff's. :pow:

Guest Stephen927

First the article claims he's rated at £8m, then it links Craig Gordon to Man United for £15m. Aye, we can disregard that article completely.

Think it is going to be long Summer.  Interest in Enrique and the Sunday Sun also say Chelsea are interested in Tiote and no doubt the Carroll saga will resume.  This month has been bad enough but the 3 months over the Summer are going to be a nightmare.

I can imagine Jose moving on.  He might be happy here but he has come to England as a career move rather than for Newcastle so if a bigger club comes in for him, I am sure he will be tempted.  Whereas with Carroll, I am sure he will stay if we want to keep him (until wages become an issue).

Aye. Think you're right. If anyone wants to leave then we should do it right at the beginning of the summer so we can try and replace them.

Ideally we'd have somebody lined up and ready to come in before we'd consider letting Jose go. Will save us being more likely of getting ripped off and not actually operated without a natural LB for any period of time.

Liverpool fan on signing Enrique:

1. We buy him from Newcastle for about £10-12 million

2. He plays well and get's noticed because we're a bigger club.

3. He get's a call up from Spain looking to replace the ageing Capdevila.

4. He's selected to play for Spain in Euro 2012.

5. He's 2 years into his 4 year contract, Real and Barca start sniffing around.

6. He tells the club that he wants to return to Spain for some bullshit reason.

7. He joins Real.

JOSE ENRIQUE is expected to be the next big name to commit his future to Newcastle United.

The Spanish left-back has impressed greatly this season United’s return to the Premier League and wants to stay on board at St James’ Park.

Ex-La Liga ace Enrique’s current deal is due to expire in June 2012, and the player has courted interest from Manchester United and Bayern Munich during the January transfer window.

However, like Andy Carroll, Joey Barton, Steven Taylor, Mike Williamson and Nile Ranger, Enrique is keen to stay on Tyneside.

The player stuck with the Magpies after relegation and stated his desire to ensure that Newcastle fought back to win their Premier League place.

And having done that last term, when he was many people’s pick for player of the season, Enrique has followed it up by living up to the reputation that resulted in him being nicknamed “The Bull” in La Liga during his Villarreal years

Enrique has often spoken of his wish to remain at Newcastle.

And he has said this season: “I am very happy here – the future can be very good.

“We don’t look too much at the position in the table – we just need to get the wins we need to keep climbing.

“Once we are safe we will talk about other things.

“But I enjoy being part of this team.

“We often go out for dinner as a team and this shows that everybody is together as one.”

United boss Alan Pardew has always maintained that he wanted to keep his “good ‘uns” rather than take his eye off the ball and focus on bringing new faces in.

And, having secured the signatures of Carroll, Barton and Taylor, tying down Enrique would also be seen as a real coup by Toon punters.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/31/jose-enrique-ready-to-sign-new-nufc-deal-72703-28085041/?#ixzz1CcCjJXsu