José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Class interview with him on nufctv.

"We deserved to lose. When we defend all the game and don't attack, a goal is going to come. I made a mistake for the goal and for that I'm sad."

Asked about the last few days, if it's been hard: "No, not really. Of course Andy Carroll was a big player for us, but I think it'll be good for Newcastle, and good for him. Everyone must understand him, he got a much, much better contract than here."

:dontknow:

Guest TrueToon

I agree he has looked abit un settled recently.But he still goes out and puts in 100% and almost takes things into his own hands sometimes when the attacking side of the team are lacking,He is creative and positive and a solid rock at the back. Bar that Duff error last night,He was superb.

"Everyone must understand him, he got a much, much better contract than here."

Gone then.

Hardly, he's just been asked how he feels about Carroll leaving. He's trying to explain that he can understand why he did it... and that the morale of the team hasn't been affected.

It's pretty annoying how everyone constantly thinks he's leaving. Can we not just enjoy having him play for us?

"Everyone must understand him, he got a much, much better contract than here."

Gone then.

Yup seems to be hinting at something here. Hope we pull out all the stops to get him sign a new contract. With Carroll, I don't think the issue was just the amount asked for but the fact that he just signed a new contract a few months ago and the management rightly (or wrongly to some) did not want to create a precedent where players can renegotiate a new contract so soon after signing a new one. Hopefully the fact that Enrique has not signed a new contract would make the case different coz he is one of the few that I think we should bust our wage cap for.

or Lost in Translation?

What the hell is wrong with some people on this board? He is gone because he said Carroll got a much better contract at Liverpool? Hes stating a very obvious fact. He's not hinting anything there, the facts are there for all to see. We wouldnt get 1/3 of the price we got for Enrique, and he wouldn't get anywhere near Carroll's wages, meaning we wouldnt be half as tempted to sell, and he wouldnt be half as tempted to leave for a big contract. I'm sure he'd happily take £40,000 a week.

"We deserved to lose. When we defend all the game and don't attack, a goal is going to come. I made a mistake for the goal and for that I'm sad."

Asked about the last few days, if it's been hard: "No, not really. Of course Andy Carroll was a big player for us, but I think it'll be good for Newcastle, and good for him. Everyone must understand him, he got a much, much better contract than here."

:dontknow:

Whey, logically, it can help both him and us.

Clearly Jose is looking forward to some cracking signings for the toon in the summer. :smitten:

I think it's very telling that he mentioned that; clearly he knows the full details of Carroll's package at Liverpool and what he was on here. Saying it's understandable that he wanted to leave because he got a far better offer than he could ever get here.

Doesn't mean he's going to leave of course, but it's not a good sign IMO.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He looks proper pissed off in that interview

Telling that he more or less says how do you expect to keep a clean sheet when you defend all game

The bit about Carrolls contract being much improved and Liverpool being a good club is telling as well

Liverpool are in deserate need of a left back

Just saying!

Guest JamesyJazz

Trouble is contracts mean absolutley feck all nowadays in the Premiership,e.g AC's recent 5 year deal.

As much as I love J.E i reckon contract or not he'll be lured away by bigger wages come the summer along with Colo n Tiote and maybe Barton.

Trouble is contracts mean absolutley feck all nowadays in the Premiership,e.g AC's recent 5 year deal.

As much as I love J.E i reckon contract or not he'll be lured away by bigger wages come the summer along with Colo n Tiote and maybe Barton.

can't see anyone offering barton or colo more than they are already on here.

Guest Wearside

Same as I said about the Barton rumours; can't blame him.

What top player would negotiate a new contract when he could still go down with that club? We'll be fine, and both will sign new deals April/May time I reckon.

Enrique is what 24/25?? and approaching the prime of his career,I'm not being funny but he will be wanting European football and he will know that a lot of top clubs are after him,so I think your assessment that he will sign before the end of the season is very much wrong.

I like Enrique and IMO he was one of the few players to come out with any credit the last time you were in the Premier League and a lot of Champions League clubs will be after him IMO,I think you will find it difficult to keep him.