José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

If crazy bids come in then we'll sell, but most clubs would. It's just a demonstration of the fact that success in the PL is now impossible unless you're prepared to spend way beyond your means.

I disagree, Ian.

I think it demonstrates success is impossible if you're not willing to hang on to your gems which didn't cost too much.

If you're (MA) going to follow the Arsenal plan then it has to be to the end. Not dumping the gems when an offer comes in. But we don't know that offers have already been refused on other players.

Ashley has starting to make me sit up and take notice (of his plan) when our cheaper purchases were showing how well they've been scouted and are, in fact, pretty awesome value for money.

The flaw will be if they start to be shipped out. I'm not including AC in that because I think the money was far too much to refuse.

There's some method in his madness.

Yeah I totally agree with all that, I suppose I meant instant, short-term success.

I don't think the general plan is to sell players at all, I just think the Carroll offer was too good to refuse, bearing in mind that he wanted another new contract to stay. And if another similar insane bid comes in we've shown we're prepared to sell players now.

But I agree with Ashley's general transfer and wages policy, it's one of the things he's improved over the previous regime.

Guest Heneage

He cost us a point I love him but he cost us the game.

Rubbish.

How?

He didn't track Duff, gave him a free run on goal, he bossed him all night but for one second he lost concentration and they score. If they'd won by 2 or 3 I'd absolve him but they didn't.

Rubbish.

How?

He didn't track Duff, gave him a free run on goal, he bossed him all night but for one second he lost concentration and they score. If they'd won by 2 or 3 I'd absolve him but they didn't.

They'd have scored eventually anyway. He made a mistake, but it was a 4 second mistake in a 90 minute match.

We lost because of our toothless midfield and our inept attack.

Rubbish.

How?

They'd have scored eventually anyway. He made a mistake, but it was a 4 second mistake in a 90 minute match.

We lost because of our toothless midfield and our inept attack.

What a load of rubbish.

---

Anyway we all know he threw in a bad performance because he's seen too many good ones gets you sold.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

One of his poor performances tonight.

He's not had many so cant give him a hard time but he has cost us  a point tonight.

This and Bolton away I'd say were his worst this season. But he had a good first half imo, went downhill in the second.

Class interview with him on nufctv.

"We deserved to lose. When we defend all the game and don't attack, a goal is going to come. I made a mistake for the goal and for that I'm sad."

Asked about the last few days, if it's been hard: "No, not really. Of course Andy Carroll was a big player for us, but I think it'll be good for Newcastle, and good for him. Everyone must understand him, he got a much, much better contract than here."

"Everyone must understand him, he got a much, much better contract than here."

Gone then.

Yup seems to be hinting at something here. Hope we pull out all the stops to get him sign a new contract. With Carroll, I don't think the issue was just the amount asked for but the fact that he just signed a new contract a few months ago and the management rightly (or wrongly to some) did not want to create a precedent where players can renegotiate a new contract so soon after signing a new one. Hopefully the fact that Enrique has not signed a new contract would make the case different coz he is one of the few that I think we should bust our wage cap for.

"Everyone must understand him, he got a much, much better contract than here."

Gone then.

Yup seems to be hinting at something here. Hope we pull out all the stops to get him sign a new contract. With Carroll, I don't think the issue was just the amount asked for but the fact that he just signed a new contract a few months ago and the management rightly (or wrongly to some) did not want to create a precedent where players can renegotiate a new contract so soon after signing a new one. Hopefully the fact that Enrique has not signed a new contract would make the case different coz he is one of the few that I think we should bust our wage cap for.

or Lost in Translation?