José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest Mantis

The sooner people get used to this s***, the better. We are a selling club and believe what you like coming out of P****w, we are likely to see those we most want to keep, leave. Sadly the £35m  :rolleyes is unlikely to bring in players of the calibre of Tiote and Enrique.

Do you honestly think that if Enrique hadn't had his head turned the club would force him out? Enrique wants to leave, all the club can now do is maximise the amount we get for him, and replace him properly.

Does it not worry you, the amount of players who seem to want to leave Newcastle? Should the club not be doing something like... making them want to stay by showing ambition?

Ambition!

The sooner people get used to this shit, the better. We are a selling club and believe what you like coming out of P****w, we are likely to see those we most want to keep, leave. Sadly the £35m  :rolleyes is unlikely to bring in players of the calibre of Tiote and Enrique.

Do you honestly think that if Enrique hadn't had his head turned the club would force him out? Enrique wants to leave, all the club can now do is maximise the amount we get for him, and replace him properly.

Does it not worry you, the amount of players who seem to want to leave Newcastle? Should the club not be doing something like... making them want to stay by showing ambition?

It does, but it is not surprising. In an ideal world Carroll would have stayed, and Barton and Enrique would have signed new contracts, along with Tiote.

We're a newly promoted club, who seem to be just coming back from the brink of financial catastrophe. In that context, what is showing ambition? I don't think anyone can argue that the club seem to be focused now on cementing top ten finishes over the next couple of years, and I don't think anyone sensibly doubts that we will be in the top 8 spending wise this summer.

The Carroll deal seems to have clouded things, and it is difficult to say if we are showing ambition or not because of that. If it wasn't for that one deal, which was ridiculous money for Carroll, then I'm not sure there is any evidence of the club showing a lack of ambition. Ben Arfa has been signed permanently, Tiote has a 6 year deal. I realise I'm falling into the "see what happens in the summer" camp, but the Carroll situation was unique really, so we do have to see what happens with replacements for Carroll (and perhaps Enrique) to see what sort of club we have to look forward to for the next 5 years.

Guest Flatline

Id leave tottenham/city/liverpool in a flash for spanish/italian fotball! Hot chicks, 20 degrees and far better food! :lol:

Guest Heneage

Is it a better squad if we sell Tiote too? Where does this end, or slow down at least?

As far as I've heard, Tiote hasn't said he wants to leave. So there's no need to get rid.

They all want to leave. That's the justification for selling anyone.

This is a joke right?

The sooner people get used to this shit, the better. We are a selling club and believe what you like coming out of P****w, we are likely to see those we most want to keep, leave. Sadly the £35m  :rolleyes is unlikely to bring in players of the calibre of Tiote and Enrique.

It does, but it is not surprising. In an ideal world Carroll would have stayed, and Barton and Enrique would have signed new contracts, along with Tiote.

We're a newly promoted club, who seem to be just coming back from the brink of financial catastrophe. In that context, what is showing ambition? I don't think anyone can argue that the club seem to be focused now on cementing top ten finishes over the next couple of years, and I don't think anyone sensibly doubts that we will be in the top 8 spending wise this summer.

The Carroll deal seems to have clouded things, and it is difficult to say if we are showing ambition or not because of that. If it wasn't for that one deal, which was ridiculous money for Carroll, then I'm not sure there is any evidence of the club showing a lack of ambition. Ben Arfa has been signed permanently, Tiote has a 6 year deal. I realise I'm falling into the "see what happens in the summer" camp, but the Carroll situation was unique really, so we do have to see what happens with replacements for Carroll (and perhaps Enrique) to see what sort of club we have to look forward to for the next 5 years.

Financial catastrophe? :lol:

Where on Earth do you get such a statement from?

I don't think it was ridiculous money for Carroll, so we'll have to agree to differ on that one.

The sooner people get used to this s***, the better. We are a selling club and believe what you like coming out of P****w, we are likely to see those we most want to keep, leave. Sadly the £35m  :rolleyes is unlikely to bring in players of the calibre of Tiote and Enrique.

I don't think it was ridiculous money for Carroll, so we'll have to agree to differ on that one.

How much would've been ridiculous money for Carroll?

Jose leaving doesn't feel like the worst thing in the world any more, but if we can cheer him up it'd benefit us a lot more than the money. Can't see Liverpool being at all impressed by his 'performance' today.

How much would've been ridiculous money for Carroll?

No amount is high enough to be considered ridiculous money for Carroll coz I'm living in la la loony land!

If we do sell him, we need to go all out and get Emilio Izaguirre off Celtic.

Ideal replacement.

Only seen him play a couple of times but he looks talented.

Guest palnese

karlsentk Tor-Kristian Karlsen

josé enrique to liverpool (£15 million) definitely NOT a done deal (as suggested by phil thompson a few weeks ago)

this chap works for TV2 in Norway by all accounts...

I think he's a scout and a freelance journo.

Some people might say his heart wasn't in it today, but he looked a million miles better than most of our clueless inept squad today. I can guarantee you if any of our best players leave for top clubs it will be Enrique and Tiote at the top of the list and influential dressing room figures will be bottom of the list.

Have ANY of our players looked like they care in the last few months?

Hell fucking fire. Honestly don't know how people can come up with statements like this at times.

Yes, of course they bloody have. We wouldn't still be in the division. Cast your mind back to 08/09, and see the effects of a dressing room that genuinely couldn't give two shits. 'Better' players, too.

Today we finished the game with Kuqi and Ranger upfront. And we're still comfortably ahead of the relegation pack.

Yes, the players care.

Did he really look that disinterested yesterday? I didn't really notice anything.

I think the body language thing is overhyped. But the fact that he hasn't said anything remotely convincing about staying at the club speaks volumes. I thought people were exaggerating earlier on but if he isn't willing to commit at this stage (miles safe), be it in conversation with the supporters or with a pen and the board, i think we can guess he's pretty much out the door. Desperately disappointing.

Did he really look that disinterested yesterday? I didn't really notice anything.

He looked very good to me. If Liverpool weren't interested before they certainly won't have been put off today. In contrast the only way Nolan will get back to his home town club will be if he chauffeurs Enrique there like he did with Carroll.