José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Fantastic today, love how Essien lost his bottle when he went to shoves Jose, it ended up more of a cuddle

:lol:

Not so good when he tried to take on 3 players, lost it and then committed a foul which lead to their second goal. Enrique doing things like that increases our chances of keeping him.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We'll not see a better left-back at this club than Enrique who is f***ing immense defensively and is such a quality footballer with the ball at his feet. I never panic when someone runs at him. Look at today, he had Anelka in his pocket and at one point during the game did a "chop" skill to get the ball away from Anelka and with it away from our own corner area where lesser players would have gave a corner away, kicked it long or out for a throw-in or would have been dispossessed. What did Enrique do when he did the chop and got away? He ran and ran before being edged off the ball some 60 yards away from our own end. I actually agree with Merson, he's one of the best in that position in world football and he's only 23. I don't think he offers quite enough in the very final third but that I think is down to options. I remember many a time during the game Enrique on the ball in the final third and no-one ran past him to be played in while movement in the box was static. Lesser full-backs would have just whipped in any old cross to be eaten up by your Terry but Enrique is clever and either kept possession or switched play rather than blindly swing in a cross. I think he's our only genuine world-class player.

Tiote not world class?

We'll not see a better left-back at this club than Enrique who is f***ing immense defensively and is such a quality footballer with the ball at his feet. I never panic when someone runs at him. Look at today, he had Anelka in his pocket and at one point during the game did a "chop" skill to get the ball away from Anelka and with it away from our own corner area where lesser players would have gave a corner away, kicked it long or out for a throw-in or would have been dispossessed. What did Enrique do when he did the chop and got away? He ran and ran before being edged off the ball some 60 yards away from our own end. I actually agree with Merson, he's one of the best in that position in world football and he's only 23. I don't think he offers quite enough in the very final third but that I think is down to options. I remember many a time during the game Enrique on the ball in the final third and no-one ran past him to be played in while movement in the box was static. Lesser full-backs would have just whipped in any old cross to be eaten up by your Terry but Enrique is clever and either kept possession or switched play rather than blindly swing in a cross. I think he's our only genuine world-class player.

Tiote not world class?

No..

We'll not see a better left-back at this club than Enrique who is fucking immense defensively and is such a quality footballer with the ball at his feet. I never panic when someone runs at him. Look at today, he had Anelka in his pocket and at one point during the game did a "chop" skill to get the ball away from Anelka and with it away from our own corner area where lesser players would have gave a corner away, kicked it long or out for a throw-in or would have been dispossessed. What did Enrique do when he did the chop and got away? He ran and ran before being edged off the ball some 60 yards away from our own end. I actually agree with Merson, he's one of the best in that position in world football and he's only 23. I don't think he offers quite enough in the very final third but that I think is down to options. I remember many a time during the game Enrique on the ball in the final third and no-one ran past him to be played in while movement in the box was static. Lesser full-backs would have just whipped in any old cross to be eaten up by your Terry but Enrique is clever and either kept possession or switched play rather than blindly swing in a cross. I think he's our only genuine world-class player.

which is why unless we get offered daft money I believe we should make him see out his contract. Fuck Kenny Dalglish and the Kop.

Guest Howaythetoon

Tiote not world class?

Not for me he isn't. He's extremely good but he plays ina  position where there are lots of top players. i can't think of many top top left-backs out there.

We'll not see a better left-back at this club than Enrique who is fucking immense defensively and is such a quality footballer with the ball at his feet. I never panic when someone runs at him. Look at today, he had Anelka in his pocket and at one point during the game did a "chop" skill to get the ball away from Anelka and with it away from our own corner area where lesser players would have gave a corner away, kicked it long or out for a throw-in or would have been dispossessed. What did Enrique do when he did the chop and got away? He ran and ran before being edged off the ball some 60 yards away from our own end. I actually agree with Merson, he's one of the best in that position in world football and he's only 23. I don't think he offers quite enough in the very final third but that I think is down to options. I remember many a time during the game Enrique on the ball in the final third and no-one ran past him to be played in while movement in the box was static. Lesser full-backs would have just whipped in any old cross to be eaten up by your Terry but Enrique is clever and either kept possession or switched play rather than blindly swing in a cross. I think he's our only genuine world-class player.

which is why unless we get offered daft money I believe we should make him see out his contract. Fuck Kenny Dalglish and the Kop.

totally agree, another years progress and he might wanna stay. doubt it'll happen though

Beating West Brom won't give Enrique any assurances that he'll get in the Spain side. I think that's the be-all-end-all when it comes to Jose. He's playing brilliant football and knows he deserves a shot at the national side, so it's up to the club to put him on the map where that's concerned. For whatever reason, being in the bottom half of the English league is holding him back. An early, good (and probably expensive) signing would do wonders for the club, as it'll convince one or two that we're serious about our future.

Beating West Brom won't give Enrique any assurances that he'll get in the Spain side. I think that's the be-all-end-all when it comes to Jose. He's playing brilliant football and knows he deserves a shot at the national side, so it's up to the club to put him on the map where that's concerned. For whatever reason, being in the bottom half of the English league is holding him back. An early, good (and probably expensive) signing would do wonders for the club, as it'll convince one or two that we're serious about our future.

By beating West Brom, we'll no longer be in the bottom half of the English league :pow:

hopefully we can keep him, but if he wants to leave for a team challenging for the league and to get international football I won't hold it against him or the club, shit happens to clubs like us all the time and if he doesn't sign a new deal sharpish the club should look to replace him

Ha, touche i guess. All i mean is that we're gonna need more than simply a strong end to the season to convince some of our big hitters to stick around. It's a message to the alleged Ashley mindframe of 'ah, we don't need to buy, these lot are clearly good enough'. :pow:

By beating West Brom, we'll no longer be in the bottom half of the English league :pow:

Depends what Stoke and Bolton do.

When he leaves this summer I really fucking hope it's for a better team and not some sideways step - that would really piss me off.  And preferably out of the league.  I would hate to have him play against us or see him playing week-in/week-out in the same league.

He was really good today, for some reason seemed stronger than usuall. really hope he stays.

It's universally known strength is directly related to the urge to stay. We're fine.

When he leaves this summer I really fucking hope it's for a better team and not some sideways step - that would really piss me off.  And preferably out of the league.  I would hate to have him play against us or see him playing week-in/week-out in the same league.

Agreed. If he goes to a top four club, fair enough. If I see him playing every week for Birmingham, I'll be really disappointed.