José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Reet. You guys who have a lot of spare bedsheets put aside for 'boycoutts' and 'rioyting' should make one to beg Jose stay. You have a week!

The kind of thing that comes back to bite you on the ass if/when he leaves anyway and we look like mugs.

Making a bedsheet with that written on it is the equivalent of telling a girl you love her (and not knowing her response) - risking the guy she actually loves rinsing you... in subsequent seasons... and having sex with her in your house.. and their house... (okay, my extended metaphor has gone awry).

My point is: It's a gamble! ;)

It's very much just, er, like that. :lol:

I'd risk letting him go for nowt and hopefully have a positive season which might make him want to stay anyway.

Ashley wouldn't do that in a million years though.

I'd risk letting him go for nowt and hopefully have a positive season which might make him want to stay anyway.

Ashley wouldn't do that in a million years though.

This.

Respectfully disagree. If he hasn't signed a new contract by, for argument's sake, July 1st then I'd sell him.

I want to keep him and hope that he's offered a contract he wants to sign but IF he's dug his heels in and wants a move then he has to go this summer. Can't lose him for nowt next summer. 

I don't think we should lose him for nothing, but I'd rather lose him for nothing than sell him to Liverpool. I'd keep him for the extra year just to spite them, even if he ultimately ended up there on a free anyway.

If we were offered £5m from Milan and £10m from Liverpool, I'd accept the Milan bid and tell the bin dippers to get knotted. It would be truly horrible to see him playing for Liverpool.

Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Man City even I could accept, but I'd still prefer him to go overseas.

Would you keep and play a bloke who doesn't want to be here though? ???

All very well saying keep him even if he wants away but he's hardly likely to run through walls for us when he knows he's walking away for nothing in a few months time. Shit or bust this summer.

All very well saying keep him even if he wants away but he's hardly likely to run through walls for us when he knows he's walking away for nothing in a few months time. Shit or bust this summer.

He's not going to get into the Spanish squad by playing shite is he? If he does leave on a free he'll probably have far more options anyway, so I don't think he'll be too fussed at staying an extra year.

He's not going to get into the Spanish squad by playing shite is he? If he does leave on a free he'll probably have far more options anyway, so I don't think he'll be too fussed at staying an extra year.

He's not going to get into the Spanish squad regardless of how well he plays for Newcastle. He needs/wants a move if he wants to move his career onto the next level.

Unfortunately the club is a business and it makes very little business sense to keep an asset that doesn't have a long useful life when you could get £10m for it 12 months earlier.

That's about where I see it at the moment.

We get emails all the time on the web-site from readers, and we received one yesterday from a supposed Jose Enrique – and yes most of them are just fakes -  we know that.

I checked out the IP address and other things you can check out on-line, and it’s consistent – but still probably a prank.

Anyway the email asked why I was writing that he was leaving Newcastle, and he said he loved Newcastle and didn’t want to leave, but he also wanted the club to invest this summer and buy some top players.

Take it all with a pinch of salt – we did – although we do know Jose is a regular reader of this web-site.

We live in hope.

:mackems:

I agree with, Dave.

It's all down to the risk of getting something for him now or nowt next summer, and in all honesty, "whatever we get for him" is worse off than nowt unless they are spent on someone equal Joes's abilities.

Guest axel

elgalgojonas jonas gutierrez

Buenos dias, en londres con jose enrique. Good morning, in london with jose enrique.

Signing for West Ham???  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

elgalgojonas jonas gutierrez

Buenos dias, en londres con jose enrique. Good morning, in london with jose enrique.

Signing for West Ham???  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

heard a rumour last night that ashley had paid for them all to go out for the night

Jose Enrique "calm" about future with NUFC

By Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

May 16 2011

JOSE ENRIQUE has hit back at Phil Thompson's claims that a move to Liverpool was a "done deal."

The Spaniard's mood in the last two weeks appears to have lightened somewhat but he is still yet to nail his colours to the mast with Newcastle United.

Enrique has kept tight-lipped on his plans and when asked by the Spanish Press about his future he suggested that no talks have yet unfolded.

"Liverpool is a big club but I am not negotiating with them at the moment, I am calm at Newcastle," he told Radio Marca.

"My dream is to play for the Spain national side and I think that I have a chance.

"I have improved as a footballer since my arrival to England.

"The Premier League is more competitive than La Liga and I have not received offers to return to Spain.

"The referees in England are not so strict on the field because they permit more action."

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/16/enrique-calm-about-future-with-nufc-72703-28702567/#ixzz1MWTMKU7T