José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

It's amazing how papers don't pick this sort of thing up. Apart from a few one-liners here and there among articles containing speculative bollocks like "Oba on his way out" and "Baines on his way in", there's been fuck all about this transfer despite us all knowing about it on Friday night from the most reputable of sources.

You'd think at least one paper would want an exclusive on a notable transfer but they're genuinely too busy just making stuff up to notice what's actually happening.

The Sunday Express, The People and Sunday Sun all reported we had agreed a fee. Obviously well after it broke on here but they did pick up on it.

It's amazing how papers don't pick this sort of thing up. Apart from a few one-liners here and there among articles containing speculative bollocks like "Oba on his way out" and "Baines on his way in", there's been fuck all about this transfer despite us all knowing about it on Friday night from the most reputable of sources.

You'd think at least one paper would want an exclusive on a notable transfer but they're genuinely too busy just making stuff up to notice what's actually happening.

To be fair it happened at a difficult time for the papers. Most had already gone to print by the time people realised a fee had been agreed on Friday night and then by the sunday papers it was old news

Added Allardyce: "For me it's been an excellent week. We've signed three players on - the last one will be finished off tomorrow.

"Jose Enrique I think will join us by tomorrow morning or afternoon by putting pen to paper. And with Claudio (Cacapa) and Alan (Smith) before him, we have added a lot of quality and potential."

Lets hope this is a done deal by tomorrow, sound like were almost there.

Lets hope he's as good as his former fans say he is, really its all were going off, were all giddy from their disappointment, its quite a funny situation.

Wullie, I was just about to write the same thing, the secrecy surrounding this transfer has been really strange. This transfer together with journalists being clueless (i.e. stories ranging from signing Ronaldinho one week to being broke the next), Thompson House being left out the loop, secrecy of the takeover just sounds like "classic Ashley". By this I mean that in all the info I've read about him, the one thing that stands out is how secretive he is and it now appears to have been transferred to the Toon as well.

This change of culture could be more significant to the club than anything else to happen this summer. The stuff that has been leaked in the past has been ridiculous and has only served to undermine the club as a whole.

One thing to bear in mind which has already been mentioned elsewhere is that a strategy of no/little information (which I'm in favour of) could seriously come back and bite us if we go through a bad patch as the press will be waiting to have a go. The media are being made to look like clowns at the moment as they have not got a clue about what is happening and they’ll not be happy about it. I don’t think Ashely himself will be too bothered what the press say but it’s important that the fans do not get taken in by what they read when the going gets rough.

One thing that would completely put a spanner in the works though is if Martins is sold as then the fans really would not know who to believe.

Added Allardyce: "For me it's been an excellent week. We've signed three players on - the last one will be finished off tomorrow.

"Jose Enrique I think will join us by tomorrow morning or afternoon by putting pen to paper. And with Claudio (Cacapa) and Alan (Smith) before him, we have added a lot of quality and potential."

some of our fans were moaning a bit too soon then.

Now theres a shock!

If I hear SUPERTOON proclaim judgement day because a player is a few hours late in signing again....  :knuppel2:

Now theres a shock!

If I hear SUPERTOON proclaim judgement day because a player is a few hours late in signing again....  :knuppel2:

I wont haha btw was that a threat????

Now theres a shock!

Now theres a shock!

I wont haha btw was that a threat????

;D

Guest Toon83

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/75972497.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19328A71BF6FE301F7D12CBE1421BC4A0F7

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/75971899.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19328A71BF6FE301F7D6DE68EFCF9BEF6D0

Enrique was at the ground today (from getty)

It's amazing how papers don't pick this sort of thing up. Apart from a few one-liners here and there among articles containing speculative bollocks like "Oba on his way out" and "Baines on his way in", there's been f*** all about this transfer despite us all knowing about it on Friday night from the most reputable of sources.

Far far far too much credit is given to the British media (maybe not on here) who are not in the least bit interested in reporting truth.

Don't be too surprised wullie

Guest Toon83

He's going on the back of my shirt. Regardless how little I know about him  :frantic:

Enrique

sounds and looks good to me, at last we have a recognised left back other than the hapless Babayaro!

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/75971899.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19328A71BF6FE301F7D6DE68EFCF9BEF6D0

Oh yeah she's smoking hot :smitten:

He looks like his real home is in the sexy footballers thread.

Guest Milburnthedog

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Happyeater/DSC01138.jpg

Enrique is in the brown t shirt ( a little hidden)