José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Aye, that's the fella.

Doesn't own City, or even have a place on the board, btw. :lol:

Did anybody say that he did own Man City or have a place on the board?

Aye, that's the fella.

Doesn't own City, or even have a place on the board, btw. :lol:

Did anybody say that he did own Man City or have a place on the board?

The article that was posted does. :lol:

He's basically an Arab conman, who laughably tried to portray himself as the City owner, and spouted some crap about buying us or Arsenal. Wise up.

I agree with most of that except that I don't think Jose will be looking for top 4 if he goes, we'll see.

You've said this more than once and I'm assuming it's a gut feeling, but just in case: is that based on anything in particular?

Personally, I'm convinced he's off, but not to any old club. He'll be going to a Top 4 club, or at least a club "big" enough to attract the attention of del Bosque.

I'm remembering VI's remark that if you're Spanish and you don't play for a "big" club, then you don't exist as far as the Spanish selectors are concerned.

NB "Big" club = history/ reputation (Eg Liverpool) or ridiculous cash (eg Man City or Malaga)

Guest neesy111

What's he expecting from us this summer then? It's pretty obvious we're going to sign 2 or 3 good players this summer. Unless he's expecting wholesale changes and half a team replaced?

It would appear that he's not expecting too much good to happen.  It was obvious that we were going to sign players in January, look what happened.

We were never going to sign players in January, Hughton had already said he wasn't going in the market and Pardew said he would ask for money for players.  Nothing in all of that to say we WERE going to sign players.

neesy111 - Rookie mistake using the phrase "Pardew said" he talks so much s*** it v.easy to find him saying the opposite viewpoint

Pards

“I have the backing of the board, and I want to put that into place in terms of taking the club forward. We’ve secured (Steven) Taylor this week, which was very important, and there’s a no sale on Andy Carroll, which is probably the biggest and best news we’re going to have during the window. But hopefully we can add one or two as well.”

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/8760751.print/

I guess he was correct as we got  Ireland & Kuqi in. Shame about Carroll though.

Pards

“I’m not saying it’s the end of the world if we don’t sign anyone, but I do feel the need to bring in a player or two as soon as we can, absolutely."

Also:

He explained:

“One of the problems I’ve had is I’ve not been here long so there is no strategy in place for taking phone calls. Most are coming through to me when they could be going to the chief scout or the chief executive."

“We are all aware now that deals are done above managers and we come in at the last minute. Thankfully that doesn’t happen here, but at other clubs it does.”

Donna on reception @Sports Direct Stadium was confused who to put players agents though to. No deals done above Pards head like other clubs but if the calls could go to chief scout or the chief executive first that would be sweet.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2011/01/21/pardew-s-thoughts-turn-to-stephen-ireland-61634-28027158/2/

More from Al on January window

"We are still just looking at making offers and making calls," he told nufc.co.uk from Faro.

"There will be some activity in the last few days of the window and I hope we will be part of that."As much as we want a player - and we actually want two with Wayne (Routledge) going - it has to be right. We will not rush into anything."

"That is the most important thing, and we are still looking at our squad as well."Andy (Carroll) hopefully won't be too long, and Cheick (Tiote) will be coming back soon so that will give us a big boost."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110126/pardew-we-want-to-be-part-of-the-activity_2281670_2276703

Wish these wankers would hurry up and sell him.

Shut the fuck up man.

Why? Surely the sooner he's gone, the better?

Not really, no, especially when there's still a chance he could stay. You'd also be the first to complain if we sold him tomorrow for a low-ish fee.

Still a helluva lot to be done but if we can wrap up Cabaye and Gameiro (or similar) would that be showing him enough ambition?

Never not until we've spent every penny of that 35M!

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

A few early signings would be great to try to push Enrique's resolve. Going the right way about it.