José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I think Ashleys changed his view on the club a number of times:

I) Bought as a rich man's playthings. Intended to compete and spend.

II) Fed up with fans revolt, club for sale.

III) Take club off Market and gamble on a quick return to Premier League.

IV) Premier League status restored, make club attractive to buyers by running costs down, selling assets and making investment only on a minimal level.

Aye.

IV) Premier League status restored, make club attractive to buyers by running costs down, selling assets and making investment only on a minimal level.

Thats how im reading it yep

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I can understand his frustration, but if he's that unhappy, just hoy in a fucking transfer request and leave.

Stop fucking about, for fuck's sake.

:thup:

No need to unsettle the new players, and give the papers something to talk about in the mean time.

Even if our summer spending has been underwhelming, the change in the team has been nowhere near bad enough to justify a player leaving because of it. Certainly a player who was happy or happy-ish before would non way be swayed into leaving. What did Jose expect, us to sign Fabregas and Lukaku?

He was already on the way out, wish he could have done it with a bit of professionalism.

Knew you'd be here defending them Ian  :lol:.

£4m net spend not been underwhelming then?

Right, you would much rather this board was just a one-way discussion with everyone agreeing with eachother.

Nothing has changed man, Enrique was always on the way out.

The fact he claims the club's management have lied to us about his contract situation doesn't mean anything to you then?

Aye.

Agree with that except IV, I think he's pushing costs down because he doesn't want to subsidise us out of his own pocket... I don't think it's primarily about selling. Selling assets doesn't make a club more attractive to buyers anyway really, it just makes it worth less.

H

He's trying to tell you (us fans) something because he respects us and genuinely thinks we deserve better. Maybe you should listen and let it sink in for a second?

Bang on, "other people" have tried to warn the fans what was going on in the past and the blinkered brigade couldn't see that either.

Who deep down really didn't know they are liars?  Some People on here might defend ashley and co but fans love the club and some will defend it whatever, I don't need some player looking to leave reminding me

I can understand his frustration, but if he's that unhappy, just hoy in a fucking transfer request and leave.

No need to unsettle the new players, and give the papers something to talk about in the mean time.

Must be something in particular that's prompted this outburst like, whether it's a bid coming in, tapping up, an injury or whatever.

Lets hope we have number V soon then and we can be rid of this clown and hopefully have someone with a true vision for this great club.

Probably not TBH.

If i was in Enrique's place, i'd hand in a transfer request and leave should the opportunity come. I'd then tell my story after i left and probably blow the whole thing wide open from the outside.

If i couldn't get a move i'd leave on a free when my contract ran out and then have a whinge.

I must say, I find it difficult to believe you'd spend an extra year working for employers you neither liked or trusted - if you had the choice to go elsewhere sooner.

I don't think you're thinking of Jose Enrique as a real person. I know he's a Newcastle United superstar - but also a human* and he probably just spent six fairly miserable months of his life (and not an insignificant amount of his career) working for an employer that sacked a line manager he got on well with (Hughton) with no real reason and then had some of the promising talents of the team sold off with no massive push for improving the squad.

To expect him to wait patiently for another twelve months ... well, I don't blame him.

And from a "being a man" viewpoint, there's an old saying "you should never be afraid to do the right thing" - which, in this case, is fight the power and speak your mind.

* - not to paint him as some underprivileged malnourished orphan or owt :laugh:

Even if our summer spending has been underwhelming, the change in the team has been nowhere near bad enough to justify a player leaving because of it. Certainly a player who was happy or happy-ish before would non way be swayed into leaving. What did Jose expect, us to sign Fabregas and Lukaku?

He was already on the way out, wish he could have done it with a bit of professionalism.

Knew you'd be here defending them Ian  :lol:.

£4m net spend not been underwhelming then?

Right, you would much rather this board was just a one-way discussion with everyone agreeing with eachother.

Nothing has changed man, Enrique was always on the way out.

Nothing has changed apart from somebody else within football calling our board liars.

Hmmm.

Must be something in particular that's prompted this outburst like, whether it's a bid coming in, tapping up, an injury or whatever.

Aye, it was always coming, just needed a trigger.

My theory...

the club are holding out until the very end of the window to sell him and he's frustrated by it and of course we won't replace him.

All a bit fucking depressing.

That's my main conclusion TBH. To see a professional footballer tweet something like that, then another one pipe up to agree with him, is pathetic and embarrassing IMO. Just proves that most of them are immature and don't think before they act.

I love Jose as a player and I want him to stay, but I wish people wouldn't throw their toys out of the pram in public like this.

Football has changed tremendously the last few years. Money spunked into the game since Ashley took over the club has increased by insane amounts. And the failure of the stockmarket surely didn't help Ashley financially.

He has bankrolled the club through rough times. And I bet he realized it isn't as easy to make a team challange for the majors as he first thought. He is beeing held responsible for his promises by the fans and we are not forgetting what he said.

He tried to recoup his money because Ashley was more of a swear word in the city of Newcastle and people couldn't despise him. He didn't get it sold. And pretty much it seems like his goals with the club has changed dramatically. First off the wage budget has to be sliced down to something the club can support itself. And secondly, he club has to be ran w/o his money. I really bet owning the club has been no fun whatsoever for him over the years. I bet he saw himself as some kind of hero up here when he bought it. Wouldn't you like it too if you had far too much money and didn't know what to do with it?

Things doesn't allways go as you'd like in life, and he saw the bitter side in this deal. Instead of paying for our fun I think he rather saw himself of someone who spent that extra bit of cash from his own pocket to be the hero who landed the big names in football. He just shot himself in the foot a couple times too many. Was shot down financially in terms of bankrolling and extra unneccity. Allthough I do think he sees profit in the club in a couple of years.

Atleast something his kids can live of when his time is due. And he wants to fix the club to something sustainable, something that will last. Tottenham model in terms of how a football club is ran I think is something Ashley is looking for. Generally low wages for players they got, young players with good resale value able to make the club take its own turns. Where he can spunk that little extra needed to make that big star come here, and Ashley himself be the hero who made it happend.

Ashley might be rich, but he ain't a bottomless pit. He has to be aware it's not long ago he was really far down in terms of owning buisnesses as they do have to have backups in bad times.

Probably not TBH.

If i was in Enrique's place, i'd hand in a transfer request and leave should the opportunity come. I'd then tell my story after i left and probably blow the whole thing wide open from the outside.

If i couldn't get a move i'd leave on a free when my contract ran out and then have a whinge.

I must say, I find it difficult to believe you'd spend an extra year working for employers you neither liked or trusted - if you had the choice to go elsewhere sooner.

I don't think you're thinking of Jose Enrique as a real person. I know he's a Newcastle United superstar - but also a human* and he probably just spent six fairly miserable months of his life (and not an insignificant amount of his career) working for an employer that sacked a line manager he got on well with (Hughton) with no real reason and then had some of the promising talents of the team sold off with no massive push for improving the squad.

To expect him to wait patiently for another twelve months ... well, I don't blame him.

And from a "being a man" viewpoint, there's an old saying "you should never be afraid to do the right thing" - which, in this case, is fight the power and speak your mind.

When I've been unhappy I've kept my head down, looked for a new job, handed in my notice and done things properly. I'd expect a PROFESSIONAL football to hand in a request quietly, seek a new opportunity and do things correctly.

All a bit fucking depressing.

That's my main conclusion TBH. To see a professional footballer tweet something like that, then another one pipe up to agree with him, is pathetic and embarrassing IMO. Just proves that most of them are immature and don't think before they act.

I love Jose as a player and I want him to stay, but I wish people wouldn't throw their toys out of the pram in public like this.

Hardly.

How is that throwing his toys out the pram?! It's not exactly a Balotelli-style tantrum. It's putting his view across to the public during pre-season, not before an FA Cup bloomin' semi-final! Bloody hell, man.

If it's ambition and European football he wants, why doesn't he consider the likes of Sevilla, Valencia or Villarreal? Guessing the fact they'd not offer him the wages he's on is a factor like

Are you even reading what he's tweeted? :laugh:

Course I am, I know the board are liars but when he wants to leave there's no need whatsoever for this to be made public. Even with all the lying, off the pitch, we're still going about making tidy signings and the making of a decent side. Just don't see what he was expecting from this other than being put on the transfer list, which to be honest, isn't surprising.

He's trying to tell you (us fans) something because he respects us and genuinely thinks we deserve better. Maybe you should listen and let it sink in for a second?

there's nothing that he's said tonight that (us fans) didn't already know.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Probably not TBH.

Good points as well, to be honest. Fair to say the reason his performances dropped is probably linked to him being fed up/low morale (same as any normal worker). However, the last thing you'd do in a job is start to upset others who might be happy there and enjoy their work - seems a bit unfair on them.

Probably not TBH.

When I've been unhappy I've kept my head down, looked for a new job, handed in my notice and done things properly. I'd expect a PROFESSIONAL football to hand in a request quietly, seek a new opportunity and do things correctly.

Have your employers spoke to your friends and told them you're unwilling to renew your contract and not let you set the record straight with them too, then?

Think we're making a mistake if we let every bit of bad news be some sort of ultimate proof of the evil of Mike Ashley, or even to always discuss things in those terms.

These things happen all the time in football, a player gets too big for his current club and moves on.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Maybe Jose has found out that we will not be buying any more players in this window and Barton will be allowed to leave.

Guest Wally_McFool

I) Bought as a rich man's playthings. Intended to compete and spend quickly sell it to some Arabs for a vast profit.