José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110724/defender-dummett-heading-stateside_2281670_2400752

I wasn't expecting it at all, I'd got a knock in the first game in Holland, missed the second game and was looking forward to playing in the third and final game - but now I'm going to America.

:lol:

Whats' funny?

Just amused me because IMO it's clearly linked to all this about Enrique in some way. The player himself sounds a bit baffled and it's not like he's even been free from injury himself.

I don't one club who would have rejected Carroll's bid in our position, or would have matched the Nolan offer West Ham gave him (hence why he dropped a division). The fans know it's going to be a few years before we're back in the top 6, so why the f*** does he say this? If he wants to go to a top 6 club fair enough, but no need whatsoever to make that public when we're going about things pretty nicely.

This.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110724/defender-dummett-heading-stateside_2281670_2400752

I wasn't expecting it at all, I'd got a knock in the first game in Holland, missed the second game and was looking forward to playing in the third and final game - but now I'm going to America.

Whats' funny?

Just amused me because IMO it's clearly linked to all this about Enrique in some way. The player himself sounds a bit baffled and it's not like he's even been free from injury himself.

Yep, nothing to do with having four fit defenders in our first-team (USA) pool.

Whats' funny?

Aye, clearly because of Enrique and not that we have just four fit defenders in America.

Alot of people thought there may be a collapse in team spirit after losing Nolan, is this the start of it?

Or just Enrique speaking out for himself?

The fact that Routledge backed him up so quickly suggests the former.

Nothing to do with the fact the club are trying to sell Routledge....

Alot of people thought there may be a collapse in team spirit after losing Nolan, is this the start of it?

The fact that Routledge backed him up so quickly suggests the former.

As mentioned before, it's not like he doesn't have a reason to be bitter is it? (Routledge).

Enrique for himself in this case I think

I know the daughter of one the club's scouts.

He says the atmosphere under Hughton had been the best since Bobby, bar none.  It was superb working at the club, everyone was happy and everyone got along.

The loss of Hughton - not actually Pardew especially, but the loss of Hughton - he claims devastated that atmosphere, so much so that after about 10 years working for the club he's going to join Hughton at Birmingham if officially approached.

He says the atmosphere is ruined, and the players aren't happy.

I just wish players would keep this shit in house. Barton, Jose...they must think we're the only non top 6 club who sells if a big offer comes in. Bet they weren't whinging last year when they were picking up £5m between them in the Championship.

i HAVE to disagree with you on this. rather than them thinking we're the only non top 6 club who sells if a big offer comes in, do you think it's possible that they can see the people running the club for what they are? lying cheapskates. we do absolutely everything on the cheap now and the list of excuses including bore holes and tarmac is just a farce. they'll continue to do everything on the cheap until the day ashley leaves.

this summer was the chance for the change in emphasis, it's not going to happen. this financial stuff will not go away, they'll just spin it and spin it and spin it.

interesting that enrique mentions it not being the fault of carroll or nolan that they left.

Whats' funny?

Aye, clearly because of Enrique and not that we have just four fit defenders in America.

I mean I think Enrique is probably now injured too - Ryder was saying he was told the intention was to play him for just 20mins last night - and that's what has prompted this outburst. We've not invested in the squad. All just speculation of course, not saying it's definitely the truth. :thup:

He says the atmosphere under Hughton had been the best since Bobby, bar none.  It was superb working at the club, everyone was happy and everyone got along.

The loss of Hughton - not actually Pardew especially, but the loss of Hughton - he claims devastated that atmosphere, so much so that after about 10 years working for the club he's going to join Hughton at Birmingham if officially approached.

I think this will cause us to struggle this year. Genuinely.

It's of no shock that a player who is not wanted by the club would agree. Routledge is bound to jump on the bandwagon.

The problem is how long before Colo and Tiote follow suit.

After re-reading his first line I wouldn't be surprised if the club are touting Tiote etc around.

They were blatantly doing that to Carroll in January and perhaps MA views this as the means to get his loan back.

Certainly wouldn't surprise me.

They were basically doing that anyway with all the statements along the lines of "oh i hope no one comes in for tiote, we'll have a hard time keeping him if they do." and all that nonsense.

Pardews next interview on this will be interesting if someone picks him up directly on Enriques claim about wages which they should.

It's really alarming how so many of our players are disillusioned with things yet people keep defending the hierarchy. If it was one player I wouldn't worry about it but it's Barton, Routledge, Enrique and of course Nolan before he left. It's worrying. I'm concerned what team morale is really like at the moment as well.

If it's ambition and European football he wants, why doesn't he consider the likes of Sevilla, Valencia or Villarreal? Guessing the fact they'd not offer him the wages he's on is a factor like

Are you even reading what he's tweeted? :laugh:

I am a bit amused by the over reaction. I mean, I am surprised that a few one here still believe he would stay before the outburst. I know he must be leaving so the outburst is kinda expected, just why do it on twitter? Is it that hard to just submit a request internally?

Have to say, I could believe that.

I just wish players would keep this shit in house. Barton, Jose...they must think we're the only non top 6 club who sells if a big offer comes in. Bet they weren't whinging last year when they were picking up £5m between them in the Championship.

i HAVE to disagree with you on this. rather than them thinking we're the only non top 6 club who sells if a big offer comes in, do you think it's possible that they can see the people running the club for what they are? lying cheapskates. we do absolutely everything on the cheap now and the list of excuses including bore holes and tarmac is just a farce. they'll continue to do everything on the cheap until the day ashley leaves.

this summer was the chance for the change in emphasis, it's not going to happen. this financial stuff will not go away, they'll just spin it and spin it and spin it.

interesting that enrique mentions it not being the fault of carroll or nolan that they left.

:thup: