José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Alot of people thought there may be a collapse in team spirit after losing Nolan, is this the start of it?

Or just Enrique speaking out for himself?

Enrique for himself in this case I think

I know the daughter of one the club's scouts.

He says the atmosphere under Hughton had been the best since Bobby, bar none.  It was superb working at the club, everyone was happy and everyone got along.

The loss of Hughton - not actually Pardew especially, but the loss of Hughton - he claims devastated that atmosphere, so much so that after about 10 years working for the club he's going to join Hughton at Birmingham if officially approached.

He says the atmosphere is ruined, and the players aren't happy.

I think this will cause us to struggle this year. Genuinely.

I wouldn't go that far like, but our history with injuries isn't exactly the best... :undecided:

Alot of people thought there may be a collapse in team spirit after losing Nolan, is this the start of it?

He says the atmosphere under Hughton had been the best since Bobby, bar none.  It was superb working at the club, everyone was happy and everyone got along.

The loss of Hughton - not actually Pardew especially, but the loss of Hughton - he claims devastated that atmosphere, so much so that after about 10 years working for the club he's going to join Hughton at Birmingham if officially approached.

I wouldn't go that far like, but our history with injuries isn't exactly the best... :undecided:

My gut feel is that the going could get tough for the club this year.

We've signed players with very patchy injury records (obv. Cabaye aside) and we've got a very small squad.

Add to that morale potentially being down, Pardew's chat getting found out within the next few months and the fact we're looking to play a new system means I think all the talk of top ten is hugely ambitious.

Not wanting to piss on anyone's parade or anything.

I just wish players would keep this s*** in house. Barton, Jose...they must think we're the only non top 6 club who sells if a big offer comes in. Bet they weren't whinging last year when they were picking up £5m between them in the Championship.

I think the players do make an effort to keep things inhouse.  There have been many arguments between the players and Ashley/Llambias and most stuff stays in house.  Nolan always said this was important to give the club an appearance of stability.  The trouble is this helps the hierarchy because it is the players who get accused of a lack of loyalty or being greedy when they decide to move on.

The sale of Carroll was the breaking point because I believe he did not want to leave and the other players knew that as well.

When you have players like Given, Nolan and Jose who have been very happy at the club wanting to leave because they are not happy with what's going on, then they can't all be wrong.  The circumstances may differ but we only ever hear one side of the story.

Excellent post. Far more articulate than my posts on the same subject and exactly what I was thinking.

Since when did Nolan want to go because he wasn't happy?  Nolan left because we wouldn't offer him the contract he wanted, a contract that we'd have been utter morons to offer.

Has he ever said that?

Do you believe anything PR-dew says?

Yes, he (Nolan) said he wanted a longer contract than we would offer.

Don't recall seeing the quotes, can you re-post?

cheers.

Anything Nolan's said will be in his thread, 245 pages so I'm not going to search through sorry.

Anyway I'm pretty sure the £60k a week 5 year contract had plenty to do with him going to West Ham..

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We've signed players with very patchy injury records (obv. Cabaye aside) and we've got a very small squad.

Add to that morale potentially being down, Pardew's chat getting found out within the next few months and the fact we're looking to play a new system means I think all the talk of top ten is hugely ambitious.

We'll probably just end up slumping to 16th or something.

If morale was hit so badly and will cause us problems this season why did we continue the season in the same way we started it? We almost finished 9th barring a last gasp equaliser. If it was such a blow wouldn't we have badly fallen away as soon as he left or even when Carroll was sold?

We'll probably just end up slumping to 16th or something.

It's fortunate the teams that have come up will all struggle but I'm not saying we're going down or anything as drastic more I think the top ten finish many seem to be taking for granted is very ambitious.

It's really alarming how so many of our players are disillusioned with things yet people keep defending the hierarchy. If it was one player I wouldn't worry about it but it's Barton, Routledge, Enrique and of course Nolan before he left. It's worrying. I'm concerned what team morale is really like at the moment as well.

Well we're basically reshaping the side, its not in many of their interests neccessarily. Barton doesnt want to be replaced, he wants a longer contract with more money. Same with Nolan. Theyre obviously biased against lots of this, even if the players we're bringing in may improve our side.

Enriques the first one who basically would have easily held his position still. He obviously isnt happy that Ashley hasnt spent Carrolls money in transfer fees & that hes looking to balance the books of his business rather than properly invest in our future success. Enrique is seeing this as a lack of ambition as many on here have. But our dealings this season may still have improved us as a side.

If morale was hit so badly and will cause us problems this season why did we continue the season in the same way we started it? We almost finished 9th barring a last gasp equaliser. If it was such a blow wouldn't we have badly fallen away as soon as he left or even when Carroll was sold?

On the promise of re-investment?

I just wish players would keep this s*** in house. Barton, Jose...they must think we're the only non top 6 club who sells if a big offer comes in. Bet they weren't whinging last year when they were picking up £5m between them in the Championship.

i HAVE to disagree with you on this. rather than them thinking we're the only non top 6 club who sells if a big offer comes in, do you think it's possible that they can see the people running the club for what they are? lying cheapskates. we do absolutely everything on the cheap now and the list of excuses including bore holes and tarmac is just a farce. they'll continue to do everything on the cheap until the day ashley leaves.

this summer was the chance for the change in emphasis, it's not going to happen. this financial stuff will not go away, they'll just spin it and spin it and spin it.

interesting that enrique mentions it not being the fault of carroll or nolan that they left.

:thup:

"Coach, not a manager."  :nope:

Agreed.

Have to say, I could believe that.

Straight from the horse's mouth, Jonny.  It's not ITK bollocks, it's genuine info from inside the club.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Remember how positive we were when we were in for Gervinho, Gameiro and N'Zogbia at the end of May? :laugh:

If it's ambition and European football he wants, why doesn't he consider the likes of Sevilla, Valencia or Villarreal? Guessing the fact they'd not offer him the wages he's on is a factor like

Are you even reading what he's tweeted? :laugh:

Course I am, I know the board are liars but when he wants to leave there's no need whatsoever for this to be made public. Even with all the lying, off the pitch, we're still going about making tidy signings and the making of a decent side. Just don't see what he was expecting from this other than being put on the transfer list, which to be honest, isn't surprising.

Douglas has just retweeted this:

maverick19821 paul ryan

by MsiDouglas@

@MsiDouglas wish he would just go! He should remember when we bought him he was crap! No loyalty these days

Crap? Wasn't Enrique being watched by Barca/Real for the future? He certainly wasn't crap....

This wage cap policy is a load of crap anyway. we will never get anywhere with it. Just look at Arsenal... they're going to lose someone like Nasri because of their wage cap.

It would piss me right off if we ended up like Arsenal :lol:

He's quite possibly right in everything he says (who really knows) but he's an idiot for saying it in public. It doesn't help the club, and it doesn't help our potential recruitment drive if players hear that our lot are allegedly liars.

I dunno which pisses me off more tbh, what he's accusing the club of, or him saying it in public like this.

All that being said, I think he's a numpty if he thinks our recruitment policy so far this summer hasn't been good, and find it disrespectful to the new signings, coming from a guy who's been putting in half arsed performances for the last four or five months.

Don't think it's disrespectful in the slightest to the new signings IMO.

His dig is aimed at the board/management for essentially lying about the level of investment they were prepared to make with the Andy Carroll money and not having the ambition to even try for a CL place - which is what he and fans want for Newcastle.

The signings we have made are good (though not as certifiably brilliant as some on here purport them to be), but we have just lost our two top goalscorers in the season gone by, let's not forget.

Our business has been "good" at best, but certainly hasn't matched the potential/resources we could push for. He is, IMO, fully entitled to speak his mind.

It's not the middle of the season - he's not being disruptive to team morale at a crucial point of the season, and if he feels the management are lying/twisting his motives for wanting out - why isn't he within his rights to put across his perspective to the fans? You can talk about how "if I did that in my job, I'd get the sack.." all day long, but it's incomparable - a footballer at a Premier League club isn't the same.

Don't blame him or Barton. Criticising the club for not being all it could be is no crime.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Douglas has just retweeted this:

maverick19821 paul ryan

by MsiDouglas@

@MsiDouglas wish he would just go! He should remember when we bought him he was crap! No loyalty these days

Crap? Wasn't Enrique being watched by Barca/Real for the future? He certainly wasn't crap....

Crap :lol:

We still had fucking Babayaro at the time.

It's the lying that winds me up.

If we are skint or Ashley doesn't want to spend his own money or he's trying to re-coup some of the money he has lost on the club, then fine so long as they come out and be honest.

Instead they scheme, lie and fuck players about for what?

Just tell the fucking truth, simple. I'd rather hear the truth, than the shite they peddle on a day to day basis.

I also like how he talks about top 6 too...come and get me plea to Liverpool if ever there was one.

That's it. All Jose's fault.

He wants to leave and there's been no offers, he rejoins twitter less than a week a go and now this,its all pre planned and he's making as bigger mugs out of us as MA is, Enrique is using the situation and the fans unrest with MA as a way to make headlines and get his move, I think we have signed some decent players for a club that's just kept it's self in the premiership and we will I'm sure sign a striker, off the field nolans a loss , but selling Carroll for the price we did was a no brainer even if the money has not been totally spent on transfer fees.

The only person who wins out of this outburst is Enrique

It's the lying that winds me up.

If we are skint or Ashley doesn't want to spend his own money or he's trying to re-coup some of the money he has lost on the club, then fine so long as they come out and be honest.

Instead they scheme, lie and f*** players about for what?

Just tell the f***ing truth, simple. I'd rather hear the truth, than the s**** they peddle on a day to day basis.

:thup:

Guest VegasToon

Honestly don't really care.  If he doesn't want to be here, he will be a liability on the pitch.  He had some really horrible games towards the end of the season.  Let him go and we move on.  He is a good LB, but he can be replaced.  IMO, our squad is stronger than last year and we seem to be on the verge of getting that second striker we need.