José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

For fucks sake, on the main page it just says "Jose Enrique breaks..."

Heart skipped a beat.

He'll be gone this window anyway, as if it would matter :lol:

If I put that on my Facebook, and I'm working for a company where pay has been frozen for 3 years, I'd be hauled over the coals or even sacked.

If you were one of the top 4/5 people in your profession in the country and extremely good at your job you would have more influence than just being a mmeber of the workforce.

All I hope is that he don't end up at Liverpool, he may see our policy as bad but liverpools 6 months of premiership form and we will buy you for 10s of millions is no better in the long run.

Wayne Routledge has tweeted in support of Enrique.

Clear that the players aren't happy.

Routledge has no reason to be bitter :lol:

Although tbf a lack of ambition would actually improve his prospects.

ALERT! ALERT! PEOPLE CRITICISING CLUB OWNER!

God you're tiresome

Use the ignore function then, that's what it's there for.

Ignoring you though would effectively half the number of posts on the forum. :lol:

I too think professional footballers are my friends because they tweet about things that reinforce my preexisting biases. 

:lol:

What is this? Rent-a-mong night?

Pre-existing bias?

Give it a fucking rest man.

How much more evidence do you need that the players don't trust the people running the club?

He's quite possibly right in everything he says (who really knows) but he's an idiot for saying it in public. It doesn't help the club, and it doesn't help our potential recruitment drive if players hear that our lot are allegedly liars.

I dunno which pisses me off more tbh, what he's accusing the club of, or him saying it in public like this.

All that being said, I think he's a numpty if he thinks our recruitment policy so far this summer hasn't been good, and find it disrespectful to the new signings, coming from a guy who's been putting in half arsed performances for the last four or five months.

Not that he cares, considering he's saying that we don't have one :lol:

Wayne Routledge has tweeted in support of Enrique.

Clear that the players aren't happy.

Not really, routledge is not wanted so his opinion hardly counts, barton said hours earlier he wanted to stay his contract and more.

He's quite possibly right in everything he says (who really knows) but he's an idiot for saying it in public. It doesn't help the club, and it doesn't help our potential recruitment drive if players hear that our lot are allegedly liars.

I dunno which pisses me off more tbh, what he's accusing the club of, or him saying it in public like this.

All that being said, I think he's a numpty if he thinks our recruitment policy so far this summer hasn't been good, and find it disrespectful to the new signings, coming from a guy who's been putting in half arsed performances for the last four or five months.

thats my major problem with what he's said

I too think professional footballers are my friends because they tweet about things that reinforce my preexisting biases. 

Pre-existing bias?

Give it a f***ing rest man.

How much more evidence do you need that the players don't trust the people running the club?

Whether they do or don't, pretending that they're white knighting for the sake of the fans is going too far.  I have a healthy distrust of the motives of any professional athlete, no matter where they stand on issues, and enrique/barton/anyone rightfully (imo) getting digs in at MA/DL doesn't equate to them looking out for us.  That's all.

Looking forward to seeing the same old people trotting out the same old chat, defending this mob when we sell Tiote next and then Coloccini next summer.

I'll be the first to say that we could be in danger next year if the morale is poor among the players through lack of trust in the management and board.

I just wish players would keep this s*** in house. Barton, Jose...they must think we're the only non top 6 club who sells if a big offer comes in. Bet they weren't whinging last year when they were picking up £5m between them in the Championship.

I think the players do make an effort to keep things inhouse.  There have been many arguments between the players and Ashley/Llambias and most stuff stays in house.  Nolan always said this was important to give the club an appearance of stability.  The trouble is this helps the hierarchy because it is the players who get accused of a lack of loyalty or being greedy when they decide to move on.

The sale of Carroll was the breaking point because I believe he did not want to leave and the other players knew that as well.

When you have players like Given, Nolan and Jose who have been very happy at the club wanting to leave because they are not happy with what's going on, then they can't all be wrong.  The circumstances may differ but we only ever hear one side of the story.

Pre-existing bias?

Give it a f***ing rest man.

Whether they do or don't, pretending that they're white knighting for the sake of the fans is going too far.  I have a healthy distrust of the motives of any professional athlete, no matter where they stand on issues, and enrique/barton/anyone rightfully (imo) getting digs in at MA/DL doesn't equate to them looking out for us.  That's all.

I think their is a difference between 'looking out for us' and being fed up to the point of just saying whats happening.

I see a lot of talk right now about people defending the board, yet I don't see anyone actually defending them.

It's clear something's amiss but to come out and spread this kind of shit all over twitter is the real problem here.

I see a lot of talk right now about people defending the board, yet I don't see anyone actually defending them.

It's clear something's amiss but to come out and spread this kind of shit all over twitter is the real problem here.

This.

I just wish players would keep this s*** in house. Barton, Jose...they must think we're the only non top 6 club who sells if a big offer comes in. Bet they weren't whinging last year when they were picking up £5m between them in the Championship.

I think the players do make an effort to keep things inhouse.  There have been many arguments between the players and Ashley/Llambias and most stuff stays in house.  Nolan always said this was important to give the club an appearance of stability.  The trouble is this helps the hierarchy because it is the players who get accused of a lack of loyalty or being greedy when they decide to move on.

The sale of Carroll was the breaking point because I believe he did not want to leave and the other players knew that as well.

When you have players like Given, Nolan and Jose who have been very happy at the club wanting to leave because they are not happy with what's going on, then they can't all be wrong.  The circumstances may differ but we only ever hear one side of the story.

Excellent post. Far more articulate than my posts on the same subject and exactly what I was thinking.

Theres clearly personal bias behind some of these comments as said. His mates are leaving/have left the club, but hes not in a solid position to say our new signings wont improve us. Hes not happy obviously, maybe in regards to his contract offer. The Carroll situation clearly had further implications though as many suggested at the time, along with letting go of Nolan who was likely highly liked.