José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

This wage cap policy is a load of crap anyway. we will never get anywhere with it. Just look at Arsenal... they're going to lose someone like Nasri because of their wage cap.

It would piss me right off if we ended up like Arsenal :lol:

Wage cap is not the major factor of their success.  Wenger, scouting system, scientific coaching methods etc are/were much more influential.

I also like how he talks about top 6 too...come and get me plea to Liverpool if ever there was one.

That's it. All Jose's fault.

He wants to leave and there's been no offers, he rejoins twitter less than a week a go and now this,its all pre planned and he's making as bigger mugs out of us as MA is, Enrique is using the situation and the fans unrest with MA as a way to make headlines and get his move, I think we have signed some decent players for a club that's just kept it's self in the premiership and we will I'm sure sign a striker, off the field nolans a loss , but selling Carroll for the price we did was a no brainer even if the money has not been totally spent on transfer fees.

The only person who wins out of this outburst is Enrique

Meh.

If it's ambition and European football he wants, why doesn't he consider the likes of Sevilla, Valencia or Villarreal? Guessing the fact they'd not offer him the wages he's on is a factor like

Are you even reading what he's tweeted? :laugh:

Course I am, I know the board are liars but when he wants to leave there's no need whatsoever for this to be made public. Even with all the lying, off the pitch, we're still going about making tidy signings and the making of a decent side. Just don't see what he was expecting from this other than being put on the transfer list, which to be honest, isn't surprising.

He's trying to tell you (us fans) something because he respects us and genuinely thinks we deserve better. Maybe you should listen and let it sink in for a second?

I also like how he talks about top 6 too...come and get me plea to Liverpool if ever there was one.

That's it. All Jose's fault.

He wants to leave and there's been no offers, he rejoins twitter less than a week a go and now this,its all pre planned and he's making as bigger mugs out of us as MA is, Enrique is using the situation and the fans unrest with MA as a way to make headlines and get his move, I think we have signed some decent players for a club that's just kept it's self in the premiership and we will I'm sure sign a striker, off the field nolans a loss , but selling Carroll for the price we did was a no brainer even if the money has not been totally spent on transfer fees.

The only person who wins out of this outburst is Enrique

:sadnod:

He's quite possibly right in everything he says (who really knows) but he's an idiot for saying it in public. It doesn't help the club, and it doesn't help our potential recruitment drive if players hear that our lot are allegedly liars.

I dunno which pisses me off more tbh, what he's accusing the club of, or him saying it in public like this.

All that being said, I think he's a numpty if he thinks our recruitment policy so far this summer hasn't been good, and find it disrespectful to the new signings, coming from a guy who's been putting in half arsed performances for the last four or five months.

Don't think it's disrespectful in the slightest to the new signings IMO.

His dig is aimed at the board/management for essentially lying about the level of investment they were prepared to make with the Andy Carroll money and not having the ambition to even try for a CL place - which is what he and fans want for Newcastle.

The signings we have made are good (though not as certifiably brilliant as some on here purport them to be), but we have just lost our two top goalscorers in the season gone by, let's not forget.

Our business has been "good" at best, but certainly hasn't matched the potential/resources we could push for. He is, IMO, fully entitled to speak his mind.

It's not the middle of the season - he's not being disruptive to team morale at a crucial point of the season, and if he feels the management are lying/twisting his motives for wanting out - why isn't he within his rights to put across his perspective to the fans? You can talk about how "if I did that in my job, I'd get the sack.." all day long, but it's incomparable - a footballer at a Premier League club isn't the same.

Don't blame him or Barton. Criticising the club for not being all it could be is no crime.

Yeah but i'd get sacked at my workplace, why is he any different?

I have no doubt in what he says, it's the fact he's said it while he's still here.

Guest palnese

I can understand his frustration, but if he's that unhappy, just hoy in a fucking transfer request and leave.

Stop fucking about, for fuck's sake.

Even if our summer spending has been underwhelming, the change in the team has been nowhere near bad enough to justify a player leaving because of it. Certainly a player who was happy or happy-ish before would non way be swayed into leaving. What did Jose expect, us to sign Fabregas and Lukaku?

He was already on the way out, wish he could have done it with a bit of professionalism.

He's quite possibly right in everything he says (who really knows) but he's an idiot for saying it in public. It doesn't help the club, and it doesn't help our potential recruitment drive if players hear that our lot are allegedly liars.

I dunno which pisses me off more tbh, what he's accusing the club of, or him saying it in public like this.

All that being said, I think he's a numpty if he thinks our recruitment policy so far this summer hasn't been good, and find it disrespectful to the new signings, coming from a guy who's been putting in half arsed performances for the last four or five months.

His dig is aimed at the board/management for essentially lying about the level of investment they were prepared to make with the Andy Carroll money and not having the ambition to even try for a CL place - which is what he and fans want for Newcastle.

The signings we have made are good (though not as certifiably brilliant as some on here purport them to be), but we have just lost our two top goalscorers in the season gone by, let's not forget.

Our business has been "good" at best, but certainly hasn't matched the potential/resources we could push for. He is, IMO, fully entitled to speak his mind.

It's not the middle of the season - he's not being disruptive to team morale at a crucial point of the season, and if he feels the management are lying/twisting his motives for wanting out - why isn't he within his rights to put across his perspective to the fans? You can talk about how "if I did that in my job, I'd get the sack.." all day long, but it's incomparable - a footballer at a Premier League club isn't the same.

Don't blame him or Barton. Criticising the club for not being all it could be is no crime.

:thup:

It's the lying that winds me up.

If we are skint or Ashley doesn't want to spend his own money or he's trying to re-coup some of the money he has lost on the club, then fine so long as they come out and be honest.

Instead they scheme, lie and fuck players about for what?

Just tell the fucking truth, simple. I'd rather hear the truth, than the shite they peddle on a day to day basis.

Agreed, it might be a bitter pill to swallow but at least we'd know where we stand.

Remember them saying that within five years we'd be 'challenging for everything'? This was after Keegan's departure, putting the club up for sale, appointing Kinnear and taking it off the market again. If we always were and still are skint as fuck, how is that possible?

I have no doubt in what he says, it's the fact he's said it while he's still here.

Like it or not, the objective reality is that the balance of power between footballers at Enrique's level and his employers, and yours with yours (apologies for being presumptuous!) aren't the same.

If you could bend your boss over a barrel when he treated you like shit, lied to you and stopped you from fulfilling your potential - are you telling me, you wouldn't?

If we are skint or Ashley doesn't want to spend his own money or he's trying to re-coup some of the money he has lost on the club, then fine so long as they come out and be honest.

Instead they scheme, lie and f*** players about for what?

Just tell the f***ing truth, simple. I'd rather hear the truth, than the s**** they peddle on a day to day basis.

:thup:

Would you really though? If their real long term intention is to sell on our best players & replace them with supposed bargains who are in the same pos if they succeed..so that Ashley can make back his previous investment before selling our club..

Not sure we would like.

Instead they scheme, lie and fuck players about for what?

Just tell the fucking truth, simple. I'd rather hear the truth, than the shite they peddle on a day to day basis.

Agreed, it might be a bitter pill to swallow but at least we'd know where we stand.

Remember them saying that within five years we'd be 'challenging for everything'? This was after Keegan's departure, putting the club up for sale, appointing Kinnear and taking it off the market again. If we always were and still are skint as fuck, how is that possible?

he dosen't know what he's doing. simple as.

Joseenriqe3 José Enrique Sánchez

@

@CallumVass They don't want spend in the club and bring quality players that's why everybody go.

Like it or not, the objective reality is that the balance of power between footballers at Enrique's level and his employers, and yours with yours (apologies for being presumptuous!) aren't the same.

If you could bend your boss over a barrel when he treated you like shit, lied to you and stopped you from fulfilling your potential - are you telling me, you wouldn't?

Probably not TBH.

If i was in Enrique's place, i'd hand in a transfer request and leave should the opportunity come. I'd then tell my story after i left and probably blow the whole thing wide open from the outside.

If i couldn't get a move i'd leave on a free when my contract ran out and then have a whinge.

Guest Wally_McFool

H

He's trying to tell you (us fans) something because he respects us and genuinely thinks we deserve better. Maybe you should listen and let it sink in for a second?

Bang on, "other people" have tried to warn the fans what was going on in the past and the blinkered brigade couldn't see that either.

Even if our summer spending has been underwhelming, the change in the team has been nowhere near bad enough to justify a player leaving because of it. Certainly a player who was happy or happy-ish before would non way be swayed into leaving. What did Jose expect, us to sign Fabregas and Lukaku?

He was already on the way out, wish he could have done it with a bit of professionalism.

Knew you'd be here defending them Ian  :lol:.

£4m net spend not been underwhelming then?

H

Bang on, "other people" have tried to warn the fans what was going on in the past and the blinkered brigade couldn't see that either.

Insane that you think that an unhappy player angling for a transfer is doing some sort of public service to fans by moaning in public.

Even if you accept Ashley is tight/shit/the devil, that's ludicrous.

Guest BooBoo

I think Ashleys changed his view on the club a number of times:

I) Bought as a rich man's playthings. Intended to compete and spend.

II) Fed up with fans revolt, club for sale.

III) Take club off Market and gamble on a quick return to Premier League.

IV) Premier League status restored, make club attractive to buyers by running costs down, selling assets and making investment only on a minimal level.

Knew you'd be here defending them Ian  :lol:.

£4m net spend not been underwhelming then?

Right, you would much rather this board was just a one-way discussion with everyone agreeing with eachother.

Nothing has changed man, Enrique was always on the way out.