José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

:lol: Standard response, thanks Dale.

You did the classic paint job of Phil Brown singing like a t*** right? I  loved it. Shame it's been downhill ever since.

:lol: What a thoroughly dickish thing to say. :lol:

I think he means for Phil Brown rather than you

So the papers are all convinced that we've agreed a fee of £5.5m with Liverpool but the Chronicle is running the story we hope he's now going to stay? has there ever been a better time to bang the drum for the local press and hope it doesn't blow up in our faces?

So the papers are all convinced that we've agreed a fee of £5.5m with Liverpool but the Chronicle is running the story we hope he's now going to stay? has there ever been a better time to bang the drum for the local press and hope it doesn't blow up in our faces?

It was only the Daily Fail and the Star that mentioned the 5.5 story wasn't it?

Yep.

It was only the Daily Fail and the Star that mentioned the 5.5 story wasn't it?

The Mail on Sunday reckoned Jose was our Argie fullback a few weeks ago, so I wouldn't read into anything they say.

we thought he might stay, then it was too late to get anyone else in

ONLY the Daily Fail claiming who Pards was watching in Holland too, helps fit with their fee agreed for Jose bollocks.

Liverpool FC target Jose Enrique still wanted by Newcastle United

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew is still hopeful that Jose Enrique will stay at the club, despite interest from Liverpool.

Liverpool have been linked with Enrique for most of the year and reports at the weekend suggested the Merseysiders were closing in on a £5.5million deal for the 25-year-old.

Enrique has twelve months left on his deal at St James' Park and it has been thought for some time that he would be sold after recently criticising the club.

But Pardew has hinted that the Spaniard could still be a Newcastle player next season and has not completely given up hope of convincing the left-back to snub a move to Anfield.

Speaking after his side's pre-season friendly against Fiorentina was abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch, Pardew said: "I keep looking at him and smiling, hoping he is going to stay.

"He smiles but hasn't signed a contract yet.

"He was terrific against in our pre-season game against Fiorentina and showed why I want to keep him.".

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has made signing a new left-back his priority for this month and reports last week suggested the Scot was keen to speed up negotiations for Enrique after seeing his defence leak goals during pre-season.

http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Liverpool-FC-target-Jose-Enrique-still-wanted-by-Newcastle-United-201108080019/