José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

:smitten:

JOSE Enrique is so happy to have stayed at Newcastle United last summer that he is already contemplating the possibility of spending the rest of his career on Tyneside.

Enrique has developed into an outstanding left-back during his time at Newcastle and is arguably the best full-back playing outside of the Premier League. His performances this season – and at the end of the last – have established the former Spanish Under-21 international as a crowd favourite at St James’ Park and the former Villareal prospect has responded by claiming he never wants to leave.

At 24, Enrique, in theory, still has his best years ahead of him, but he has formed a strong bond with the city and its football club during his three years in English football.

“I’m so happy I decided to stay at Newcastle in the summer,” said Enrique, who returned to the starting line-up after a hamstring injury in the 3-0 win over Scunthorpe on Wednesday night.

“I know we are only in the Championship, but I love the city and the club. All the foreign players hate the weather here, but it’s not just Newcastle, it’s England. I’m really settled here and I have no desire to go back to Spain. I’m happy at Newcastle, in England and in this team.

“In my three seasons here I know the fans like me and I love that. That is more important for me than anything else, more important than trophies and cups.”

Enrique is not the first foreign import to fall in love with the club and the city it calls home and it is clear Enrique’s words are not empty pledges of loyalty.

Just a though but in two more years couldn't he play for England :)

He could play for England? How come?

Residency in England but The FA & the other home nations have made it clear they will not pick players who qualify by residency. That is why Novo is not playing for Scotland.

:smitten:

JOSE Enrique is so happy to have stayed at Newcastle United last summer that he is already contemplating the possibility of spending the rest of his career on Tyneside.

Enrique has developed into an outstanding left-back during his time at Newcastle and is arguably the best full-back playing outside of the Premier League. His performances this season – and at the end of the last – have established the former Spanish Under-21 international as a crowd favourite at St James’ Park and the former Villareal prospect has responded by claiming he never wants to leave.

At 24, Enrique, in theory, still has his best years ahead of him, but he has formed a strong bond with the city and its football club during his three years in English football.

“I’m so happy I decided to stay at Newcastle in the summer,” said Enrique, who returned to the starting line-up after a hamstring injury in the 3-0 win over Scunthorpe on Wednesday night.

“I know we are only in the Championship, but I love the city and the club. All the foreign players hate the weather here, but it’s not just Newcastle, it’s England. I’m really settled here and I have no desire to go back to Spain. I’m happy at Newcastle, in England and in this team.

“In my three seasons here I know the fans like me and I love that. That is more important for me than anything else, more important than trophies and cups.”

Enrique is not the first foreign import to fall in love with the club and the city it calls home and it is clear Enrique’s words are not empty pledges of loyalty.

I never doubted this lad's potential, but I distinctly remember some so-called 'experts' in the media slagging him off royally not long after he arrived.

He is probably our most valuable player right now, and will stay that way until(IF he keeps improving) Carroll surpasses him ; young English forwards will always be the most sought after players in the Prem if they have the right qualities.

Both players will be targets for top clubs if they maintain their form and if Carroll stays out of trouble.

He is an absolute beast. Sproule is one of the fastest players in this division (probably in English football) and Jose went shoulder-to-shoulder with him (after Ivan "I got punched by Gary Johnson" had just come on fresh), kept pace, then completely bossed him and did his usual little turn by the corner flag before bursting clear into an attacking position.

Some of the things he does are brilliant. Still looks like Mr. Ed, like.

• 2 weeks later...