José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

It's true though. This forum was ridiculous in the summer when we sold the players we did and missed out on Ruiz. Was pathetic despite the players we still had on our books, and I've no doubt it will be the same this summer if we sell 1 or 2 of our big players and replace them for quarter of the price.

I know, found the uber-negativity ridiculous at the time as well. Just found your turn of phrase amusing. O0

Nice that .com has put out the Jose Tweet from last year where he said he will never challenge for a top 6 place again with our policy of selling the club's best player. They then showed the table with us in 6th and them below us. At least it reminds some of us what he said and what we have defied this season..

Come to think of it, were the players we sold, our 'best'? Including you Jose? you and Carroll have won the mickey mouse cup but still in 7th place, Nolan's hardly the big star of the Championship as he was with us and Joey is still Joey albeit with a different relegation threatened side.

Nice that .com has put out the Jose Tweet from last year where he said he will never challenge for a top 6 place again with our policy of selling the club's best player. They then showed the table with us in 6th and them below us. At least it reminds some of us what he said and what we have defied this season..

Come to think of it, were the players we sold, our 'best'? Including you Jose? you and Carroll have won the mickey mouse cup** but still in 7th place, Nolan's hardly the big star of the Championship as he was with us and Joey is still Joey albeit with a different relegation threatened side.

**Domestic cup which we haven't won in 57 years?...and even that wasn't the league cup.

Come to think of it, were the players we sold, our 'best'? Including you Jose? you and Carroll have won the mickey mouse cup but still in 7th place, Nolan's hardly the big star of the Championship as he was with us and Joey is still Joey albeit with a different relegation threatened side.

To be completely honest, many on here thought exactly the same.

I think his statement accurately reflects his experience with the club.  That's not just Barton, Nolan, and Carroll, but also the players the club sold before we went down: Given, Milner, and N'Zogbia. Not to mention the "talent" that jumped ship after the club was relegated.  Carroll is probably the key one though. We sold him without bringing in a replacement; that did not inspire confidence.

In all the interviews I read from him in the Spanish press he was always ranting about your board and how they kept weakening the squad. I think his care for the club was - at least until the last months - genuine.

Regarding Spain, he may get in the frame after the Euros if Ramos becomes CB longterm (and Arbeloa moves to the right to cover for him).

Im not against any of our players leaving but reality really smacks Jose in the face when he comes out speaking his mind and actually saying the negative things. Even if he was 'caring' for the club with his comments against the board, you cant predict anything in football. Yes he can say what he wants about the board but when you go out and under-rate the club and the players still there, I think you're being a bit too arrogant.

Fair point, but he kind of was saying what a lot of us were thinking.

yup. true that. well I guess we'll see how the crowd reacts to him on Sunday. Dont think many will remember Jose's opinion at that time was the same as most people.

What chant  will Jose get on Sunday I wonder?