José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Btw, thanks @ Sam Allardyce for that great signing!

If I ever find The Mag that has the interview with C.Mort the way I will type what Mort said, the way I read the club were tipped off about Jose E & club went & signed him I don't think it was Sam find. I have sneaky one that may down to Tony Jimenez. Mike Ashley hired a private plane to get the deal done quick before anyone else could nab him.

Ok, so let's give credit and thank to all those who were involved in that f***ing great deal.  :thup:

Still cant find the copy of The Mag but even Sam admitted Jose signing had little to do with him

"Either our chief operating officer Russell Cushing or chairman Chris Mort got a phone call which said the player was available.

"I asked the price and said 'go' and they went. And in 24 hours he was here.

"Russell Cushing and Chris Mort are the reasons Enrique is signing for us rather than Liverpool or Manchester City."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_2643304,00.html

The heart wrenching thing about this is I still have visions of a few bids coming in the summer and Ashley taking the money. Absolutely fantastic player this season, though credit to Jonas, his partnership with him is fantastic, they work very well togeather.

He surely wont stay here much longer sadly.

Yes it feels like this goal will perk up the ears of the top level teams.

He seems to like it here and he's on alot of money. Who knows, we could be lucky.

Depends what happens next season I think.

He stuck with us through the this season instead of the likes of Habib Beye, who jumped at the first opportunity.

Enrique loves it here, I reckon. He'll stay  :smitten:

With any luck I'll carry his babies. He'll have to.  :shifty:

Hell, with any luck I'll carry his babies. It'd have be some luck like.

"Even last summer when I said I wanted to stay, I meant it. I don’t lie. People will now believe and realise why I did it.

‘And Chris Hughton deserves the credit. He is the best manager I’ve ever had here in three seasons. He’s had one season and has grown into the job.

‘People who say he will not be as good in the Premier League are being unfair. Why not? The club want him to stay, he’s very keen to stay and the players want to work with Chris next season.’"

---> Read more

The defeatist attitude of some on here is just patheticc honestly  :lol:

How do some of you even get up every morning. Man up for goodness sake.

:angel:

It's ridiculous. Suddenly he's our top player, and that being the case, he'll be of faster than Shells knickers. :idiot2:

JOSÉ Enrique wants to see fresh blood at St James’ Park this summer, despite arguing Newcastle United are already good enough for the Premier League without it.

Enrique wants to see United strengthen, but the Spaniard was careful to take the pressure off owner Mike Ashley by declaring that he will not lose any sleep if they do not. “We have a good team for the Championship – a very good team for this division,” said the man signed by Sam Allardyce from Villarreal in 2007.

“We need players for next season in the Premier League, of course, but that is normal – every team will need new players.

“It is not my work to say how many but I hope we will sign some new players because it is good to have a big squad.

“But if we do not sign anyone, I don’t care because our team is full of good players.”

Newcastle’s squad is packed with Premier League experience, something which has been apparent as they have outclassed Championship opposition all season.

Fabrice Pancrate has never played in England’s top-flight, although he is unlikely to get the chance to rectify that next season. His current contract expires this summer and

although Newcastle have an option to extend it, it is one they are unlikely to take up.

Mike Williamson is the only other senior squad member not to have played in the division, despite having been on the books of Portsmouth and Southampton in the top flight.

If there are question marks about the Premier League qualities of those who stayed after relegation, they have proven their commitment when a notable few were quick to bail out,

“Do I think the players who left the club regret it? I don’t know,” said Enrique. “What I can say is every player who stayed at Newcastle following relegation did so because they wanted to. They decided it was better to try and help the team win promotion than leave straight after relegation. That was the same for me.

“I wanted to play in the Championship because I knew we had a great chance of getting straight back to the Premier League. Looking back now, I know it was the right decision.

“Even last summer when I said I wanted to stay, I meant it. I don’t lie. People will now believe and realise why I did it.”

He admits, though, it has been tough watching Premier League football on television.

“For me, the worst games this season were the first ones,” he said. “I remember saying to Jonás (Gutiérrez) at the end of games ‘I still don’t believe we are in the Championship, it has not sunk in.’ It felt as if we were missing out on something because the Premier League is so massive.

“But in many ways, it has not felt that we are out of it. We get nearly 50,000 coming here every week and away from home, there are always two or three thousand. It has never stopped feeling like a big club, a Premier League club.”