Taylor in England squad.

James

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6933910.stm

So with Terry, King, Woodgate all injured, Carragher and Campbell retired, I can't think of any other English centre back better than Taylor to step in and fill the breach. Of course, a couple of defenders in England are better, butare also much older, so playing them just the once in a friendly would be a wasted exercise.

Dawson is certainly preferredby the England setup, being older, but Taylor is better.

So in your view, will Taylor be getting a chance, and should he be getting that chance?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6933910.stm

So with Terry, King, Woodgate all injured, Carragher and Campbell retired, I can't think of any other English centre back better than Taylor to step in and fill the breach. Of course, a couple of defenders in England are better, butare also much older, so playing them just the once in a friendly would be a wasted exercise.

Dawson is certainly preferredby the England setup, being older, but Taylor is better.

So in your view, will Taylor be getting a chance, and should he be getting that chance?

Hopefully King Dawson wont see this thread  :lol:

I suspect McClaren would probably cobble together some defensive line-up that will never be seen again, making it a pointless exercise. If there are injuries for friendlies he should be using the chance to integrate the best under-21's with theusual regulars.

However, McClaren is crap, so he won't.

Just out of interest, why do people proactively not want Taylor to play for England in a FRIENDLY versus Germany at Wembley?

It's only a friendly, and based on commitment, Taylor should deserve it in the eyes of all NUFC fans.

Just out of interest, why do people proactively not want Taylor to play for England in a FRIENDLY versus Germany at Wembley?

It's only a friendly, and based on commitment, Taylor should deserve it in the eyes of all NUFC fans.

Because he's not good enough yet.

Guest tonydixon

It\\\'s only a friendly, and based on commitment, Taylor should deserve it in the eyes of all NUFC fans.

Because he\\\'s not good enough yet.

and will never be good enough

Its only a friendly though. The game is unlikely to get to his head in a negative way in my opinion.

Don't get why people are up in arms. There's an injury crisis, so he's likely to get called up. I agree he's not good enough yet, but with so many out he's probably next in line for the squad. Not his fault is it?

Put it this way if he wos playing for man u or chelsea he would have caps by now!He fully deserves to be in the squad,maybe not the team yet he has alot to learn especially his positional sense but hes a hell of alot better than Dawson!

It\\\'s only a friendly, and based on commitment, Taylor should deserve it in the eyes of all NUFC fans.

Because he\\\'s not good enough yet.

and will never be good enough

We might as well get rid of him right now then!  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mclaren talks such a load of shite.  Unbelievably infuriating:

Carragher was omitted from England's last game - a Euro 2008 qualifier in Estonia - and is frustrated by his status in the national team's pecking order.

"I can totally understand his thought process," said McClaren. "I've every sympathy with players who want to play and feel they should.

If you can understand his thought process, then let him stay retired because you wouldn't pick him you stupid fuck!

"It would be silly and foolish of me to dismiss either Sol or [Campbell's Portsmouth team-mate] David James.

Same thing applies.  He did the same thing when he got backed into a corner by the Beckham thing.

And I can never find the right emoticon either damnit

Its only a friendly though. The game is unlikely to get to his head in a negative way in my opinion.

He's a promising player who, one day, hopefully will be good enough to play for England. That time is not now. I'd much prefer him to concentrate on becoming a regular for Newcastle and for him to perform to a standard that warrants a call-up when the others are fit.

People having a go. :lol:

Put him in the squad, give him a run out by all means. Sure he's not ready as an international CB yet, but it's a friendly and he looks a very good prospect. Can't see how it does him any harm, good if he gets the squad.

Doubt he'll play anyway, few others still fit who are in line for a look at some point. But a few days with the squad won't do him any harm if he gets called up. Drew a lot of praise in the U-21, think he's got a good chance.

Don't get why people are up in arms. There's an injury crisis, so he's likely to get called up. I agree he's not good enough yet, but with so many out he's probably next in line for the squad. Not his fault is it?

I want to see players that play well forus get international recognition. There are other centre halves who deserve the call-up in terms of ability, but whom are much older, and will be back out of the picture straight away, and that wouldn't benefit anyone given that the game is a friendly.

Playing Taylor would benefit the future of player, club and country. If he cocks up against Klose in a friendly, it wont affect him - just remember his NUFC debut.

People having a go. :lol:

Put him in the squad, give him a run out by all means. Sure he's not ready as an international CB yet, but it's a friendly and he looks a very good prospect. Can't see how it does him any harm, good if he gets the squad.

Doubt he'll play anyway, few others still fit who are in line for a look at some point. But a few days with the squad won't do him any harm if he gets called up. Drew a lot of praise in the U-21, think he's got a good chance.

aye, and it is not like the experience will do him any harm, might just be the jolt he needs to push on to the next level. and for once he might be training with centre-halves better than him. i think the under 21 tournament was a bit like that too, he showed he has a "big game mentality", something players more talented than him don't neccessarily possess. For the record, i think Lescott deserves a call up ahead of him, but if there's so many out injured/retired than i can't see why both shouldn't be called up. Personally i'm not so sure Carragher or Campbell should go, what would be learned from that? they're both slowly getting worse, and in the case of Carragher there's commitment issues, he might play now but in a few months could decide he doesn't want to play 4th fiddle to much better players and throw another fit.