Today's Games

Tooj

Both been pretty poor IMO. Liverpool have been lucky to win, but Brummie will be disappointed with Villa's show overall I'm sure.

To be fair, I think Liverpool have been pretty good.

They'll never play good football with Benitez in charge but they've made half a dozen really good chances and Villa have had nothing before the penalty. Could easily have been 2 or 3-nil before the penalty.

Torres looked promising as well, good start for Liverpool.

Fucking jammy gits. :lol:

The more teams that are likely to challenge us drop points now, the better. Villa have dropped at least a point today, and Spurs have dropped 3. Good stuff.

Suppose you're right.

Man City, Spurs, Villa and Everton will be the teams we'll watch for, it's no coincidence we have fans from those four teams contributing to our boards as they probably feel the same way about us.

The more teams that are likely to challenge us drop points now, the better. Villa have dropped at least a point today, and Spurs have dropped 3. Good stuff.

Suppose you're right.

Man City, Spurs, Villa and Everton will be the teams we'll watch for, it's no coincidence we have fans from those four teams contributing to our boards as they probably feel the same way about us.

Yep. City was the real surprise of the day (excluding us :lol:). Played really well (according to my City mate) and picked up a really good 3 points away from home (which was one of their weaknesses last season). Everton did what was expected so no worries there. More said about the Spurs result the better :D

Do people really think that Liverpool was good?

I thought that wasn't much difference between Aston Villa and Liverpool, apart from individual talents (which could be bought).

I think Liverpool will struggle to make meaningful challenge on the title. And Benitez needs to ditch his obsession with playing full back as winger. Perhaps it is only the first game of the season and safety first is the priority.

Gerrard's freekick was excellent, and Martin O'Neill will be gutted that they lost a match they could have drawn.

Do people really think that Liverpool was good?

I thought that wasn't much difference between Aston Villa and Liverpool, apart from individual talents (which could be bought).

I think Liverpool will struggle to make meaningful challenge on the title. And Benitez needs to ditch his obsession with playing full back as winger. Perhaps it is only the first game of the season and safety first is the priority.

Gerrard's freekick was excellent, and Martin O'Neill will be gutted that they lost a match they could have drawn.

Agreed. It gives Liverpool less quality in attack and does nothing for their defence. Silly idea.

Found this on the famous video sharing website, title - "Everton 2007/08 Season Prospects"

Can someone make a similar video on Newcastle United? Moyes has really slowly assembled a team of talents - Howard, Lescott, Yobo, Baines, Jagielka, Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill, Johnson and hopefully Fernandes - without spending much, without too much fuss. I really think that it will be between Newcastle United and Everton for 5th and 6th.