"everyone knows how hard it is to come t'reebok stadium."

"we had to make sure we were focussed."

"we were chuffed to go in at 3-0."

"everyone knows how much this game meant t'gaffer."

"we have the nucleus of a good team"

"don't get carried away from this result"

"need players who are disciplined and want to give all t'team"

"you saw committment there today"

Anyone know what time sky announce what match will be on "game of the day"?

You never know it might be us. :D

You can chose what one you want to watch...

Incorrect.

Aye, game of the day is a full 90 min match that they pick, then after that get you to choose what game you want to see 55 mins worth of highlights from, but you can only choose that if you have sky.. :D

Harper- 7 Good when called upon, classy finish from Anelka.

Carr- 6 Decent, still not convinced.

Rozehnal- 7 Was unlucky with his challege leading to theirs, apart from that was fantastic.

Taylor- 7 Never put a foot wrong fought for everything/

Zoggy- 7.5 Considering he was of position he deserves credit, great free kick.

Geremi- 7.5 Great influence but silly booking.

Butt- 8 Colloseus. Won every tackle.

Smith-8 Like Butt gave his all and retained possesion alot, good blocks too.

Milner-7.5 Great assist.

Viduka-7 Linked up well with Martins and Milner.

Martins-8 Once confidence was flowing Martins look irripressable. Spectacular goal.

BTW, where did that chant come from where we just went "toon toon toon toon toon toon troon toon toon.....weeeeeeeheeeeyyyyyy!"

Guest Toonie

We can win our next two games against Villa and Boro. That would be a great start to the season, 9 points from the first 3 games.

We can win our next two games against Villa and Boro. That would be a great start to the season, 9 points from the first 3 games.

It'd be decent enough, I suppose. :lol:

Can't wait for next wekend now, St. James' should be rocking. :D

Amazing result, sounds like a good performance too. Everything I've read/heard said we were well worth it.

I'm so optimistic about this season I was sure this game was going to spoil it. Yes, I know how backwards that sounds. :lol:

Onwards and upwards!

Amazing result, sounds like a good performance too. Everything I've read/heard said we were well worth it.

I'm so optimistic about this season I was sure this game was going to spoil it. Yes, I know how backwards that sounds. :lol:

Onwards and upwards!

I've not seen a better comprehensive first half performance since the bobby days when we beat spurs 4-0 when robert scored a couple of wonder goals. We just looked so comfortable and natural going forward.

The second half was little disapointed but that was expected. Bolton came out with a point to prove and we'd lost a little motivation to go forward by that point. As well, the unfitness being the first game an all.

Who said Sam plays boring football, more of that please.

Carr- 6 Decent, still not convinced.  Harsh he did decent 7

Rozehnal- 7 Was unlucky with his challege leading to theirs, apart from that was fantastic. goal was poor defending all round & Roze will learn from the times he got caught in possession

Milner-7.5 Great assist.

Viduka-7 Linked up well with Martins and Milner. 7.5

Martins-8 Once confidence was flowing Martins look irripressable. Spectacular goal.

Guest Toonie

I had chopra on my team as a sub. but a late injury to leighton baines forced him into a starting spot. very lucky, very nice.

Carr- 6 Decent, still not convinced.   Harsh he did decent 7

Rozehnal- 7 Was unlucky with his challege leading to theirs, apart from that was fantastic. goal was poor defending all round & Roze will learn from the times he got caught in possession

Milner-7.5 Great assist.

Viduka-7 Linked up well with Martins and Milner. 7.5

Your right i'm being a bit harsh on Carr but he has a long road to recover in my mind. Like a say Rozehnal was unlucky with his challenge leading to the goal, certainly not blaming him.

Great start. Wow. Unbelievable first half an hour. Smith was every-fucking-where. Already a legend in my book. Geremi was involved though it's obvious that he can be more influential. Milner stood out, was always trying to get involved and the boy has end product now. Great game for the kid, really proud of how much he's grown up in a couple of seasons.

A few bad points - we didn't create many chances though obviously we didn't have to by scoring 2 so early. Still, it's something I haven't really seen ie. creating chances from open play. Our defence still doesn't look comfortable. Whenever I see Carr my heart just goes weak. Really need a good RB, especially if Solano is fucking off to WH.

Saying all that, what a fucking first match :D we're gonna win the league :D

Great start. Wow. Unbelievable first half an hour. Smith was every-fucking-where. Already a legend in my book. Geremi was involved though it's obvious that he can be more influential. Milner stood out, was always trying to get involved and the boy has end product now. Great game for the kid, really proud of how much he's grown up in a couple of seasons.

A few bad points - we didn't create many chances though obviously we didn't have to by scoring 2 so early. Still, it's something I haven't really seen ie. creating chances from open play. Our defence still doesn't look comfortable. Whenever I see Carr my heart just goes weak. Really need a good RB, especially if Solano is fucking off to WH.

Saying all that, what a fucking first match :D we're gonna win the league :D

great result, great start, great first half performance.

Smith was everywhere, he will make the purists who doubt him for his lack of technical skills and those who look at Championship manager goal stats by contributing massively in other ways. In particular his desire, heart, bottle and drive will benefit us hugely in away games and when the chips are down. In truth, we had became a team of homers, and a team that didnt' have the forward players in midfield and up front to grasp the initiative in games. We needed a few more players of this calibre. Its not all about technical ability in the premiership, you have to put into your team what is needed to be successful not text book footballers. We have had players of technical ability who disappear in away games and disapper on other occasions when they can't be arsed.

He will give us far more than those types ie Dyer, Emre, and what Jeanarse did to name 3.

He will give us far more than those types ie Dyer, Emre, and what Jeanarse did to name 3.

Still very interested to see what Emre can do under the new regime before I write him off. Undeniably he's been underwhelming so far, but I do think there's a quality player in there somewhere.

Guest MagicNumber9

Anelka's goal was canny.

Good for my fantasy leauge

same here :D

won £50 on it too, stuck a couple of quid on 3-1 @ 25/1