Bolton 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 11/08/07 - Post match thoughts from page 23

BlufPurdi

Should add, from what I heard from my stream today, that our away support was superb. Very audible, but with that said with the way we controlled the game in the first 45 at least, it's no surprise we were louder.

Should add, from what I heard from my stream today, that our away support was superb. Very audible, but with that said with the way we controlled the game in the first 45 at least, it's no surprise they were louder.

non stop singing ...superb effort

As you all know i live in Bolton and was at the match today...all be it in the Bolton end, opposite the Geordie faithful as our end was sold out. So obviously i have got back first so i've uploaded the pictures ive taken today and thought i'd share them with you all.

First i thought i'd show you just how empty the Bolton end was near where i was sitting

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4963/img0185jw0.th.jpg

and the rest of my photo's can be found here http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x213/Craig_NUFC/

Oh btw absolutely fantastic support today lads  :clap:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x213/Craig_NUFC/IMG_0150.jpg

Great picture mate. Part of that banner was painted by me 8)

The ghost of Chris Benoit is sitting behind Joey.

Btw,  "I'm fancying us to get a result.  Nobody will know how to hurt Bolton more then Sam.  He knows every single one of their players weaknesses,  and he'll use anything he knows to hurt them.

We really should win it,  all things considered.  Previous results at Bolton go out of the window tommorow,  given Allardyces big advantage.  3-1."    :coolsmiley:

Great result. Oba is a real threat everytime he gets in a scoring position, he is a beast. WE were very effective in closing them down as a whole. Milner really looking to create something everytime he gets the ball. Shola was a great outlet towards the end doing the dirty work and just banging his body about. Viduka I thought was dissapointing, really anonymous. Harper made a fantastic save at a really crucial point in the match.

Fucking yes.

Have to say a couple of people were claiming we were very lucky to be winning.

Free kick was excellent, Bolton would have been very lucky if it hadn't had gone in, left alone (as we saw) or any touch towards goal and it would have been than likely gone in anyway.

The second was a very well taken goal.

The third was a bit of luck but the sort of goal that happens all the time (as someone mentioned, Lampard scores about 16 of those every season).

We created our own luck and it was a well deserved win.

I am a self confessed "fanboy" but Milner (to me at least) seems exactly the kind of player for an Allardyce team.

Free kick was excellent, Bolton would have been very lucky if it hadn't had gone in, left alone (as we saw) or any touch towards goal and it would have been than likely gone in anyway.

The third was a bit of luck but the sort of goal that happens all the time (as someone mentioned, Lampard scores about 16 of those every season).

I am a self confessed "fanboy" but Milner (to me at least) seems exactly the kind of player for an Allardyce team.

Milner seems more suited to the 4-3-3 formation, he can get around the pitch more rather than being stuck out on the touchline, Martins looks good out there too and the Bolton back four struggled to pick him up, It'll be interesting to see what happens to N'Zogbia when Enrique comes into the team as he's looked excellent in attack so far in this match.

His free kick was impossible to defend against for a keeper.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1329/bigsamindugoutth6mz7.jpg

Been away so couldn't keep up with all the backroom changes and was wondering who the people to the left and right of Pearson are? Also does anyone know who the 4 to the left of Barton are?

Been away so couldn't keep up with all the backroom changes and was wondering who the people to the left and right of Pearson are? Also does anyone know who the 4 to the left of Barton are?

Steve Round to left, not sure about right.

Barton looks like he's about to toe cunts. :lol:

Barton looks like he's about to toe c***s. :lol:

freddy shepherd first game since stepping down from chairmen .. a lil further back behind george bush

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Milner seems more suited to the 4-3-3 formation, he can get around the pitch more rather than being stuck out on the touchline, Martins looks good out there too and the Bolton back four struggled to pick him up, It'll be interesting to see what happens to N'Zogbia when Enrique comes into the team as he's looked excellent in attack so far in this match.

His free kick was impossible to defend against for a keeper.

Nice points.

Enrique will undoubtedly displace N'Zogbia, but if Dyer and Nobby leave, Charlie will have more opportunities.

Carr was dire today. We really, really need a decent right back.