Michael Chopra

Tsunami

Well done Chops!

Never had the chance to make it here because of the impatience of the "greatest football supporters the world has ever had".

He is a natural goalscorer and was always going to improve as he gained experience and confidence. As Toony said above, a sell on clause would have been prudent, but I wonder if this would have scuppered his move to the Mackems.

Yes we all knew he could finish. No he wasn't given a real chance here. As for the sell on clause, who gives a toss if it would have scuppered his move to the mackems? Cardiff were smart enough to install a £5m release clause and hats off to them for doing it.

Compare that to our bumbling board of clowns who backed gormless managers in getting rid for next to nothing. Outsmarted by Cardiff which tells you a lot surely.

Well done Chops but I hope he now breaks a leg.

I wish him all the luck in the world. Be one of a very select few Newcastle academy graduates who's actually gone on to do something except turn out for likes of Carlisle. He had to move to Sunderland for the good of his career and Cardiff wanted the dough. Anyone who thinks for a minute he should've passed up a chance to establish himself as a Premier League player because of any Tyne-Wear rivalry is, frankly, a fucking idiot.

From reading some of the comments in this thread I have come to the conclusion that if we kept Chopra and Sibierski this season they would have scored 76 league goals between them and we probably would have the title. Fucking board letting them go!!!

Would have been better if we managed to get Healy aswell, 4-3-3 surely would have meant 114 league goals.

:dance:

Guest Brazilianbob

I hope Chopra scores a hatful of goals for the mackems and really establishes himself as a proven EPl goalscorer over the next few years!  Why?  so he can run his contract down and re-sign for us for nowt.  That would really boil the mackems p*ss.

Guest Sniffer

If Chopra can score ten goals this season he'll have done very well never mind fifteen.

Must be galling for the morons on here who either  can't understand or don't want to admit that he has improved tremendously after a full season at Cardiff and still try to maintain that the stumbling, bumbling ameobi is a better player.

I'd still say we couldn't ever really have kept Chopra on. He seems to have come on with first team football, but he never showed anything here to suggest he would make a regular first teamer, and he chose to leave because that was the case.

He was never given the chance here.

A youth player who doesn't look capable of playing in the premiership and seems to confirm that they can't with any amount of time they're afforded on the pitch tends not to, unless there is a serious injury crisis. Has Pattison been given enough of a chance for you? Was Lewis Guy?

Guest Sniffer

No. And I understand that if better players are available a young player won't get an extended run of games. Unfortunately, we played a donkey like ameobi so I think the argument is a poor one.

No. And I understand that if better players are available a young player won't get an extended run of games. Unfortunately, we played a donkey like ameobi so I think the argument is a poor one.

Why did we play Ameobi? Suppose its because he was a local lad or something.... ;)

Guest sittingontheball

Don't really think his failure to make it here was anything to do with the supporters at all.

It was more the manager not giving him a decent run in the team (roeder or Souness).

Most people on here would rather have seen him play than Rossi when we had him.

Deffo agree with the second bit.  It would have made more sense giving one of our unprovens a game than one of ManYoos.

Guest Sniffer

Especially as manure eventually gave up on rossi even though he was supposedly the next van N in terms of finishing.

Well done Chops!

Never had the chance to make it here because of the impatience of the "greatest football supporters the world has ever had".

He is a natural goalscorer and was always going to improve as he gained experience and confidence. As Toony said above, a sell on clause would have been prudent, but I wonder if this would have scuppered his move to the Mackems.

Yes we all knew he could finish. No he wasn't given a real chance here. As for the sell on clause, who gives a toss if it would have scuppered his move to the mackems? Cardiff were smart enough to install a £5m release clause and hats off to them for doing it.

Compare that to our bumbling board of clowns who backed gormless managers in getting rid for next to nothing.  Outsmarted by Cardiff which tells you a lot surely.

Well done Chops but I hope he now breaks a leg.

It just confirms what I always thought of FFS's business acumen!

Especially as manure eventually gave up on rossi even though he was supposedly the next van N in terms of finishing.

They've got an option on him if he moves on I think. Anyway, anyone can tell Rossi is a link player / support striker and they've got Rooney and Tevez who are both outstanding in that role, so selling Rossi was a bit of a no-brainer really.