Sir Alex tips Toon for 4th

NSG

Guest Moe-Ali

We will not finish in the top 4 though anyway. Not this season.

I think we have a better side than arsenal, and tottenham, that gives us half a chance to finish fourth, right?

Guest Moe-Ali

3-1 at Bolton and now we're going to finish in forth. It's so refreshing. Usually the knee-jerk reactions have us going the other way.  ;D

Still, IF we stay fit, I think we'll do better than expected. Why not?

Nothing like early season optimism.

He's done it just to piss off the others............ 

maybe he just doesnt think we will do goood?

We will not finish in the top 4 though anyway. Not this season.

I think we have a better side than arsenal, and tottenham, that gives us half a chance to finish fourth, right?

We don't even have a better side than Everton yet. Half of our team is new and they have played one game together (some players didn't even play in that either). If we can just squeeze in 6th we've had a good season.

more likely he see's this as another mind game tactic seen as they won the prem last season and seem to be the "team to beat" this season. fergie recons bigging up the teams who could float around 6-10th to put pressure on spuds, pool, arse and chelski. Obviously even with a fantastic start we will no doubt still have a cool period scraping win's loosing maybe 2-3 in a row it will happen and it all comes down to wether you believe him cause you want to or wether there is a note of "wink wink nudge nudge look at that toon side" in the back of his mind.

I don't believe we will finish fourth but i believe we will there and there abouts.

Even though i never like to judge us on one game, i think sometimes everyone can sense when something good is happening. At the moment even our biggest pessimists are finding us hard to critisise and it's no suprise fergi thinks we might.

The media needs to fucking calm down :lol:

It's gonna raise the expectations of so many people and then the players will get booed at home when we're only 1-0 up against Derby or some shite like that. We cannot make the players feel unconfident when they play at home ffs.

Guest Knightrider

Fergie is massive mates with Allardyce and has always had good things to say about Newcastle as a club, secretly I think he'd love to get his hands on us as the untapped potential would be a big draw for someone with his fierce ambition. Indeed there were rumours just after KK left that Fergie wasn't very happy that no-one at Man Utd had informed him of our interest, which was genuine as we did make an inquiry. I remember listening to an interview on Radio 5 a few years back prior to our semi-final date with them as well and he waxed lyrical about us as fans, the stadium, the club and the passion, he kept on talking about the passion - called it "incredible". I have nowt but respect for the man and unlike most don't hate him, in fact he's an absolute legend and by all accounts a top bloke too.

Fergie is massive mates with Allardyce and has always had good things to say about Newcastle as a club, secretly I think he'd love to get his hands on us as the untapped potential would be a big draw for someone with his fierce ambition. Indeed there were rumours just after KK left that Fergie wasn't very happy that no-one at Man Utd had informed him of our interest, which was genuine as we did make an inquiry. I remember listening to an interview on Radio 5 a few years back prior to our semi-final date with them as well and he waxed lyrical about us as fans, the stadium, the club and the passion, he kept on talking about the passion - called it "incredible". I have nowt but respect for the man and unlike most don't hate him, in fact he's an absolute legend and by all accounts a top bloke too.

He knows what he did to us... :(

Out of the top four managers, i only respect sir alex, never liked wenger, or arsenal, hate mourinho with a passion, seems to think he is chelsea football club, and rafa seems to be more interested in european cups then the premierleague, so i dont even consider him a premier league manager.

This must be the most stupid thing I've ever read..

Not sure about 4th but I reckon we have a better 1st team than spurs.

Spurs best team (imo based on what I think MJ will do)

GK:Robinson

RB:Chimbonda

LB:Bale(Remember how inexperienced he is though)

CB:King(If ever fit so more likely Dawson)

CB:Kaboul

RM:Lennon

LM:Malbranque

CM:Zokora

CM:Jenas

CF:Berbatov

CF:Keane by the looks of it maybe Bent

Toons best team IMO - I think we should stick with 433

GK:Given

RB:Carr

LB:Enrique

CB:Rozenhal

CB:Taylor

DM:Butt

CM:Geremi

CM:Barton

RF:Martins

CF:Viduka (Owen maybe but think his hold up play is too poor for this role.  He definately can't play as an outside forward)

LF:Milner/Duff

From their squad.  I'd take berba over the duke.  Lennon but I don't know if I' swap him for Milner,  King if he ever stays fit over Rozzy(based on what I've seen so far),  Chimbonda over Carr.  Maybe Bent but I'd rather have Owen or Martins.

Their midfield is weak and I think they will get found out this year.  Most teams have strengthned their midfields - Spurs have not and itstheir weakest area.

Guest teepee

i thought a bit the same as htt - he always does seem to have a pretty high oppinion of us.

but i do think this is just a "if we are extremely lucky" scenario. realistically top 4 is too far off imo, but hopefully we can get top 6.

i have everton as an outsider for 4th