Maybe Gartside was right?

stozo

bring back keegan!!

Too f****** right, man.

im not serious.

I am. I said as soon as Allardyce signed that that was the end of decent football at SJP.

When the fuck have we seen seen decent football at SJP?

Bring back Roeder.  mackems.gif

This is such an ebarressing thread, how are we even thinking of forming these opinions after 2 games, ridculous. i had this down as a draw all over, it just looked like 2 well organized defensively sound sides cancelling each other out. I happened to think that that performance was better than 75% of anyhting we've seen the past 3 seasons, it was solid graft and was refreshing not seeing so many long balls being played from defense i thought zog and milner did alrite on the left but we were anonymous on the right. I liked the fact that despite not having the bit btween our teeth this game we still managed to finish the game not continuosly chasing shadows or being overly predictable and giving away cheap possession.

Guest exilim

Please delete this thread because it's pointless. f****** Hell.

We got 4 points in 2 games, 1 win and 1 draw and you are telling me maybe Gartside was right? Wtf!!!

2003/4, we've got 1 point in the first 4 games.

2004/5, we've got 2 points in the first 4 games.

2005/6, we've got 1 point in the first 4 games.

2006/7, we've got 3 points in the first 3 games.

Guest Ridzuan

Some of you people needs to get a hold of yourself.2 games and you already pressed the panic button,its ridiculous.

Guest unrealterrorist

About Allardyce's football driving fans away?

Seriously, I'm racking my brains to think of a more boring game I've watched involving Newcastle. The midfield Allardyce has created was especially bad, defensively solid but showed naff all going forward. I seriously hope today was a one off and we don't keep playing this defensively, especially at home.

SImple answer no he is not.

Guest Gemmill

This thread is fucking ridiculous after one game.  We ARE the fucking impatient arseholes that other fans and the papers sometimes portray us as.  Wankers.

Guest exilim

This thread is f****** ridiculous after one game.  We ARE the f****** impatient arseholes that other fans and the papers sometimes portray us as.  Wankers.

That disease isn't getting a cure yet..  don't think it will ever be.

pathetic thread.

4 points after 2 games. thats a decent enough return for me.

new manager, many new squad members, lots of the deadwood shipped out, still missing key players through injury.

the lads battled today, they looked much more organised than last season and all we lacked was a creative spark. and villa are a well drilled set of draw merchants who are very difficult to break down.

to be a doom and gloom peddlar at this stage just plays up to the very reasons why the press and other fans take the piss out of our fan base.

And the people who booed at the final whistle. for fucks sake ! you wonder why people won't sign for us.......

Fucking shocking thread, some of you need to have a word with yourselves.

Man U failed to beat Reading at home in a pretty boring game, that mean they're shit? Or fergie's a shit manager. We've got a board and a manager trying to pick up the pieces of more than a decade of bad management and and an incompetant chairman. Look at the clubs who are consistantly finishing well in the league - Everton, Spurs and when Sam was there Bolton, do you think they achieved what they have by sacking managers as soon as they saw a medicore performance?

Agree with those condemning the negative merchants. People should not let their disappontment cloud their judgment. Sam needs time to get balance and consistency into the team who will gel once they get a few games under their belts. Yes , yesterday's game had 0-0 written all over it from midway through the first half and Villa were at SJP for a draw and snatch a win if they could.

Guest firetotheworks

4 pages! Kneejerk-tastic tbh. It wasnt the best game but we also got a point against a team who were off their tits on man marking and with a ref who hates Aussies. Its easy to say in hindsight but we missed Solano today I thought. It was a disappointing match but we shouldnt let it get us down at all. Another point, bring on Boro I say.

Seriously, I'm racking my brains to think of a more boring game I've watched involving Newcastle. The midfield Allardyce has created was especially bad, defensively solid but showed naff all going forward. I seriously hope today was a one off and we don't keep playing this defensively, especially at home.

I take it you haven't been to a game for about four years then.

Some people forget very quickly.

Anyone remember the quality of football under Dogleash, Gullit, SBR's first season, Glenda?

We were shite, we signed shite and the tactics were shit.

We will play better football under Sam than all of those Managers. We'll play with more awareness and greater understanding of systems than we did under any of those AND we'll have a side of players that actually give a shite.

I love seeing Smith, Butt, Milner, Geremi etc getting stuck in rather than a team of Dyers or Jena's that fanny around and never give a shit.

We may not be pretty to watch right now but don't forget we've got Enrique to come in, we've got Owen to get fit, we've got Emre, Barton and Duff as well.

This thread is unbelievable.

Actually, it's not, but it is fucking embarrassing.

Guest firetotheworks

Because Marton O'Neill is a cavalier manager who never sets his team out defensively... any chance that might have contributed.

Didn't stop us beating them 3-1 against virtaully the same team last season.

We were unbelievably lucky last season and we had different players playing in a different formation and so did they. Despite winning 3-1 they pissed all over us for the majority of the match and only an unplanned counter attack got us the 3rd goal in the final minutes. Today we were better, and so were they.

Anyone remember the quality of football under Dogleash, Gullit, SBR's first season, Glenda?

We were shite, we signed shite and the tactics were shit.

We will play better football under Sam than all of those Managers. We'll play with more awareness and greater understanding of systems than we did under any of those AND we'll have a side of players that actually give a shite.

I love seeing Smith, Butt, Milner, Geremi etc getting stuck in rather than a team of Dyers or Jena's that fanny around and never give a shit.

We may not be pretty to watch right now but don't forget we've got Enrique to come in, we've got Owen to get fit, we've got Emre, Barton and Duff as well.

Actually, it's not, but it is fucking embarrassing.

Well said

Guest firetotheworks

We were s****, we signed s**** and the tactics were s***.

We will play better football under Sam than all of those Managers. We'll play with more awareness and greater understanding of systems than we did under any of those AND we'll have a side of players that actually give a s****.

I love seeing Smith, Butt, Milner, Geremi etc getting stuck in rather than a team of Dyers or Jena's that fanny around and never give a s***.

Actually, it's not, but it is f****** embarrassing.

Well said

In a nutshell.

Very disappointed with the result, but its early days, and with Duff, Barton & Emre out injured, Zoggy playing out of position, new LB to slot in, hopefully a competent RB to come in, Dyer being sold, and 3 out 4 forwards struggling with fitness were going to get games like this.

Still feel we should of beat Villa, terrible result considering, but i can take it, theres nothing to suggest our problems are as deep routed as last season, and the fact we didn't lose it in the last 5mins shows an improvement in mental toughness.