"Fergie Eyes Up Martins" writes Custis in The Sun

NSG

Keegan as DoF, Ashley selling up to Chinamen or maybe Icelandic businessmen (with Shearer somehow figuring), Allardyce frustrated, Oba to Arsenal, Oba to Man Utd, N'Zogbia to Fulham, Owen to wherever.

I wish someone would start a media watch because this summer has been ridiculous.  The British football media are amateurs and liars. 

This.  North American sports are at least covered by Journalists. 

Maaaaaaaaax Bretos!

Before you say anything, you can't help but grow to love him.

(While at the same time wanting to break the telly in a murderous rage)

martins couldnt have committed his future to us any more in the last few days and he's still linked with a move.

The story will be bullshit but I'd call it the very definition of naive if people think that Martins wouldn't leave in second if Man U wanted him.

this.

Even if it does go through and we end up with Diouf it's not so bad considering we're playing 4-3-3.

I'd rather have Anelka, please.

Me too, rather have Anelka over Martins ability wise.

...personally I'd swap any of our strikers for Anelka.

Even if it does go through and we end up with Diouf it's not so bad considering we're playing 4-3-3.

Even Mark "He's totoal class him, you'll see, 20 goals a season" Viduka??

:lol:

Annoyed at not being able to do it about Dyer any more, Northern Monkey now seeks to put words in to peoples mouths about Mark Viduka.

Guest shaun11177

Presumably the same Shaun Custis who wrote 2 months ago that Owen would definitely sign for Man Utd in another world exclusive banner back page headline.

Just keep throwing names around Mr Custis you might get one right eventually.

Annoyed at not being able to do it about Dyer any more, Northern Monkey now seeks to put words in to peoples mouths about Mark Viduka.

:lol: Wind it in, soft lad.

It was a generalisation about soem of the hysterical shite some people were putting on here about the Viduka and how great they claimed he was, in the face of all historical evidence and common sense.

It wasn't a FACT, it was a tongue-in-cheek statement. Get over it.

God please don't sell him. I just bought a strip with "9 Martins" on the back, all my Man U classmates would laugh their asses off if I'd wear it in school....

United fans don't seem to be very keen on Martins judging by their forum replies:

"Yes, let's add another midget to our forward line which already lacks height."

"Maybe we could play Tevez on Martins' shoulders?"

"Wouldn't be a wise move imo, story is probably bollocks. Still, I would take Martins over Owen, glad they're not linking us to him again"  :giggle:

God please don't sell him. I just bought a strip with "9 Martins" on the back, all my Man U classmates would laugh their asses off if I'd wear it in school....

Go to a school with a fucking uniform then. No wonder this country is on its fucking knees. I blame the French.

It was a generalisation about soem of the hysterical shite some people were putting on here about the Viduka and how great they claimed he was, in the face of all historical evidence and common sense.

Sorry, think I missed this guy out ;) It was a joke Monkey!

Oh, ok.

Twat. :lol:

Oh, ok.

Twat. :lol:

I wouldn't be too worried or concerned as long as there is a plan in place to move for a replacement quickly as we would be netting £13 million.

However, we haven't exactly been quick in tying up deals this summer so it would be a worry for me.

Tell you what is really frustrating though ... Sam it appears, definitely wants to play the 4-3-3 and because Owen was injured throughout our pre-season we never got a chance to see if he could function in this setup. If we knew for sure that he could be productive as a 4-3-3 wide striker, then selling Martins wouldn't be that much of a disaster as we could easily replace him with Diouf, and not even necessarily Anelka. If we were confident Owen could score regularly in a 4-3-3 I wouold be more than happy with an Owen, Viduka and Diouf front line.

Problem is of course no one knows what Owen's role is going to be and it is making things more complex than it would have been.

Keegan as DoF, Ashley selling up to Chinamen or maybe Icelandic businessmen (with Shearer somehow figuring), Allardyce frustrated, Oba to Arsenal, Oba to Man Utd, N'Zogbia to Fulham, Owen to wherever.

I wish someone would start a media watch because this summer has been ridiculous.  The British football media are amateurs and liars. 

To be fair, the "British media" can hardly be blamed for the Iceland story.

Anelka says he wants to leave, i reckon if Fergie goes for a striker he'll go for Anelka.

He needs some height and strength, i know thats not Anelka's game, but he's better at it than Martins and certainly what they've got right now. Very one dimensional start to the season by Manu, they need other options up front.

Dear Sir Alex, David Gill, and ugly American man with trampy beard who wears his trousers too high,

I am writing to notify you on your recent enquiry about the availability of our striker, Obafemi Martins.  Sadly, Oba is not for sale, and in all fairness, this letter is basically telling the three of you to "FUCK OFF" about trying to buy him.

However, we would like to offer you an exclusive offer on one Michael Owen.  Why not save yourselves £3million and take this delightful, well-spoken player off our hands.  For £10million this little gem can be yours.  Although high-maintanance, he will never say a bad word about you or your fans, and will always leave your supporters with a glimmer of hope when out injured.

Yours sincerely,

Christopher Mort