Smoggies VS Newcastle

Decky

Looks like Andrew Taylor may miss out with an ankle injury now, meaning that Boro may be missing all of their first choice back four and will probably line up:

Davies - Riggott - Wheater - Hines

Anything other than a win against that would be deeply disappointing in all honesty.

Looks like Andrew Taylor may miss out with an ankle injury now, meaning that Boro may be missing all of their first choice back four and will probably line up:

Davies - Riggott - Wheater - Hines

Anything other than a win against that would be deeply disappointing in all honesty.

With all those injuries I wouldn't be surprised if it snowed.

Bits & bobs from a interview with Lee  Cattermole:

LEE Cattermole's first memories of a Tyne-Tees derby were significant for all the wrong reasons - he had to sit with the opposition supporters.

I turned to my dad and said that if I want to play in a game then it would be here," revealed Cattermole, who also made it known he has no friends who are Newcastle fans.

We were with all of these Geordies, it was horrible to be fair - I'll not do that again

People were even talking about it before the Fulham game (last weekend) and how we had better beat the Geordies. It is a massive game for us, but then every one is massive.

'ask Cats how much this means'. It means a lot to the fans and they will be over the moon if we win the game.

It can be read in full & in the correct context at:

http://www.thisisthenortheast.co.uk/mostpopular.var.1643754.mostviewed.catts_stalking_magpies.php

Talking to some smoggies yesterday, decent fellas as well. They honestly reckon that we have the most troublesome fans in the league and the police all deserved a medal for stopping a riot last year.

Never heard so much nonsense in all my life :lol:

Guest toonlass

Whilst not wearing my black and white shirt in the home end, do you think it will be ok to wear my England Shirt(or will I get lynched for reminding them of Mclaren)? I am practicing my cockney accent as we speak,  ;D

Decisions, decisions....

Whilst not wearing my black and white shirt in the home end, do you think it will be ok to wear my England Shirt(or will I get lynched for reminding them of Mclaren)? I am practicing my cockney accent as we speak,  ;D

Decisions, decisions....

Wear an Australian national shirt with the number 9 on the back...  :coolsmiley:

Meh, this might just be easy optimism from me, but this...

“We have an opportunity to build on the performance at Bolton and if we do that we’ll cause Middlesbrough a few problems.

“It’s often down to taking your chances, like Blackburn showed on the opening day at Boro, and we have the players to do that.

“We need to have that cutting edge on Sunday, like we did at Bolton, and if you have that you can turn a game in your favour very quickly.

“We’ve got goals all over our team and a lot of attacking quality. It is my job to use that talent for what is best for Newcastle United and we’ll have to see who we use at Boro.”

.co.uk

... sounds to me like: "attacking, passing football worked really well against a shite defense at Bolton - it'll work again."   

Fingers crossed. :D  Hope he sticks with the same formula, personally.

This game is like playing a lower Div side in the FA Cup - on paper, you expect to win as they have so many injury problems in defence, but in reality, the replacements come in & try like hell to justify their place - not to mention the pressure from the locals(in this case) to turn us over, which would make their season.

If last Saturday is anything to go by, we will compete well physically, and if we score first will win - if it goes well into the game without us scoring I can see them getting a draw and even sneaking a win.

Against Villa, you got the impression that if Villa had scored, we would not have been able to get an equaliser- hope Owen is a bit sharper now, if so I go for 1-0 to us.

Spoke to a mate of mine from boro this morning, he rekons that a load of boro twats are gonna be waiting outside The Navigation (the pub by the railway next to the ground) reckons they are gonna have a go at the coaches on the way out......so then who wants a window seat ;)

Spoke to a mate of mine from boro this morning, he rekons that a load of boro twats are gonna be waiting outside The Navigation (the pub by the railway next to the ground) reckons they are gonna have a go at the coaches on the way out......so then who wants a window seat ;)

Wouldn't surprise me like, they've got a bad reputation and rightly so. Of course it was all coincidence it kicked off in most places where they traveled in Europe.  :rolleyes: